Author Topic: BG1 Bugfixes and Online Walkthrough  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Wistrik

• Level 1
    • View Profile
BG1 Bugfixes and Online Walkthrough
« on: April 17, 2005, 07:47:46 PM »
I've no idea who may already know of this site, but Dudleyville has a massive list of BG1 bugs and fixpacks to deal with them, along with a nicely formatted online walkthrough that misses no details. There is also a nice spell comparison and breakdown that works for both BG1 and BG2, for those who still wonder how best to counter that enemy mage's defenses and bring him to his knees, using arcane magic.

Just felt like passing this along in case anyone's not seen the site yet. Among other things, I found out there's a Ring of Wizardry hidden in the foliage around the Friendly Arm Inn. Doh. (I don't use TuTu. It's got bugs and I don't want to sacrifice the drive space for it. Besides, I like the look and feel of BG1's engine; it fits the game world of BG1 nicely, IMO.)

Have fun. :-)

Offline Slumlord

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slumlord523
    • View Profile
Re: BG1 Bugfixes and Online Walkthrough
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 08:08:59 PM »
Quote from: "Wistrik"
Just felt like passing this along in case anyone's not seen the site yet. Among other things, I found out there's a Ring of Wizardry hidden in the foliage around the Friendly Arm Inn. Doh. (I don't use TuTu. It's got bugs and I don't want to sacrifice the drive space for it. Besides, I like the look and feel of BG1's engine; it fits the game world of BG1 nicely, IMO.)

Have fun. :-)

I agree with you there, I like BG1 just the way it is.  Seems to fit the game better.
Merry Christmas an' Happy New Year to ya!

Offline SimDing0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 03:56:10 AM »
I'm curious. Can you define anything particular that gives BG1 a better feel than BG2? We've already implemented optionally reduced walking speeds for Tutu, which goes a long way towards an authentic BG1 feel in my eyes.

Offline Slumlord

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slumlord523
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 04:39:40 PM »
Well, for me two things were that is the overall smoothness of how BG1 runs no matter what options you select and weapons don't switch hands when moving left or right.  That and plain nostalgia.
Merry Christmas an' Happy New Year to ya!

Offline Qualidor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 05:16:15 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up, Wistrik! :thumbsup:

Offline Wistrik

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 05:17:06 PM »
It's mostly nostalgia with me, though performance issues with BG2 also bias me toward the original engine for BG1. I also prefer BG1's implementation of Charm and similar spells.

I like the idea behind TuTu, but don't trust it completely. Maybe when I get a chance to upgrade my system and have hard drive space to waste, I'll give it a try.

Offline Azazello

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 09:56:15 PM »
Give it up, SimDing0. Some people have to learn the hard way. Check my signature.
Some will learn through pain and sorrow, others through laughter and joy, so it is written.

|> {a directory of Mega-Installation Guides} <|

Joined: 14 Mar 2003 (chosenofmystra.db-forge.com/mystra_forum/)