Author Topic: Bugs  (Read 14548 times)

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
Re: Bugs
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 09:39:51 AM »
Remove the itemsg folder completely. Most items in that folder up the count on items which we don't need anymore. In the TUTU version weidu code is used to set some item counts. There are some miscellaneous items in that itemsg folder that need checking though.

Bub soundsets I did for BGT years OK are too quiet so I've increased the volume slightly. The ones I gave you were also at 44000hz when they need to be at 22000hz. The TUTU version will have the corrected ones.

The narration for the Darkside I've managed to tidy up a lot better then last time so it sounds OK with no hissing.

I was looking at using some of the other soundsets from the BGT version. Most are OK but Thorf needed some conversions from 44000hz to 22000hz. I'll correct them, then whoever updates the BGT version can grab them when they like.

Unfortunately I can't improve any of the old sounds like Cuch's. These really need to be redone.
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline wise grimwald

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 05:04:16 PM »
I have found a problem with the Dark One quest.

If I pick up the bag of holding inside the cabin, the game crashes. Subsequently after picking up the phalactery I couldn't find the Dark One. I suspect that bug was caused by the game crashing.

I would recommend replacing that bag of holding with a recently created one that is not buggy. If the problem is that having a container inside a container causes problems, this is easily solved by putting the container on the body of an additional character in there, a goblin or suchlike.

I took advice and have a new installation to avoid previously reported bugs.

Weidu below:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-DSOTSCBGEE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dark Side of the Sword Coast For Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Version 1.00
~SETUP-BGEEAR.TP2~ #0 #0 // TeamBG's Armors for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu Version 1.05
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Drizzt Saga for BGEE/Tutu/BGT -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: v3.00
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Raise the XP cap: v3.00
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Delayed start: Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower: v3.00
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Update default Helm kit? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Update default Lathander kit? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Update default Talos kit? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Mystra
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Kelemvor
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Tempus
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Selune
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Shar
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Auril
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Cyric
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Technician
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Shadowstalker
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Scout
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Hivemaster
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Shadow Druid
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Dervish
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #20 // Slingmaster
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #21 // Stalwart
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #22 // Flametouched
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #23 // Frostwielder
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #25 // Improved Wizard Slayer? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #26 // Mindwarden
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #27 // Purple Dragon Knight
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #28 // Flagellant
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #29 // Catholicon
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #30 // Convert Viconia to a Nightcloak of Shar?
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #31 // Convert Branwen to a Battleguard of Tempus?
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #32 // Convert Tiax to a Strifebringer of Cyric?
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #33 // Convert Faldorn to a Shadow Druid?
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in Gullykin: v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way: v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival: v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost: v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak: v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines): v22.2_20151212
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> Sarevok's Diary Date Changes only: v22.2_20151212
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Orcish Lover Encounter: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // "Many Little Paws": v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v12
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v12
~SETUP-WMART.TP2~ #0 #0 // Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at  Mid-Range Reputation: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #102 // Choose a class for Imoen -> Make Imoen a mage/thief
~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #161 // Choose a class for Minsc -> Make Minsc a fighter
~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #242 // Choose a class for Branwen -> Make Branwen a fighter/cleric
~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #321 // Choose a class for Montaron -> Make Montaron a thief
~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #464 // Choose a class for Alora -> Make Alora a cleric/thief
~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #483 // Choose a class for Xan -> Make Xan a fighter/mage (will not override Xan BG2 mod)
~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #583 // Choose a class for Viconia -> Make Viconia a cleric/thief
~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #2000 // NPC kit choices
~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #3000 // multiclass kit choices

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 06:42:53 PM »
Yep the original Bag of holding will crash the game when you pick it up. There is a bag of holding in BG2 you can replace it with. I found this crash in the TUTU version also.

Also check the Drow creatures Drow_e1 etc if they have the buckler as a shield they will cause random crashes. Best to place the buckler in the inventory of those creatures. A script conflict causes this when trying to equip a ranged weapon with the buckler equipped. Not a problem the Vanilla version but BG2 doesn't like it.

Some situations I've found like having Bub with a composite bow with Strength 17 will not crash the game in BG1 but will in BG2. So thats something just to be aware of if you get random crashes. This has happened to me and has taken ages to figure out.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:55:49 PM by Red Carnelian »
Little is known of Nirel, a powerful cleric who could resist the spells of his enemies. However, history does record that he was a vile zealot whose hatred for followers of other faiths knew almost no bounds. It is said that he kept the heads of his victims as trophies and was personally responsible for defiling over one hundred temples of other faiths. In the centuries since, his mace has appeared in the hands of evil clerics across the Realms.

Offline wise grimwald

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 05:30:27 AM »
I have been continuing the game with the same set-up as above and the baby dragon didn't turn up.

I created one, killed it and after that everything worked OK.

Does it matter who you speak to first, Bardo Furfoot or Gandolar?

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 11:12:49 AM »
It doesn't matter who you speak to first.

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 09:05:59 AM »
Not a bug as such.

Journal entries need breaking up into Quest, Quest completed and INFO. For this I would get all the tras related to journals copied as a seperate block somewhere with new number entries and then reference them from their dialogs otherwise it's a pain to keep track of them.

Having got up to speed with the scripting side of things a bit more, adding spells should be done using ADD_SPELL.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31866/adding-custom-spells-to-clerics

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/46364-compatibility-between-new-weidu-functions-and-old-mods/

Unfortunately there are drawbacks. More work is needed as it can affect references.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=28948.0

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:19:57 PM by Red Carnelian »

Offline Red Carnelian

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • The Stone of Askavar
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 01:23:30 PM »
Jetlaya's joining dialog isn't right. For some reason two of the WEIGHTs have been commented out and one has been removed. The result is she starts talking to you as if she has already done so.

The SR maps for AR2400, AR5300 and AR5500 are missing making the transition between areas awkward. Rather than trying to fix the mapping issues with the existing code I suggest replacing it with code from the TUTU version.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:20:26 PM by Red Carnelian »

Offline hippofant

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 11:44:54 PM »
Gobspawn.baf and bbspawn.baf have a major problem of spawning infinite goblins and bugbears. There's nothing that prevents the script from looping, so a single goblin/bugbear will end up spawning a massive army of goblins/bugbears.

Sppr245.spl doesn't bypass magic resistance when it should.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:06:16 PM by hippofant »

Offline hippofant

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 02:10:01 AM »
Another bug: the Bandit Camp (AR1900) has several new creatures from the DSOTSC mod: Orc_El.cre, Brigand.cre, Bugbear_El.cre. Unfortunately, these creatures all default to hostile. This makes infiltrating the bandit camp impossible! As soon as Tazok leaves, you will stumble into a hostile Bugbear, and the entire camp goes hostile.

A quick fix I'm using is adding the following to bhostile.bcs:

IF
   Global("JoinedBandits","GLOBAL",1)
   Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,NEUTRAL)
      Continue()
END

But this is dependent on Taugos.dlg triggering properly to reset JoinedBandits back to 0 - I'm not sure how this works without SCS, which I have installed. Probably more elegant fixes available, such as creating separate bandits or just removing the DSotSC additions to AR1900 (since SCS already adds more bandits).

Edit: Another bug: The Dark One does not resurrect after the first time. This is because the script name for all the LichX.cre-s are LICH, so every time you kill The Dark One, SPRITE_IS_DEADLICH increments, but not SPRITE_IS_DEADLICH1 or SPRITE_IS_DEADLICH2 etc..

Also, all the phantoms just seem to chill after you "release" them. PHANTM.dlg tries to apply a null (0) spell on them.

Edit: Amulds04 is trying to apply poison to the entire party as soon as they pick up the item, because the effect is targeting "Preset Target" rather than "Self". It's also not equippable on some classes - I'm not sure if this is a bug, since it seems to be a trap item so why wouldn't Druids be able to equip it? Dunno. Same with Amulds01.

CúChoinneach is taking damage every time I load the game, because his weapon (Sw1hds02) is damaging him due to the 3 damage effects attached to the weapon with target "Self" rather than to the melee attack with "Preset Target".

Clairis does not seem to have a combat script after being turned hostile. (Might be an issue with other mods.) She just stands there and gets hit. But then you lose 1 reputation for doing so! Her cutscene (Claircut) also doesn't seem to do anything, other than just move the camera around a bit.

I also just murdered the shit out of Lord Daerthmac before he could run away the second time I saw him (in ARC009). I'm not sure how this encounter is supposed to go - is he supposed to summon some vampiric wolves, teleport, and then run away to a random (of 4) locations? Neither spell fired - NearInfinity can't find those spells in the game nor can Shadowkeeper - and he just stood there, trying to execute the rest of his combat script, getting down to Global("LordDaerthmac1","GLOBAL",4) before I cut him in half. I don't believe his death script executed either; no skeleton warrior was summoned, his corpse is still lying there, and no global variable VAMPIRDEAD was set.

Jet'laya's equipment should probably not be flagged unsellable; BGEE seems to treat such items as plot-critical, so the PC gets all her equipment when she leaves the party. Instead just set the sell cost to 0?

In ARR015, there is a MAGE05 item, which I believe is a broken, undroppable version of the Ring of Free Action. I think BDRING09 is the correct item to use instead.

Amulds08.itm is giving bonuses of 3 to THAC0 and DEX instead of 2 as per the description.

SCS-related bug: When put through SCS, some creatures end up invalid and I don't know why. Among them, the vampiresses, the skeleton knight, and the skeleton lord. They cause the game to crash when trying to load their zones, and NearInfinity won't open them at all. Had to manually copy the DSotSC CRE files into override and adjust their texts manually using NearInfinity.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:15:20 PM by hippofant »