Author Topic: Fade Compatibility - Salvaged Thread  (Read 11018 times)

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://mistresselysia.deviantart.com/
Fade Compatibility - Salvaged Thread
« on: April 10, 2005, 02:21:27 AM »
Quote from: "Sillara"
I figured it would be a good idea to have a thread about this in here.  That way known incompatibilities can avoided.  This is what I currently have installed, and so far I have not had any problems with Fade.

Grand Mastery Fix (CoM)
BG2 Fix (One Pixel)
BagBonus
DungeonBeGone
Banterpack
d0quest
ItemUpgrade
Solaufein
NPCFlirt
UB
EdwinRomance
edwintob
Hubelpot
Kivan
KivanBG1Soundset
CRSoA
Shuri Ninja
G3 tweaks
Willie Bruce
Tsujatha
Yasraena
Kindrek
Fade
Crossmod Banter

I like NPCs, and I don't like harder fights.  Could you tell?   ;-)   And now I need to get CoM Encounters installed.  I am still trying to get Saerileth installed again, though.  I have an unfinished banter hanging up the installation, which I need to finish before I can start adding in new mods.  Sigh.

Sillara

Quote from: "Kain"
Theres a major Non compatablility issue with the improved battles mod specifly the improved Firkraag encounter by installing this componet it makes a critical fade quest unfinishable.  so please do not install this componet or the romance will stall after a certain point

Quote from: "Dr.Shaman"
Could be there a non compatiblility issue with other mods that change Windspear Hills and/or Firkraag's dungeon, like maybe CoM Encounters ? I have both (and only) CoME and Fade mods installed and I can't enter Firkraag's Dungeon... or is it just another CoME bug...

I dont think this problem is with Fade the only way there would be a non comaptiablity with any mods that change the winderspear hills/ firkraag dungeon is if the mod lets Firkraag teleport away from the battle without leaving any loot behind like the the improved Firkraag encounter

Quote from: "Dr.Shaman"
Got it. Thank you.

Quote from: "Dalis'ilhea"
Not sure where to put this but for some reason I think that I read that a patch is needed... Is anything required other then installing the game and Fade?

all you need is the latest Tob patch and the balduresh fixpack and you can enjoy Fades company  :lol:

Quote from: "Odolon"
Hey Mistress I think there is an incompatibility with Sheds  Yirakai Mod and Fade.
This NPC is a monk how seeks CF. He is silent as long as he does not possess it.
( Vow of silent).

With Fade the Guarded Compound is locked due to here quest.
If you have Fade installed, you are not able to enter the Compound before the abduction or if you donít take here along.
With Yirakai you are tempted to get CF as fast as possible. Not only to get the NPC start talking.

Do you think it might be possible to solve it for both situation?

A thought Iíve had is, just to block the upper Level of the Compound ( to preserve Fades quest ) and in the ground level there could be CF stuffed with a monster or more Slaver.

Odolon

Quote from: "Mistress Elysia"
Hmmm - that is a problem. I must admit, i'd never heard of the NPC or his quest before you mentioned him! It simply may be that they are not compatible. I was planning on opening up the Slaver compound no matter what after you've gone through Underdark - by then, the chances of you having enough time to get that far through the romance or friendship are slim anyway. And moving the CF may upset the other mod anyway...

There are so many NPC mods out there now, there are bound to be the odd conflicts. Its a shame, and I wish all mods could be played together, but with such a limited amount of places people can put things in (unless we all go majorly into area editing... and get conflicts for map placements!) its inevitable sometimes. :-( I'll think on it and ask Sil if she can see a way round it, though!   ;-)

Quote from: "Silmarien"
All sorts of things are going on in the guarded compound, it seems. Elysia and I will try to think of a solution that avoids as many conflicts as possible. Will keep your suggestion in mind, Odolon, though I don't quite like the idea of moving Celestial Fury. Ideas, anyone?

Offline Master Po

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 03:56:07 PM »
Fade doesn't appear after paying off her contracts to Mallon.  I'm running the Big Picture Mod and all of it's required mods plus Valen.

Is there any way to force her to spawn?

Offline SirJonEsquire

• AOL Instant Messenger - thisismysn5678
    • View Profile
Fade and Tactics Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 05:38:37 PM »
I didn't see the Tactics mod in the list of Fade-compatable mods. Why, dear Mistress? WHY?!

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 12:57:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure she is Tactics compatible *looks a litle bit sheepish* because I've spent so long writing and testing in a largely unmodded game (i.e. I haven't been playing for the hell of it!) I personally haven't tried her out with many mods.  :oops:

The only thing she is not compatible with (for story purposes) is anything that makes Firkraag unkillable ;-) . That mean ole dragon has to die!

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 02:40:00 AM »
Then there might be an incompatibility with the Super Firkraag Mod from RPGDungeon. Not really sure, though. I've never installed it.

As for compatibility, I've tried Fade successfully with the following:

-Wikaede
-D0 Tweaks
-Warrior Kitpack
-SP Collection
-CoM Encounters
-Dark Ritual
-Desecration of Souls
-Ease-Of-Use
-Kelsey SoA
-Kelsey ToB
-Alora
-G3 Anniversary
-NPC Kits
-NPC Tweaks
-Refinements (Shapeshifting Fix & Universal Mage Robes)
-Chloe
-One Pixel Productions
-Alassa
-Ghareth
-Hessa
-Unusual Oddities Shop
-Herbs and Potions Add-in
-Getting Rid of Anomen
-Dungeon-Be-Gone
-JPS Portraits
-Keto SoA
-Kiara-Zaiya
-Imoen Romance
-Natural Selection
-Improved Asylum
-Orcish Scout Kit
-Valen
-Tashia
-Kido
-Transfer Yoshimo's EXP

Offline Diced

• AOL Instant Messenger - Diskcaydern
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 06:39:13 PM »
Recently finished playing through SoA with Fade, Brilliant mod. Starting into ToB with her. Have turnabout and Ascension, anyone else done the same?

Offline Mistress Elysia

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 08:58:19 AM »
I'm writing ToB right now, so she won't have any banters etc and if you boot her, she won't re-spawn (as she isn't coded to do that quite yet!). At the moment I'm waiting to hear from Sil and the state of her modding computer - once I get the thumbs up from her, I AM going to give myself a time-frame to getting ToB released (even if it's not quite finished!) because my heel-dragging is irrititating me, and giving me a dead line = I HAVE TO DO IT!!! :D So, for the compatibility issue - there shouldn't be one, and I'm going to try my hardest to make sure that she is compatible with them.

:) And I'm very glad you've enjoyed the mod!

Offline Diced

• AOL Instant Messenger - Diskcaydern
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 04:51:03 PM »
Ah, sounds good. Just wanted to see that she wouldent bug out on that content. Looking forward to the ToB version, good luck  :D