Author Topic: Crash in the battle with Davaeorn  (Read 245 times)

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
Crash in the battle with Davaeorn
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »
I found many, many, maany bugs in the Dark horizons and DSotSC for vanilla BG:TotSC but so far none was CTD until I encountered this. It seems that his script is overridden by one of the scripts from DS, specifically mage9.bcs. Among other things ( yeah, it prevents his "bad guy" speech also) one of the spells which this script is force casting ( I really, really hate this kind of thing, instead of his memorized spells he got force spells which are  uninterruptible, if one of them is corrupted it is real pain to end this fight fast enough without some metagaming dirty tactics ) is spider summoning which is new spell coming in DS package. Problem with this spell ( from my testing ) is that when you summon low levels spiders ( huge ) there is no problem but if you reach high enough levels ( Davaern is 13th level ) then phase and sword spiders come into the fray. When that happens game crashes. Probably some problem with animation or very less likely, if two of them come instead of just one.

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Re: Crash in the battle with Davaeorn
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 11:54:59 AM »
Yes I agree the force spell script sucks but it is part of the original mod so I won't be changing it unless someone comes up with a better one. I'll only mess it up if I change it.

I think the crash is an animation problem. Most likely the wrong filename for the summoning or an obsolete creature file. I will put it on the list of things to fix.
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Crash in the battle with Davaeorn
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:19:48 AM »
You know guys, I don't know is it just me but I think download section is the mess and needs urgent updating. I was checking to see is it new, corrected version of DSotSC finally out. From what I see newest version here for downloading of BG1 version of this mod is 1.05. Version I have is 1.06 from http://downloads.chosenofmystra.net. I'm sure this is the case with other mods too although I didn't  checked. It is all little confusing.
P.S. I actually saw explanation for this post at the site news, so my apologies and this message can be deleted.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 08:58:49 AM by Greenhorn »