Author Topic: Download the most recent version  (Read 553 times)

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Download the most recent version
« on: October 25, 2018, 06:34:58 AM »
To avoid confusion if you wish to play DSotSC without BGEE then version 1.06 is the most recent version. This version works with the original game as well as Tutu. You can download it here DSotSC v1.06
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 06:40:52 AM by Red Carnelian »
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Download the most recent version
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:17:14 PM »
Ok, I'm playing 1.06 version which is labeled beta in it's README on vanilla BG:TotSC. But I have few questions. For starters, why most NPC from this mod have buffed abilities like THACO, saving throws and number of spells which they can cast only to lose them on leveling up, in effect making them weaker when they get level instead of other way around? And what are those strange override scripts which make Thorfin and Skezzer to stutter and stop every round and terminate their current action in the middle of fighting, scouting or thieving? Very tiresome and impractical. Lastly what exactly do all those fighting scripts without description which are part of the DS I presume? 

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 12:17:31 PM »
Hi Greenhorn

I'm not sure what's causing the levelling issues. Most of the NPC's will still have the same stats from the original mod so will most likely seem overpowered. In the original version additional scripts were created that you could choose in addition to those offered by BG1. These were designed to work with any new spells and provide better interaction, but like yourself in some cases I have found the lack of control annoying. You should be able to change them through the options screen somehow to ones that are more suitable. I haven't had the chance to take a look at the vanilla version for a while, in fact I'm surprised anyone is still playing it. I'll have to dust off my old PC to get it installed again.
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 02:22:24 PM »
Hi, Red Carnelian, probably NPC were maybe higher level than they are now, or they were deliberately overpowered  to be viable alternative to vanilla NPC but original author/s forget that they lose those abilities at level up.  ;D As for Thorfin and Skezzer they have default script but still they are quitting their current action and stay idle. Exactly the same thing is with BGT version too, I think there is some override stuff in their files which causes it. And yes, you are right, vanilla BG1 players are quite rare birds these days...   ;)