Author Topic: A bizzare NPC duo I plan for my PnP party to meet.  (Read 6850 times)

Offline BlueNose

• View Profile
A bizzare NPC duo I plan for my PnP party to meet.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 03:47:19 AM »
Quote from: "Lord Kain"
Spying on her while she bathed ohhh, thats a good idea.
I don't know how far the party would want to go delving into the mystery but I'll see.
I'm also happy to see someone else join the chat, BlueNose what do you think of his odd curse.

It's a nice curse  :evil: Just the sort of thing an offended faerie might do, non-lethal but really embarassing.  :o

The way I make up curses, if they aren't meant to be lethal, is to think of something that if it happened to a PC then the other players would laugh about it. A nice one I used (on a co-operative PC who'd I talked about it with before I cursed him) was to curse someone to speak their mind - literally whatever they thought they would say, and he wasn't aware of it. That needs co-operation from the player, but it was great fun. It's also nice if you can find something appropriate to the nature of the offence. Your sorceror won't be groping/ogling ladies any time soon.  :D

A more lethal one which happened in a game when I was playing had our
employers, a Duke and Duchess, cursed so that they started to age
rapidly and in opposite directions. At first he thought getting younger was a good thing, until he hit puberty from the wrong direction. Meanwhile, she was turning into an old lady and didn't enjoy it. Breaking that curse meant recovering the personal items that had been used to curse them.

As an idea for motivating PCs, could he be a mentor to one of them? Or perhaps they need his help, and he wants to be restored as the price of helping them.

I've just finished his spell list now I'm working on what gear he can actualy use in his form. For a 14th level Sorcerer is equipment is quite lacking Even for an NPC. While the Rogue has more PC level equipment for her level.

His cloak of resistance is used to tie him to Katharine's back
And his "rattle" is actually a wand of maximized magic missile (9th level caster) He can't use potions or scrolls unless someone else is holding it for him. He does have a tiny ring of protection and a necklace that acts as an amulet of natural armor. But that about covers it.

The only other things I can think of are Ioun Stones, which don't require anything other than a head. :-D They can add a few useful offensive and defensive capabilities.
[/quote]
Every DM has a dream of something:
- armed to the teeth
- with weird magical powers
- possessing a certain amount of vicious cunning
- fighting like a cornered rat
- and vindictive in victory and defeat.

But that's enough about the adventuring party.

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 10:20:21 AM »
the party isn't going to cure him, not yet anyway I plan on them being reoccuring characters.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Alice Elliot Hyuga

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2005, 11:06:15 AM »
On the subject of him groping ladies. If he's in the body of a six month old. Wouldn't he still be breastfeeding?

Offline BlueNose

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2005, 01:29:53 AM »
Quote from: "Alice Elliot Hyuga"
On the subject of him groping ladies. If he's in the body of a six month old. Wouldn't he still be breastfeeding?

Well, he is now.  :shock:

The idea is that he was an adult, but he did something that offended a powerful faerie and was cursed into baby form. Gorping her (or spying on her while she bathed) were a couple of suggestions for what he might have done to annoy her.

And yes, he's got the whole breastfeeding, nappy changing, and general helplessness to deal with, while retaining his adult mind.  :D
Every DM has a dream of something:
- armed to the teeth
- with weird magical powers
- possessing a certain amount of vicious cunning
- fighting like a cornered rat
- and vindictive in victory and defeat.

But that's enough about the adventuring party.

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 08:31:22 AM »
But don't call him helpless or your going to get a freezing sphere spell up your ass.
Malek “Before my curse, I’d never managed to see Katherine's breasts... she always caught me, and covered up... then she’d hit me... with a rock... in the face... I miss those days.”

Katherine: “well now you get to see them everyday”

Malek: “They kinda lost their appeal when I had to rely on them as a food source”
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Jarlaxle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 07:45:24 PM »
I take it Katherine and Malek will be pretty nasty?  Personally, I'd make them both friendly (more than likely NG and CG, respectively).  Trying to remove the curse could lead to some entertaining adventures.

And for some reason, Katherine is giving me bad flashbacks to one of the nastiest characters I've ever had the misfortune to deal with: a human dual-classed Ftr6/Asn11 named Kara.  Rather than hijack this, I'll start another thread for memorable NPC's.
Jarlnian Del'Axle, third son of Yvonnel Baenre; leader of Bregan D'Aerthe

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 10:57:41 PM »
Actually Jarlaxle, they are NG and CG.

Katherine is chaotic good and Malek is Neutral Good. I can understand how you might think Malek is "nasty" but where did you get that idea about Katherine. Malek is just very angry or should I say he's cranky. He won't actually cast freezing sphere at you. He'll just say.
"shut up or I'll shove a freezing sphere down your throat!"
As long as you don't bring up Malek's condition he's friendly. And Katherine is almost always friendly.

The party I'm dealing with are a group with Exalted feats. They are REALLTY good people. So they won't make fun of him to much.
"Who--who are you?"
"I can see that"