Author Topic: The Dreaded Bugs Thread....  (Read 55812 times)

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
The Dreaded Bugs Thread....
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2005, 02:38:50 PM »
Quote from: "Lord Ernie"
Right, I have a bug here for ya (not sure if this has been fixed yes or no). I'm playing with a party of 4 for now (picking up Edwin later), with Myself, Minsc, Viconia and Fade (obviously). Now while I was fooling about with some variables, I found the variable for the Fade-Viconia fight, and set it to 1 to check it out.

Instead of the dialogue, some Viccy-Minsc banter triggered (about his facial tattoos, still hilarious though ('it is the face that the ladies love')). I reloaded, removed Minsc from the party, and tried again. This time the dialogue triggered correctly (the Bioware catfight dialogues are NOTHING compared to this one :D). Perhaps a weighting problem or something?

There is a good chance that is the case - this was one of the very first 'not a general LT' that Sil coded. There's a couple of things I need to change (heh heh, the Trademeet tomb banter actually works for female PCs (because she was orginally a female romance too) so Fade still stuff jewels in her cleavage and invites a female PC to retrieve them later!  :shock: ) but I think most of them are pretty small. And everyone needs to see just how much Fade and Viccy hate each other! (Glad you liked it...  :D )

Offline Hesperus

• AOL Instant Messenger - Hesperus12
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 09:56:39 PM »
first, i just love Fade, very well done! i've never had as much fun with a romance npc :-D

the issue i had was potential bug/compat issue with Sola in the party when we all went to the bodhi fight after the underdark, sola didn't get nabbed, all bodhi's attention went to the lovely Fade (can't blame her). i reloaded to try again with the same results so i ended up parking sola at my pc's keep as a guard for a time for the bodhi fight .

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 11:46:58 PM »
Solas supposed to get nabbed no matter what, isn't he (and does his uber-hard turn... *shudders* I remember the first time Sola got Bohdi-napped. I think I lasted less than a minute... :oops: Its those damn spiders! I *hate* those damn spiders.) Obviously Fade is supposed to be Bohdi-napped if the romance global is at two, and as far as I am aware thats the only check. I've not played Fade through with Sola (because I needed to test her and not get distracted by luscious drow... naughty Sola!) - has anyone else had this error? I'll look into it tonight, when I get home from work  :D

And thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod :D (although once we iron out these little glitches and get ToB finished, I'll be even happier!!  :lol: )

*Random Computer Gripe* Grrrrr... my mouse cursor keep flying up to the left hand corner of the screen! Its that damn wacom tablet again...  :x

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 11:59:45 PM »
Sola didn't get napped when I was romancing Kelsey the other day either. I was like "Oh...? No kidnapping? Phew, lucky me..." Yes, I really *hate* those spiders too. :roll:

Offline Hesperus

• AOL Instant Messenger - Hesperus12
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2005, 11:36:40 PM »
glad to point out a potential issue, kelsey too huh? bummer, ya my pcs always get the hots for sola, but fade is really something else (sigh...)

the revenge spiders are nasty, but what really bugs me about that encounter is how drizzt gets killed from bodhi's nasty fireshield thingy, so i control+q him to temporarily have him in the party to tell him who to whack lol

best wishes on the final versions :D

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2005, 12:55:56 AM »
I've put a little question on the Q&A forum to see if anyone else has had this with their NPCs. Nothing was put into Fades script to stop Sola from getting nabbed... I'm wondering if he has to be close to Bohdi (like Charnames chosen squeeze has to be near him/her when he/she changes into the Slayer to get the Slayer transformation talk). Sometimes it is just a matter of proximity (but sometimes it isn't!). I'll let you know what I find out, if anything ;-)

:D Oddly enough, my PCs also always get the hots of Sola (but there again, they did before he was a mod!!!!  :lol: Have always loved Sola.... *sigh*)

Offline Cursed Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2005, 05:04:18 AM »
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere - a spelling question.  Ive never before noticed it being "Tan'ari", as it's always been "Tanar'ri" -  or so I believe.

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2005, 05:25:56 AM »
Spellings differ from source to source - I've actually seen it spelt three different ways! I have actually changed the spelling to the 3ed spellings now, which is indeed Tanar'ri. However, as its only a minor problem so I'm not too concerned ;-)

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2005, 05:28:47 AM »
I always use "Tanar'ri" form. It sounds better then "Tan'ari" IMO.
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

Offline Lord Ernie

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - Ask for it
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2005, 02:26:43 PM »
This one is just a tiny bug, really, caused by what you might call a lack of roleplaying on my account:

Since Imoen is already in the party, I don't think this little dialogue should pop up. Thing is, I skipped the inn, and went right to the pirate captain and had myself (with Minsc's help) declared insane (it took the world bloody long to figure that one out :D). When entering the tavern after Spellhold, this dialogue pops up...

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2005, 02:30:09 PM »
yeah I guess that is a little error.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2005, 02:31:16 PM »
:D So,skipping quests, are we? And this bug is very, very tiny :) Nothing to worry about :)
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

Offline Lord Ernie

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - Ask for it
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2005, 02:41:38 PM »
True, but I see it a bit as a duty to report bugs, no matter how small. We are still playing a 'beta' afer all. And this one is indeed tiny, a simple !InParty(Imoen2) will fix this one. That's why I actually reported it in the first place.

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2005, 11:33:28 PM »
Quote from: "Lord Ernie"
True, but I see it a bit as a duty to report bugs, no matter how small. We are still playing a 'beta' afer all. And this one is indeed tiny, a simple !InParty(Imoen2) will fix this one. That's why I actually reported it in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I was only pointing that you skipped a quest which after Spellhold is locked.
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

Offline Silmarien

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2005, 01:52:41 AM »
Whoops.  :oops:  Thanks for pointing it out.  :-D I'm now hunting down the variable which checks whether you're done with Spellhold, just a !InParty(Imoen2) might not be enough since there are some really cold-hearted people who'll tell her to find her own way out of Spellhold. :D
Random Thoughts From My Ivory Tower