In the past year or so, I made some updates to the mod.
Unfortunately, the weidu version has one major flaw. It used the beta version of my mod, which caused a crash when entering level 4 of Dragon's Eye. A faulty eldathyn cre caused the crash.
It also failed to include some of the more recent additions to the mod after it was fully released.
In the next few weeks I'll release an updated version of the mod. No weidu, but I'm also going to include the already released g3 mod regarding UB, so its dialog.tlk is compatible provided that my mod gets installed last.
As for updates as I made them, I focused mostly on items and spells.
One huge bug that I noticed were the weapons that supposedly granted bonus against certain creatures. In effect, those bonuses were missing. A lot of weapons, like Love of Black Bess, Pale Justice or Pig's Eye had no such bonuses. I changed them so that they actually benefit from them.
One weird item was Conlan's Hammer. According to its description it's supposed to grant +5 against Iron Golems, but it fact it's a +5 weapon against any enemy. It is impossible to create a bonus against just Iron Golems though, so I changed the description too, so that it grants +5 against all golems. Otherwise it's a +3 weapon.
And now for a list of fixes done or to be done in addition to the existing list.
- Overall fixes for all weapons that grant bonus against creatures, alignments and classes. The weapons affected are Bonecleaver, Axe of Caged Souls, Evil Spider Crusher of Doom, Guktok's Chopper, Misery's Herald, Selune's Promise, Giant Killer, Trollslayer, Alamion, Pig's Eye, Wind of Heaven, Hell's Bane, Conlan's Hammer, Pale Justice, Dead God's Dreaming, Kondar, Inconsequence and The Mace of Weal and Woe. The only weapons in the game that grants bonus are the Three White Doves and Giant's Sleep.
-Two Handed Sword +4: Life Giver was a very powerful weapon. A +4 weapon with healing chances when it hit the enemy and regeneration as well. Thus I wrote a description for it and renamed it Palaestra
This weapon was created by the dwarves of the clan Fireaxe for one of their long-standing friend the paladin Erwin Carmoth. Erwin used this swords for many years and when he retired in the town of Beregost he passed the weapon to his daughter, Elliana. Elliana made further enchantments to the weapon with the aid of a transmuter in Baldur's Gate. Particularly, the sword was enchanted using troll blood and unicorn powder to enhance regeneration and healing. It is said that the greatsword actually heals the wielder in combat.
Unfortunately, the weapon was stolen from the transmuter before Elliana had a chance to wield it. The traces of the thief were never found.
Damage: 1D10 +4
THAC0 +4 bonus
Damage type: Slashing
Increased Regeneration rate
5% chance to heal 1D20 hit points to self
Speed Factor: 9
Proficiency Type: Great Swords
Not Usable By:
- Ankheg Plate Armor and Beetle Shields are now usable by druids. Those are not metal so that's strictly within the rules.
- Mithral Plate Armor is back to being non-magical. It is also lighter than the more common Iron Plate. In the original IWD Mithral Plate Armor was one of the best armor to be had, as it was no magical so you could equip a ring of protection +2 with it. In HoW they made it magical so it's just as common as Iron Plate Armor, which grants the same AC 0, but while Iron plate weights 35, Mithral weights 70. I changed it so that Mithral is once again not magical and it weighs 30.
- Pestilent Dawn morningstar was supposed to grant immunity to disease. This has been fixed.
- Slightly altered the list of available items from Jester's Bag of Holding. Some more gems and common items can now be found. I also removed the duplicates.
- Three White Doves was not granting 5% chance of slaying outer planar creatures. This has been fixed.
- Symbol of Corellon Larethian now grants +2 THAC0 against orcs as it should from its description.
- Bardic Horn of Valhalla now summons beserkers with barbarian animations, like it does in IWD2.
- Arrows of Slaying was available to buy in Lonelywood, but it was bugged. It crashed the game when used. That's because the weapon is designed to kill Ogre Mages, but Ogre Mages do not exist in IWD1. I fixed it so that it slays Ogres.
- Infravision moved to level 3 as it is in PnP.
- Added 2 additional spells to mage arsenal. Protection from Evil 10' Radius at level 4 (PnP means level 3, but I would also need to edit the priest spell for level 3 and it would make the game easier) and Meteor Swarm at level 9. More spells might be added. It's easier to simply import them from BG2, although the bams from that game are not in par with how good they look in IWD1.
Class and races fixes:
- Fixed bard spell levels to be in par with PnP. They are no longer able to cast spells above level 6. Considering that IWD1 sets spells to be cast at caster level and a bard levels up faster than a mage at high levels bard are over-powerful compared to mages.
- Fixed pickpocket bonuses for bards. PnP rules state that pickpocket bonus increase with 5% each level. However in IWD1 a Bard starts with 35%. Add to that 15% from Half-elf racial bonus and you could get a 50% chances right from the start. As such, pickpocket is extremely easy. Now the skill starts at 16%.
- Halflings no longer get -1 Wis. Only -1 Str.
- Overall fixes of certain enemies. Shadowed enemies in the Hand are undead, which can be turned, but they are also racially, eleves, orcs, goblins etc, so they are not spectral undead.
- Some of the Trial of the Luremaster creatures had no races assigned. This has been fixed.
- Unique items. Removed a lot of the duplicate items found on various creatures. It is no longer possible to gather 10 Rings of Free Action.
- More stealable items on various creatures. Nothing overpowered.
- Changed Frostbite into a larger Wyvern, as it is their leader in Wyrm's Glacier. Wyverns also drop heads when they die.
- Adinirahc is mentioned in Note to Krilag as being the leader of the drow mercenaries in Upper Dorn's Deep. However he's not there. I added him. He's somewhat powerful.
To be added:
- More descriptions for various weapons that I think they deserve a unique status.
- New items, mainly the items that you can find described in Easthaven in Tempus Temple. My idea is to create those weapons, but they will be available after you defeat Pomab, as that pesky guy stole those items from the museum. Thus they are not available from the start of the game, but they can be used in HoW and maybe in Heart of Fury mode.
- New spells, imported most likely from BG2 and maybe IWD2 (if at all possible).
- Far less empty chests. I aim to add items and miscellaneous stuff in now empty places, such as chests, cupboards and so on. I found a lot of items that are also orphaned having been absent in the game.