Author Topic: Bugs for v4  (Read 65520 times)

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Bugs for v4
« on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:40 pm    

post bugs here, please.

Offline Odolon

• View Profile
Re: Bugs for v4
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:01 PM »
Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:08 pm    

Hi

I stumbled across a little oversight with the Journal entries.
After Yasraena is captured by the Elfin Party, an entry in the journal is made ( Quest Tab ). After you rescued here, the entry in the journal ( Done Quest Tab ) is made correctly but the entry under ( Quest Tab ) is not deleted.

Thanks again for a great Mod.

Odolon

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:02 PM »
Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:27 pm  

I will check this out. Thank you! And I am glad you like the mod. icon_linkbiggrin.gif

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Kai of Candlekeep

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »
Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:47 am

Hi

I stumbled across a little oversight with the Journal entries.
After Yasraena is captured by the Elfin Party, an entry in the journal is made ( Quest Tab ). After you rescued here, the entry in the journal ( Done Quest Tab ) is made correctly but the entry under ( Quest Tab ) is not deleted.

Thanks again for a great Mod.

Odolon

I have come across this as well.

It do not yet know if this will affect the outcome of her main quest.
Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan
I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

Member of Sol-Ek-Sa

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »
Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:20 am    

I will have to see if I can reproduce that bug. Sometimes I get it; sometimes not. It does NOT have any bearing on either of her quests. It's just annoying! icon_rolleyes.gif

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Kai of Candlekeep

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:05 PM »
Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:13 pm  

Again, with the journal bug:

Sometime in the middle of Yasraena's quest --- about the time when we finally find Divalir (Chapter 5 and 6) --- the journal stops updating altogether. The screen *says* my journal has been updated, but there is no entry at all.

It does not affect the quest, you are correct. But it *does* make it difficult to remember what you have to do.

I remember seeing this problem with Tsujatha pre-v.5 as well, but it was corrected in Tsujatha v5.2
Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan
I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

Member of Sol-Ek-Sa

Offline ESPRIT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:06 PM »
Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:24 pm    

Hi

After Yasraena is captured by the Elfin Party, I get the ring from the friend of Yasraena and Divalir then I go to rescue her.... I give the ring to the elfin party but Yasraena doesn't join me again :(

sorry for my english (Iam french...)

Thanks

Esprit

Offline Wistrik

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:07 PM »
Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:10 pm   

Not a bug but an inefficiency, if you don't mind the suggestion. I found in BYASRAEN.D states 141a, 142a and 143a the following constructs:

Code: [Select]
IF ~Class(Player1,DRUID_ALL)~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, I know it. It is the golden sweet olive, or the Autumnblossom.~ GOTO YasraenaTalk141b
IF ~Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, I know it. It is the golden sweet olive, or the Autumnblossom.~ GOTO YasraenaTalk141b

This could be replaced with a simpler coding that uses one less string in each instance:

IF ~Or(2)
Class(Player1,DRUID_ALL)
Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, I know it. It is the golden sweet olive, or the Autumnblossom.~ GOTO YasraenaTalk141b

Also a typo in block 151a

~I am alone, and I do not know how much longer I can edure it.~
Note that "endure" is misspelled.

To address the missing non-love option in the final lovetalk, I stuck the following response in blocks 151a and 152a:

++ ~Rest assured, we will find your Divalir.  I'll not leave you until we do.~ GOTO YasraenaTalk151m
Then I added a new block, 151m:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN YasraenaTalk151m
SAY ~(She smiles at you warmly.) Thank you for that assurance, <CHARNAME>.  It gives me the strength to continue.~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

It might be a little weak, but it gets the job done until an update becomes available.

There seems to be no way to escape having the romance variable set to 3 in the last lovetalk, but I left it alone in my addition.

In YASRAENAP.D, block WelcomeBackYasraena1a, JoinParty() should be at the end of the action list. It is currently located after the variable setting but before the journal entry removal and experience reward, so may be preventing those actions from being carried out. Bioware always puts JoinParty() at the end of the action list. After all, JoinParty() causes a new dialog file to be assigned (YASRAENJ.DLG). If nothing else, it's good form. :)

In YSTMCPTN.D, blocks ArrestYasraena1a and ArrestYasraena2a, you switch from putting each action on its own line (seperated with end-of-line characters) to placing them end to end with no seperators. I'm not sure this is a valid format for BG2.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 08:52:02 PM by Wistrik »
This Child of Bhaal will soon encounter Saerileth. Let the realms rejoice, and let the gods watch and wonder.

Viconia talks tough, but Yasraena *is* tough.

Offline Wistrik

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 04:02:08 PM »
Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:50 pm    

Okay, I thought I had the forced love issue fixed, but then along came talk block 14, Flowers. Suddenly I found myself faced with the choice of saying goodbye to Yasraena or keeping her in the party, all while trying to have a casual discussion about a flower she showed me. For this problem I added a response "I agree, but lately I haven't had time to admire such things.", which is less apathetic then the "I really don't care for flowers." response, but still lets me stay out of the hotbed of misguided expressions that follow.

I could understand her being upset if I'd been pressing her for a relationship, but I've done no such thing. I recall you saying you'd address this issue in the update, so that'll be nice. I have no interest in romancing someone who's heart clearly belongs to someone else. I told her we'd find him, and find him we will. It'd be nice if we could keep a friendship going from party-join to game-end, with no hints of romance or interest on the part of my character (who is an honorable kind of guy).
This Child of Bhaal will soon encounter Saerileth. Let the realms rejoice, and let the gods watch and wonder.

Viconia talks tough, but Yasraena *is* tough.