Author Topic: NPC Content  (Read 5764 times)

Offline Crazee

• Deadly Incomprehensible
  • Auspicious Delicious!
    • View Profile
NPC Content
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:59 AM »
Hey Smiling Imp, I'm finally getting around to playing this mod (ohh, only a year or so late), and I was just wondering, how much does the content of each NPC differ? I don't want to waste my time dragging Kivan or Xan around if they're content-lite. Do all the characters have at least Bioware-level content? And are there any combinations you'd suggest, Bioware-Mod characters or Mod-Mod characters?

Realistically, I'm only going to be able to play once (wish I had enough to play multiple times, with different party combinations :( ), so I might try and attempt a Dragon Age-esque campsite type thing, where I just pick and choose from all the characters, each major mission.

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NPC Content
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »
Hey Crazee, thanks for giving it a try.

Yes, the level of content between the characters varies. The NPCs that already had an established MOD (i.e. Kivan, Ajantis & Xan) are definitely less developed, so if you are looking for more in depth versions of them I recommend you use jastey's, Kuylok's and Domi's versions.

As for the rest, I want to say they all have at the least 3 banters with the bioware NPCs and some have many more. The NPCs from the different components also talk to one another. I tried to give at least one quest/encounter for each character. It is also important to note that the first component in the SoA portion, the one that adds Shar-Teel, Branwen, Garrick, Yeslick, Skie & Eldoth, also add the Water Gardens to Athkatla, which is a new mini-city area.

Hope you enjoy!  :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:04:52 PM by Smiling Imp »

Offline Crazee

• Deadly Incomprehensible
  • Auspicious Delicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:35:35 PM »
Thanks for your help :) I'm having a blast so far. I've noticed a few typos, so I'll make sure to make a note as I go along, if I can!

I told Branwen I didn't need her help, and she said she was going to go somewhere with books, if I needed her (I think?). Where exactly do I find her? And Kivan too, for that matter.

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:40:15 PM »
Branwen will be inside the study room inside the first temple in the Temple District, which is the Temple of Helm, I believe. Kivan will be in at the Windspear Hills, near the Temple entrance.

Offline Ravencrest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 05:55:39 AM »
Will there be Romances too ?

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »
Will there be Romances too ?

I only have the Montaron Romance which is going to be more like a duergar romance in that it is darker and abusive. Uncle Monty is not the sort of lad you want to settle down if you are looking for roses, children and the white picket fence.

I was planning on writing some more romances for some of the more bizzare NPCs but those have been put on hold until I sort out a few things in RL. Right now, mostly just bug fixing and writing a few banters here and there for the DsoTSC NPCs when I get a chance.

Thanks for your help :) I'm having a blast so far. I've noticed a few typos, so I'll make sure to make a note as I go along, if I can!

Any feedback, grammar or spelling correction are greatly appreciated and are best placed here..

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=7693.0

Thanks Crazee  :)