Author Topic: Dark Side of the Sword Coast v1.02  (Read 783 times)

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Dark Side of the Sword Coast v1.02
« on: June 04, 2019, 04:05:26 PM »
DSotSC v1.02 for BGEE and SOD.

Dark Side of the Sword Coast adds many new quests and new NPCs to join your adventures.

This version fixes the introduction screen after meeting Jetlaya and also provides support for the World Map.

Download DSotSC v1.02

Compatibility: I have tested DSotSC with Dark Horizons, NTotSC and The Stone of Askavar with the Worldmap mod installed as well without any issues.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 04:09:30 PM by Red Carnelian »
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dark Side of the Sword Coast v1.02
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 06:43:14 AM »
Did you perhaps fixed gamebreaking bug with Davaeorn and his forced Spider spawn spell in the ORIGINAL ( for vanilla ) DSotSC?

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 03:43:07 PM »
Can you tell me the version you are using. For the original version which is also compatible with TUTU you should have DSotSC v1.06.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 04:09:38 AM by Red Carnelian »
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 01:05:33 AM »
Can you tell me the version you are using. For the original version which is also compatible with TUTU you should have DSotSC v1.06.
Yea, that was one I was using but this bug is persistent in all versions I think. Here is the link to the original post: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8316.0
Maybe this will help too: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8340.0
Sorry for posting in wrong section of forum, just wanted to draw your attention.

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 05:29:54 AM »
I think the best bet is to convert the latest BGEE version so it works with the original BG and Tutu as well. This will take some time to complete but the BGEE version is more up to date and doesn't have those issues you mention. It also needs doing really to avoid confustion etc. One version for all three.

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 05:54:43 AM »
Really good idea I think and I hope it will not take too much time and trouble to finish it. In the meantime could you please investigate that Spider spawn spell for original vanilla BG:TotSC, of course if you are able and have install at hand. I imagine that isn't such a big problem but I don't know how to fix it and I rather wouldn't mess with NearInfinity to completely erase that spell from the game and modifying various bcs.scripts which use it as I'm sure I will do more harm than good. Probably this spell works perfectly fine for EE and Tutu versions but unfortunately causes CTD and game breaking bug in vanilla. I never really finished original vanilla game once so I want to give it one more try, LOL.

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 02:27:47 AM »
From what I see cause of the CDT with Spider spawn spell in vanilla BG:TotSC is very simple, there is no animation for summoned phase or sword spiders in it, unlike for its version for Tutu for example. 

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 01:12:18 PM »
Mage9 script is overkill in my opinion. DS did try to make these encounters harder but the script could be done better. Dire Charm would be a better option. I'll try to get it sorted over the weekend.

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 02:15:31 PM »
Great, thanks in advance. Davaeorn isn't insurmountable in fact, thanks to that super powerful bow from that dwarf merchant in Beregost from Dark horizons mod, he is goner in two seconds. On the other hand DH mod brings it's own tons of problems and CTDs which I want to avoid this time...

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 04:16:25 PM »
I've updated some of the links temporarily for just the original and tutu versions with the fix to the mage script. I'll try to get Solaufein to upload it later to the server in the proper section.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:19:24 PM by Red Carnelian »

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 01:50:18 AM »
Great, thank you. I will try it on Tutu.

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • The night is dark and full of terrors...
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 08:43:14 AM »
I believe I got the links fixed in the download section of the forum for V1.06 let me know otherwise.  :)
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester