Author Topic: What exactly is POrest2.bcs  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Alastor

• View Profile
    • Email
What exactly is POrest2.bcs
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:10:55 AM »
Out of curiosity, what exactly does the POrest2.bcs in MISC folder of this mod do?

Because it's causing error for several bug fixing/correction mods I'm trying to install after BG1 NPCs.

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What exactly is POrest2.bcs
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
 POrest2.bcs is a left over script from a spell relic by Potencius, Mass Pickpocket, that is supposed to make the illusions the victim see vanish after a certain amount of time. The problem is that the script is faulty and makes the crash. Without it though, the victim will be trapped in the illusions forever, including all visual effects and to will continue to pickpocket them so long as you are in the area. I need to edit POrest2.bcs and indeed test to see if Set AI Script [82] on the DLTCEP does not have any lasting harmful affects on a character.

For you, it is just developer's junk and if the file is causing you problems, I would suggest deleting it from your override folder. The spell is not working properly as of now as is not being sold in any stores in the mod, so you won't be missing out on anything or causing any problems. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  ;D