Author Topic: When does Yoshimo return? [spoilers]  (Read 4666 times)

Offline Galraen

• View Profile
When does Yoshimo return? [spoilers]
« on: May 24, 2013, 03:48:13 AM »
So I got to ToB, done the first test and still no sign of Yoshi.

RomanceActive is at 2

Met him again in th Abys at the end of SoA where I was  forced to kill him again ther apparently being no dialogue option to avoid this.

So when do you get him back?

If you can't get him back, then the ToB content claim really was seriously misleading. It also would make the mod a complete waste of time!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:53:41 AM by Lava Del'Vortel »

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: When does Yoshimo return?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 06:53:19 AM »
There is no chance to get him back and join the character -- I never stated that the mod can bring him back and I wrote a couple of times that I never had a single intention of changing his fate in terms of the geas and his death (I also wrote: "Note that this romance is written as an extension of his original plot, so his fate is somehow written...but even a condamned soul shall be remembered.").

But it doesn't mean there is no ToB portion - however, it would be a good idea to have Imoen in party, even without her some content should appear. You will experience some additional material that would never appear if the romance wasn't succesful. If you expected something else -- sorry. It is an "extensding" mod, not an altering one.

Cheers!

Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:
Colours of Infinity: TotDG, Innershade, TWQ, ISNF, Yvette, Foundling
Quests: Eilistraee's Song
NPCs and related: Varshoon | Aeon | Petsy | Tsuki BG2 | Yoshimo Romance | La'Valygar | Quayle BG2 | Swylif | Skie BG2 | White | GaheshLa'Viconia
In-progress projects: Sarine (contribution) | The Purple Splinter | Foundling
Contribution: Ilmatar's Portrait Pack | PaintBG | InfinityKits | Sarevok Friendship

Offline Galraen

• View Profile
Re: When does Yoshimo return? [spoilers]
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 09:03:57 AM »
Well thanks for trying, but I really don't understand why you did, frankly this mod adds nothing to the game but frustration. It simply didn't occur to me that anyone would spend the amount of time and effort I know you must have put in to effectively change nothing. I really can't understand the logic, sorry.

Offline Galraen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »
I've been trying to think why there's such a difference of opinion on how the mod eveloped. I think it is at lest in part because you don't understand how Geas works in 2nd Edition.

1. It can only succeed if the 'victim' is willing. fine, initially Yoshi is willing,

2. It ends at death, so if the body (not the heart, that's a red herring) can be recovered and resurrected, no more geas.

3. The vampire beaming in snatching the heart and beaming out was really lame, even if that was all that was necessary to revent reurrection.

4. Even if one accepts the death and inability to resurrect that doesn't excuse the nonsense in the Abyss. By the time You meet Yoshi in the Abyss the geas is well and truly broken. At that point if he truly loved the PC then they could have come to the same arrangement as the PC and Sarevok.

5. Tehe real issue though is the romance part. To me romance implies a two way process, i.e. both the people involved love each other. The way the mod developed can only mean Yoshi never loved the PC. Either that or he was a rank coward. Who but a coward would act the way he did if he loved her? If you loved someone would you lay down your life for her/him? In real life of course it's a trick question, until confronted with the real choice we can only hope we would; but in a fantasy?

The bottom line is that it's your mod so, so you are by default in the right, and I can only protest. Had I not been mislead by the promise of ToB content, which implies Yoshi would be available in ToB then I may well feel differently.

I wrote a couple of times that I never had a single intention of changing his fate

Where? I can not find that anywhere in the readme.

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »
Well, a pity you think so, but you have a right to dislike/like things. Not every mod is for every player. I myself love sad stories and tones and that's why I wrote this romance. Yoshimo is my favorite character because he has a story that makes him different and puts him in a difficult situation. I believe bringing him back would just make this NPC poor and usual. His death wouldn't matter at all, actually. I wanted to write an extension of the character, not a new person with a new fate.

And I know there are people who just agree with me, as I got some nice feedback. I know this mod isn't perfect but I never intended to make it as any other romance mod. The mod is for gamers like the one here:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7638132/1/Pain_of_a_Geas

Everyone has some kind of expectations which in many situation clashes with the content. It seems you were surprised because of the story, I understand that, but I have no influence on what people expect from mods. I never wrote that Yoshimo will be back in ToB -- that was nothing more but your expectation, I'm afraid. As for the note on me being against chaning his fate -- notes are at SHS, G3, PPG, P&T... I thought it was somewhere here, too, to be honest, but can't find it now. Nevertheless, again -- ToB content doesn't mean joinable character. That's your expectation, nothing I wrote.

The heart thing was in the game already -- it was to give Yoshimo redemption but he never stood a chance to pay for what he has done.
"The heart of Yoshimo is to be taken to a priest of Ilmater to remove the geas and grant the thief peace in death." -> that's the original description of the heart. And even if BioWare crew made some mistakes, I followed their content, as I said.

And he loved CHARNAME, that's why he tried to push her back in one of the last talks before journey to Spellhold. He know what would happen and that he can do nothing more but make it less painful. And yes -- he was willing to work for Jon, because that was before he actually knew the real plan and before he met the Bhaalspawn. Later--it was too late to turn back. + no one said that he isn't a coward, after all. He could have killed himself, but he would rather die in battle, without losing everything that was left from his honour.

It's a bit sad that you believe the mod is more than disappointing, but I'm happy with the story and I'm not going to change it. I put a lot of time and effort, so did my proofreaders and testers.

I hope you will find another mod that can match your expectations. Since you're in ToB already, I would recommend Aeryn's Sarevok Romance.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:17:11 AM by Lava Del'Vortel »
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:
NPCs and related: Varshoon | Aeon | Petsy | Tsuki BG2 | Yoshimo Romance | La'Valygar | Quayle BG2 | Swylif | Skie BG2 | White | GaheshLa'Viconia
Contribution: Ilmatar's Portrait Pack | PaintBG | InfinityKits | Sarevok Friendship

Offline Galraen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »
Yep, agree to disagree. :) As i said, I appreciate the effort I knew you had to have put in, c'est la vie.

Sadly I won't be trying the Sarevok romance,

1) I disapprove of incest :D (No, I never played the Imoen romance either)

2) Forgive and forget isn't my style, whether my character is good, neutral or, especially, evil.

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 10:35:19 AM »
Well, you my try and check the rest of Yoshimo content :P ToB isn't that long + apart from from dreams, an encounter and epilogue ( + optional talks with Imoen) you may get a chance and talk to Yoshimo just before the end of the ToB (after all PP tests try using Fate Spirit).
The dreams should appear in the Pocket Plane (click to rest) and then another one after 2 days, again, after clicking to rest.
There is a small thing for false Gorion and an encounter in Amkethran (but sometimes it does not fire... strange... -- the guy you are to meet is somewhere near the roofs)

However, I understand if you don't want to continue. In this situation -- just have fun with some othe additions. Not sure if there are other ToB only romances, but really -- Sarevok is nice and there is an explanation that there do not share the same genes. And...I'm not a fan of Imoen Romance myself, so...

Cheers!

EDIT: I posted an additional note to make sure no more issues like this one occur :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:19:26 AM by Lava Del'Vortel »
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects: