Author Topic: Skeezer's staff is unequipped and I cannot re-equip it.  (Read 1166 times)

Offline wise grimwald

• View Profile
Skeezer's staff is unequipped and I cannot re-equip it.
« on: January 08, 2016, 12:22:45 PM »
Sorry I posted this in the wrong section earlier today.

For some reason Skeezer's staff is no longer equipped.

The problem is that because it is undroppable, it is impossible to re-equip it.

I once had the same problem with a Drizzt mod where his scimitars were undroppable, so I think that it could be a common problem.

It could be something to do with a spell cast by his staff which I didn't notice.

Is there a work-around to this problem?

Whilst I haven't used any magical weapons, (weapons formed by spells)  I am pretty sure that using such, could cause the problem that I am having if they were active when leveling up. Don't know what has caused it in my game though. :(

I do have keeper, though it isn't working very well, probably due to mods.

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Re: Skeezer's staff is unequipped and I cannot re-equip it.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »
There is no easy way around this. I suggest using Near Infinity to make the item droppable. Those items really should be droppable anyway. The idea doesn't work and attempts to replicate the effect are not ideal either.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:32:52 PM by Red Carnelian »
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline wise grimwald

• View Profile
Re: Skeezer's staff is unequipped and I cannot re-equip it.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:46:02 PM »
Thanks. I have now remembered what caused the problem. He was kissed by Shoal and died.

Any death would have caused the problem.

I now remember that this happened with Wulfgar in the Drizzt Saga. Years ago.

The modder, Flysoup I think that it was (Could be wrong about the name) made Wulfgar's hammer droppable.

If anyone else has the same problem it can be solved using the instructions found here:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?s=51ffb8c4b18a782fc2dc8c4d5f226e39&showtopic=4774
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:17:56 AM by wise grimwald »