Author Topic: Yeowwwch! (ToB Spoiler)  (Read 87932 times)

Offline Moongaze

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Re: Yeowwwch! (ToB Spoiler)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:38 PM »
Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:05 pm    

I agree, I'm much the same. I'm for the story, characters, deepness, etc.
Battles are just something that have to be done. icon_rolleyes.gif I'm not particularly fond of them, apart from a few ones such as finally kicking Irenicus' backside or something. icon_twisted.gif

Offline Keltosh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:39 PM »
Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:12 pm    

Well I agree, battles are just a plus but I'm in for the story. And the romances icon_biggrin.gif That's why I like female NPCS icon_biggrin.gif But anyway, from time to time I enjoy installing every possible encounter mod and play through it, but never harder than core cause well.. core's the difficulty you SHOULD be playing

Offline Kai of Candlekeep

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:40 PM »
Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:46 pm    

I've always played core rules, but as I mentioned before, I've played SoA/ToB so many times, I wanted to try something different. Thus, I set my game to a higher difficulty level, just to see what would happen.

Like most of you guys I also play for the friendships and romances, I change my party members with each game I play to experience the various banters/interactions for each NPC....

I can do most of the Athkatla quests in my sleep almost, done it so many times....so it was getting to a point where I was progressing through the game too fast, and my romances were not progressing fast enough.

Bumping up the difficulty level was my way of slowing myself down.

*shrug*

It works, but it's not a solution for everybody.
Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan
I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

Member of Sol-Ek-Sa

Offline Wistrik

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:41 PM »
Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:12 am    

Sorry, I overlooked that point.

I used to crank up the difficulty back in Wolfenstein 3D and the Doom series, but after awhile it got tedious and I decided it was better to find something else to do and give the games breaks. (I'm playing BG2 again after a two year break and everything's almost like new; I even forgot how to do certain quests. :) )

If the Insane difficulty gets easy, try cranking the AI updates up as high as your computer will allow. icon_biggrin.gif
This Child of Bhaal will soon encounter Saerileth. Let the realms rejoice, and let the gods watch and wonder.

Viconia talks tough, but Yasraena *is* tough.

Offline Keltosh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:42 PM »
Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:53 am    

Well .. it also all depends on how you play. I mean..sure, the monsters ai is.. well.. it's what it is. But honestly most encounters get easy because you have tactics for them... basically you cheese them by using some sort of "trick" allowed by the game engine. I try to play like my character doesn't know what he's going to face, which means for example avoiding to memorize only the spells needed for the next encounter (it's too easy to stack on flamestrikes just because yu know the next room is filled with vampires when your characters do not ...). Also if you install every possible mod, you will have a hard time if you avoid preparing for the encounters..(tactics.. improved battles .. .etc). And lastly, some classes can be really unbalancing.. so you can always avoid them icon_biggrin.gif

Offline iommimetal

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:43 PM »
Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:10 pm    

Hi folks! I'm new here but i'm pretty much a veteran player of Soa/Tob. Anyway, this is my firts time playing with Yasreana-mod and i'm just coming from swamptemple where Nyalee extinguishes Yaga-shuras heart and Matron mother attacs Yasreana AND i have Viconia in the party and she's just offering her to them! Anyway to avoid this besides kicking Viccy out of the party? I can't do anything but watch Matron mother disintegrate Yasraena and then gamecontrols return. What to do?

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:44 PM »
Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:42 am    

yasraena's death is an unavoidable consequence of having viccy in your party. the only way to avoid it is to go back to your last savepoint and temporarily kick viccy out of your party.

the reasons there is no way to kick viccy out at the time are because:

1) we wanted to show just how wicked viccy can be,
2) just how lethal dealing with drow can be,
3) and that some situations are just so sudden that they are unavoidable.

Offline Kai of Candlekeep

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:27 am

yasraena's death is an unavoidable consequence of having viccy in your party. the only way to avoid it is to go back to your last savepoint and temporarily kick viccy out of your party.

the reasons there is no way to kick viccy out at the time are because:

1) we wanted to show just how wicked viccy can be,
2) just how lethal dealing with drow can be,
3) and that some situations are just so sudden that they are unavoidable.

Wow, that's rather vicious.... I happen to really LIKE Viconia tear.gif
Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan
I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

Member of Sol-Ek-Sa

Offline iommimetal

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:46 PM »
Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:07 am    

Hmph. I really do like Viccy but i know she can be a "biatch" sometimes. I have a quicksave just after killing of the Nyalee so i'll reload, kick Viccy temporarely out and kill me some Matron mother! icon_cool.gif Let's see how tough she is!

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:47 PM »
Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:52 am

Let's see how tough she is!

damn. tough.

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:48 PM »
Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:58 am  

I must disagree with your actions about Viconia, If your romancing Viconia in ToB you can change her alignment away from evil. This shows a LONG progression of Viconia turning away form the evil ways of a Drow.

Anyone who’s actually played through viconia’s romance would or should know that Viconia is already on the path away from evil.

If this encounter happend AFTER the point where Viconia can change her alingment it would be 1,000 times better. If she remained NE then she goes ahead with the betrayal. If she changed to true neutral then she wouldn’t.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:49 PM »
Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:41 pm    

good point. we'll just add in a code looking for an EVIL viconia, and if there is one present, the interejction fires. if not, no interjection. nice viconia. play nice!

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »
Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:56 am    

the problem is her alignment doesn't change until after Saradush is destroyed. Actually it doesn't change until after you kill Sendai, and the blue dragon bhaal spawn. So unless you change the encounter to happen on the way to the Monastery.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:51 PM »
Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:50 am    

ok, then I don't have to worry about it. one wonders why this was even brought up, then..... icon_rolleyes.gif

Offline Emperor Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2018, 04:23:52 PM »
Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:08 pm    

Like Viconia more than Yasraena, so back to the pocket plane for more cannon fodder.
My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt my wings a hurricane and my breath death!