Author Topic: Yasraena FAQ  (Read 103031 times)

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Yasraena FAQ
« on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »
Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:38 am    

Where exactly do I pick up Yasraena?
At the exit to the surface of Irenicus' dungeon.

Is she compatible with Dungeon-Be-Gone?
Yes.

Is she romanceable?
Try it and see. :wink:
Males only.

Is she WeiDU?
Yes.

Why is she in Irenicus' dungeon?
Her quest led her there, and since she was no match for the archmage, she was captured and put in a cell. She escaped in the confusion, like everyone else.

Why is she on the surface?
Being a good drow, certain circumstances allowed her to escape to the surface, and now that she is here, she has a quest to complete.

Why is she a good drow?
Well, she is inclined towards good, but even the purest-of-heart would eventually be corrupted by the evil of the Underdark. However, she had a mentor who encouraged her and kept her on the right path.

Where is she from?
Menzoberranzan, of the House of Arkhenneld.

Will she be voiced?
Yes, by Sillara.

Will she have an original portrait?
Yes, by XVIII. Alternates by Plasmocat and Thorium Dragon.

Why are so many topics in the Yasraena forum locked?
I figured it would be good to put this in the FAQ, especially considering how volatile a subject it is. Sillara and nethrin (creators of this mod) lock only either threads referring old versions or old version bug-reports. The former is outdated, and the latter is irrelevant. So they are locked, not to constrain people, but to keep the forum tidy and avoid confusion.

Offline Tameon the Dragoon

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Yasraena FAQ
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:54 PM »
Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:30 am    

Will she banter with any other mod NPCs?

What reasons does she have for staying with and friends after her mission is completed? If she is a goal-driven person as I've assumed, it seems to me that she would have no reason left to risk her life by helping fight Irenicus once she is done with her quest. Or...would saying anything spoil the fun?
She has lived her life hunted and hated. Can you show Kari the compassion she deserves? The Kari the Kobold mod is now in Beta!

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »
Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:34 am

What reasons does she have for staying with and friends after her mission is completed? If she is a goal-driven person as I've assumed, it seems to me that she would have no reason left to risk her life by helping fight Irenicus once she is done with her quest. Or...would saying anything spoil the fun?

no. not in the initial release of the mod. the reaosn is simple: there is a mod in development called the "cross mod banter pack." any modded NPC banters would have to be included there.

oh, there is a reason, but I don't want to spoil the mod. play it and see.

Offline Tameon the Dragoon

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:56 PM »
Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:47 am

no. not in the initial release of the mod. the reaosn is simple: there is a mod in development called the "cross mod banter pack." any modded NPC banters would have to be included there.

oh, there is a reason, but I don't want to spoil the mod. play it and see.

That was what I was reffering to, but without specifically mentioning it. So it is your intention that she take part in the Crossmod Banter Pack?
She has lived her life hunted and hated. Can you show Kari the compassion she deserves? The Kari the Kobold mod is now in Beta!

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »
Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:50 am    

yes, but, it takes two to tango. so, we'd have to work out the banters with other modders. now, she can banter with kindrek and tsujatha quite easily, since they are our mods.

Offline MajorTomSawyer

• Retired
  • Modders
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Nerds Я Us
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:58 PM »
Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:34 pm  

I would be willing to help with some Hublepot banters if you are so inclined. Pretty sure Bob/Conrad would be cool about it. I helped write some of that one, and Bob edited them as needed.
"A good pipe and tobacco will allow you to endure fools, boobs, nitwits, most bosses, angry spouses, (well, maybe not angry spouses), incompetents, slings and arrows, broadsides and people who cut in front of you after you've waited 15 minutes in highway construction zones, and most of life's little problems." - Ted's Pipe Shop

Webmaster of Gaming Nerds Я Us.

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »
Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:39 am

I would be willing to help with some Hublepot banters if you are so inclined. Pretty sure Bob/Conrad would be cool about it. I helped write some of that one, and Bob edited them as needed.

sorry for the late reply. yes, that'd be great!