Author Topic: Glory of Istar FAQs  (Read 5055 times)

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • The night is dark and full of terrors...
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
Glory of Istar FAQs
« on: August 20, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »
Q: What do I need to play Glory of Istar?
A: You MUST have Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal installed on your computer. You must also apply the Throne of Bhaal patch version 26498.

Q: Why do I need another game to play? I thought Glory of Istar was a totally new game.
A: In the spirit of previous "sequel" Baldur's Gate games (Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale series, Planescape: Torment), Glory of Istar is based on the Infinity Engine. Unlike the big companies, however, we do not have licensing to distribute the base setup of the game (the executable and other proprietary formats). Hence, we require you to already have and own Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, the most powerful incarnation of the Infinity Engine. Glory of Istar will use this to run.

Q: Can I import my character from Baldur's Gate or Baldur's Gate II?
A: No. If someone feels like experimenting, the character will appear to work at first, but I promise you, there will be problems if it is done.

Q: What time period in Dragonlance will this TC take place?
A: The game will take place before the Cataclysm, during Istar's reign over the continent.

Q: Will this mod work with Baldur's Gate II? Are the stories related?
A: This Dragonlance game will have no affiliation with BG2's storyline. It is a completely new game and story. The most similarities you'll see will probably be in generic items like short swords and descriptions of spells.

Q: What level will the characters start at?
A: This isn't quite as high level as BG2. Characters will start at level 1.

Q: Will there be new animations? etc.
A: Yes, new graphics galore. I've made sure that our team has plenty of graphical talent. Very few areas are being reused; only those small enough or inconsequential enough not to be noticed. You can see some screenshots here.

Q: Are there any drastic changes to game-play? Or anything new to spice up the engine?
A: A new system of spell-casting for wizards has been implemented to simulate the traditional casting methods in Dragonlance. I'll provide more info on that later. Halflings are gone; Kender are replacing them. We've made improvements on spells, effect mechanics, and particularly commoner AI and interaction.

Q: Will Glory of Istar be buggy?
A: No. Come on, Avenger (DLTCEP creator) is testing it, among handpicked others. That, and we have constant, extensive testing during production.

Q: So this is in the Dragonlance realm, eh? Does that mean there will be lots of dragons? How are level 1 parties supposed to take on dragons?
A: Sorry, it's a misnomer; there are no dragons planned in this game because of the aforementioned balancing issue.

Q: Will any characters from the Dragonlance books make appearances? How about the Heroes of the Lance?
A: Since we are NOT looking to follow paths set directly by Dragonlance books, cameos by famous personas will be kept at a minimum. There will, undoubtedly, though, be instances in which you recognize a character or two from the books.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester