Author Topic: Advice requested on including Yasraena in (specific) plans  (Read 66588 times)

Offline Sir Kalthorine

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - pwearne@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Peteypaladin
    • View Profile
Advice requested on including Yasraena in (specific) plans
« on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:38 PM »
Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:01 pm  

Hi there!

I am about to start a couple of concurrent runs-through the whole of Big Picture + NeverEnding Journey, and having read lots of positive feedback concerning this NPC, I was looking forward to including them in one of my parties as listed below (NPCs to be "romanced" are listed with a [R]):

Run-through 1 (primarily to run through whole of SoA + ToB):
SoA Party: Me (Human NG Male Ranger & Cleric dual-class), Yasraena [R], Imoen (Edwin until Spellhold), Kiara[R], Zaiya, Minsc
ToB Party: Me (Human Male Ranger & Cleric dual-class), Sarevok, Imoen, Kiara [R], Zaiya, Minsc (replaced by Irenicus in Redemption)

Run-through 2 (primarily SoA run to take advantage of “Tortured Souls” mod, but eventually through ToB as well):
SoA Party: Me (Elven CG Male Fighter/Mage), Saerileth [R] (still under construction by Sillara and nethrin, but certainly sounds worth the wait!), Tsujatha (designed as a romance character for females, I know, but sounds too interesting to pass on!), Yoshimo, Kachiko, Sime [R]
ToB Party: Me (Elven Male Fighter/Mage), Saerileth [R], Tsujatha, Sime, Jan Jansen, Jaheira

Basically, I am using these runs-through to research the kind of dialogue writing used in current well-respected NPC mods, and as such I am trying to experience as much modder-written NPC banter – and romance banter in particular – as possible during my runs-through. I also want to do the mods (and their writers) justice by experiencing them in-game rather than just reading dry dialogue files. I was wondering if anyone familiar with Yasraena could answer the following:

1) Does the Yasraena Romance continue into ToB? A forum search that resulted in a thread that listed Yasraena as having 0 Lovetalks in ToB seems to indicate that it doesn’t, and I have assumed “no” above by choosing Kiara as the main Romance to go forward into ToB, but no decision is final as yet! I also want to know if, even if there is not much romance talk, whether or not Yasraena has lots to say in ToB – since if that is the case I will certainly stick with her and not pick Sarevok up.

2) In the SoA portion of the game, I assume that standard “Lovetalk” checks mean that the Yasraena romance will stall if romances with any of the standard Bioware NPCs progress. However, would the romance stall if it is running alongside Kiara’s, considering that both are third party NPCs and as such scripts may not check for clashes (i.e. can both Yasraena and Kiara able to have “RomanceActive” variables set at 2 at the same time?). While I do appreciate that there will be some circumstances (e.g. Bodhi’s love interest kidnap and pre-Tree of Life conversations) where some dialogues will not occur entirely as expected, and that I may well be setting myself up for potential game-breaking situations, I am prepared to take the risk if it means experiencing maximum NPC interaction during the main body of the game.

3) Does the Yasraena Romance check for a romance with Imoen in SoA? (I am working out which run-through, if any, I can use to try out Lord Mirrabo’s Imoen Romance mod properly)?

I appreciate that some of these questions may seem a little odd, but hopefully my motives for asking them are fairly transparent – I want to run NPC combos in which I can legitimately experience the maximum amount of mod-written NPC banter and lovetalk scenarios without (hopefully) screwing up my entire game in doing so.

Any help or advice in this regard will be much appreciated. :)
Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes." - Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Re: Advice requested on including Yasraena in (specific) plans
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:39 PM »
Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:06 pm

1) Does the Yasraena Romance continue into ToB?
2) In the SoA portion of the game, I assume that standard “Lovetalk” checks mean that the Yasraena romance will stall if romances with any of the standard Bioware NPCs progress.
3) Does the Yasraena Romance check for a romance with Imoen in SoA?

oooooooh, this was once a touchy subject. well, my forum friends, how should we respond to these questions? should kalthorine be made aware of certain realities? I am reluctant to answer....... icon_redface.gif

Offline Sir Kalthorine

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Advice requested on including Yasraena
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:40 PM »
Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:13 pm

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:06 pm

1) Does the Yasraena Romance continue into ToB?
2) In the SoA portion of the game, I assume that standard “Lovetalk” checks mean that the Yasraena romance will stall if romances with any of the standard Bioware NPCs progress.
3) Does the Yasraena Romance check for a romance with Imoen in SoA?

oooooooh, this was once a touchy subject. well, my forum friends, how should we respond to these questions? should kalthorine be made aware of certain realities? I am reluctant to answer....... icon_redface.gif

Oh dear, if my research question has offended at all then I am really sorry... please feel free to delete my post or pm me with more info as to the background I have inadvertantly touched on. It would never be my intention to cause any offence, I can assure you! icon_redface.gif

I should really have said in my original post, but the MAIN reason for me wanting to research as much modder-written NPC dialogue as possible is that, having returned to the BG2 fold recently, I want to get a good handle on what is already on offer (i.e. the standards I have to live up to), before I resurrect my own NPC Mod (Chrysta).

Once again, please accept my apologies for any (unintentional) raw nerves or ill feeling my post may have set off.

Offline Emperor Scott

• View Profile
Re: Advice requested on including Yasraena
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »
Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:24 pm    

He said "Once" a touchy subject, it is more or less common knowledge i'd imagine.
My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt my wings a hurricane and my breath death!

Offline Sir Kalthorine

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:42 PM »
Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:36 pm

He said "Once" a touchy subject, it is more or less common knowledge i'd imagine.

Not to me icon_biggrin.gif I have been trying to avoid plot details and spoilers where possible...

...however, Emperor, the info included in your recent pm clarifying the situation with Yasraena was very useful, and worth spoiling me for. I thank you icon_smile.gif

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:43 PM »
Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:48 am    

no offense at all! icon_biggrin.gif just didn't want to spoil things for you.

Offline Sir Kalthorine

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:44 PM »
Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:55 am

no offense at all! icon_biggrin.gif just didn't want to spoil things for you.

Thanks nethrin... I am fully aware of why you were reluctant to say any more (and grateful for Emperor's assistance via pm). I do appreciate both your candour and your consideration icon_biggrin.gif

Offline Slumlord

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slumlord523
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:45 PM »
Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:21 am
Run-through 1 (primarily to run through whole of SoA + ToB):
SoA Party: Me (Human NG Male Ranger & Cleric dual-class), Yasraena [R], Imoen (Edwin until Spellhold), Kiara[R], Zaiya, Minsc
ToB Party: Me (Human Male Ranger & Cleric dual-class), Sarevok, Imoen, Kiara [R], Zaiya, Minsc (replaced by Irenicus in Redemption)

don't think that Kiara/Zaiya ToB is finished. I recall a post that there could be quite a delay on that too. Might work better for just an SoA only party.
...however, Emperor, the info included in your recent pm clarifying the situation with Yasraena was very useful, and worth spoiling me for. I thank you

Yeah, I remember taking a long look at the forum index titles for Yasraena and the others at CoM and thought "Waaaait a minute." Then it hit me
Merry Christmas an' Happy New Year to ya!

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »
Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:24 am    

However, yes, to help you in choosing your party make-up, Yasraena *is* completed through ToB, with banter with the Biowares (and, via the CrossMod Banter Pack ) with Tsujatha as well.

I recommend the CMBP to all modders as a way to get their NPCs talking amongst themselves. And, don't worry. Soon Fade will be talking to Tsujatha (and Yasraena and Kindrek!).

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.