Author Topic: Ask Madano  (Read 35841 times)

Offline Fantasy

• Level 2
    • ICQ Messenger - 199348340
    • View Profile
    • barbie gateste
Ask Madano
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2005, 03:13:07 PM »
Quote from: "Neferit"
Have you ever tried to write the jokes you remember?

No, I have never really bothered with that. There are usually more important things to write down, and I am not a bard who needs to remember such things. Of course it would be nice if I could recall them when asked for a joke, but writing them down feels like a waste of the paper.
I am.

Perhaps I should not, but that is not for you to decide.

"And yet I walk and talk, even smile..." - Lle caela diolooamin.

Everything and nothing... I wish it wasn't so true.

Narbondel Reborn

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
Ask Madano
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2005, 11:04:58 AM »
It seems that I haven't asked Madano a single question :shock: An ask thread without me? Need to repair that :D
Do you have a nickname?
Do you have any hobbies?
How fast can you run/swim?
If you were granted one wish what would it be?
What makes you happy ?
And sad ?
Do you believe in destiny?
Do you believe in love at first sight?
Do you have nightmares, if yes than what they are about?
Are you afraid of anything?
What is your greatest achivement?
and failure?
Can you cook?
You have one day of your life left. How would you spend it?
What completely turns you off?
Ever had desire for revenge?
Favourite spell?
Do you have sence of humour?
Would you like to become a mercenary?
Have you ever met a Mary Sue?
What do friends mean to you?
What does the word "trust" meen to you?
How would you feel if you were magicaly transformed into a drow?
Would you like to know your future?
How would you describe yourself?
Do you believe in life after death?
Have you ever died?
Do you express your pain or do you bury it?
What is your oppinion about slavery?
Have you ever been seriously injured?
Do you have any tatoos? If yes than what are they like and where?
Ever had funny wild magic burst?
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies

Offline Fantasy

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • barbie gateste
Ask Madano
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2005, 02:01:53 PM »
*Fantasy groans when she sees his post*

I suppose it was only a matter of time huh? Oh well, let’s get on with the show. :-D

Do you have a nickname?

Not that I am aware of.

Do you have any hobbies?

You mean between walking the whole day to complete some sort of quest, studying new and old spells, having regular meals, keeping an eye on Nebbin, trying to get a good night of rest and generally trying to stay alive? I suppose one could say my hobbies are reading about old cultures, studying forgotten dialects and learning more about the subjects that interest me.

How fast can you run/swim?

I am a mage, not an athlete. I have no interest in running around, nor is that very easy in these robes. As for swimming... I can swim, and that is more than enough for me.

If you were granted one wish what would it be?

*Madano remains silent for a while, before slightly shrugging his shoulders*

To be able to research my magic with the help of a true master in my speciality, without fear or disturbance.

What makes you happy?

Releasing hidden powers in the way I desire.

And sad?

*Madano smiles amused*

Realising none of my companions like wine.

Do you believe in destiny?

As in some people having a destiny that cannot be changed? No, not really. I believe it is always possible to make some changes, but I also believe that the Gods are quite capable of making sure they get what they want. So if one of the Deities is involved in such a destiny... it might be difficult to convince a God that things should be different, and that you do not wish to meet your destiny in such a way.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Yes and no. Yes I believe that one can become very intrigued and entranced by someone just by looking at that person. But true love? Right away? It sounds nice in the tales of bards, but unless large amounts of alcohol are involved I am rather sceptical about the truth of such claims.  

Do you have nightmares, if yes than what they are about?

Nightmares are a way to deal with things that have happened, or with fears for the future. I have yet to meet a sane person who has never had a nightmare, and I am no exception to this. I do not fear the future, so it makes sense to assume that my nightmares involve the past. How about yourself? Do you have nightmares?

Are you afraid of anything?

The sudden appearance of a demon always startles me, especially when it is the unintended result of one of my spells. Other then that I do not really like spiders, they have too many legs and are too keen on moving around.  

What is your greatest achivement?

Undoing everything I had done to a certain sword and changing it in such a harmonious and strong way that no one will ever be able to undermine it again.

and failure?

I do not wish to discuss that.

Can you cook?

A bit. I prefer to eat things that do not require cooking during breakfast and lunch. And when I wish to eat meat I make sure I am around someone who is capable of preparing it, or that I can buy it at an inn or from the locals.

You have one day of your life left. How would you spend it?

*Madano stares at you for a moment, before looking to where the invisible Nebbin is sitting.*

I suppose I would spend it with Nebbin, to make sure she...

*He shakes his head and looks back at you*

I hope that day will never come, at least not as long as she is still alive. And if she is not, well then that day will come a lot sooner.

What completely turns you off?

People who constantly wish to prove they are better than me.

Ever had desire for revenge?

Yes, I still do.

Favourite spell?

Well, if you are strictly looking at the spells then Nahal’s Reckless Dweomer is the first to come to my mind.

Do you have sense of humour?

Yes I do, although apparently not always the same as others.

Would you like to become a mercenary?

I do not mind joining some mercenaries for a while, but I am not really interested in such things.

Have you ever met a Mary Sue?

No, I have met some persons called Mary, but I do not know anyone with the name Sue.

What do friends mean to you?

Friends... friends stand by you and can be trusted. It is remarkable how many claim to be a friend, while at the same time they judge you and are not willing to earn your trust. If both are aware of this then it does not cause an unpleasant situation. But sometimes they genuine believe they are true friends, and that can be a serious problem.

What does the word "trust" meen to you?

True trust means that you can depend on the other to not let you down. In battle it means the other will protect and help you. In relations it means you can tell important things, without being judged and betrayed. In stores it means you can trust the storekeeper to not charge you an outrageous amount, or to sell you corrupted goods. Trust means so many things in different situations, yet it all comes down to believing in the good will of the other.

How would you feel if you were magicaly transformed into a drow?

A drow? Hm, I wonder if I would be able to learn their language then? It is quite difficult to find teachers and basic books for that language, which is of course somewhat understandable seeing as how they are known for their evilness.

Which reminds me that getting transformed into a drow might be quite dangerous. Most people would surely try to attack any drow they see, if they feel confident enough of course. And it would be quite difficult to have normal conversations with anyone if they are constantly thinking of ways to attack you, or if they assume you are the epitome of evil and can therefore only have evil intentions. So although it might be interesting, I would try to undo it as quickly as possible in most situations.

Would you like to know your future?

I already do. At some point Nebbin and I will die, and the world will go on like it has for countless of generations. I have no interest in knowing when this will be, or how we will die.

How would you describe yourself?

You want me to describe myself? Very well then, curious one, I am a young but experienced wild mage, who spends most of his time travelling over almost forgotten roads to fulfil some sort of quest in the company of almost civil adventurers or others. I am of average height, have dark brown hair, brown eyes and a rather playful familiar. I am quiet when I am thinking or do not like the company, and have a sense of humour that is not always understood. I am loyal to true friends, but not to causes. Apart from that I prefer wine over ale and an inn over camping. Anything else you wish to know?

*Madano smiles amused and takes another sip of his wine*

Do you believe in life after death?

Of course.

Have you ever died?

No, and I will try to avoid it for as long as I can.

Do you express your pain or do you bury it?

If I am in physical pain I tend to let others know, if only because I cannot withstand pain very long.

What is your opinion about slavery?

What about it? Most slaves tend to be criminals and it is commonly accepted in many places. I do not agree with children becoming slaves, one should always try to find a different solution in situations like that.

Have you ever been seriously injured?

Yes, but they always made sure I was healed afterwards. And often I could have expected it to happen, but that does not make it any easier.

Do you have any tatoos? If yes than what are they like and where?

Tatoos? I do not know much about it, but based on what I have heard I can safely say I do not have them.  

Ever had funny wild magic burst?

Several times yes. I still remember the expressions of the guards after one of my spells had changed quite drastically, that was really an amusing sight.

Fantasy: There, all done. :D You sure know how to keep a girl busy. I don’t mind though, it was nice to answer the questions and to think of what he would say. :-D
I am.

Narbondel Reborn

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Ask Madano
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2005, 02:29:39 PM »
Quote from: "Fantasy"
*Fantasy groans when she sees his post*

I suppose it was only a matter of time huh? Oh well, let’s get on with the show. :-D

It's 18.11, the thread started 17.05, I registered 2 days later. So long it took me to ask Madano :p

Fantasy: There, all done. :D You sure know how to keep a girl busy. I don’t mind though, it was nice to answer the questions and to think of what he would say. :-D

:D I still have tons of questions I can ask But maybe later (need to browse other ask threads first)
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

Offline Fantasy

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • barbie gateste
Ask Madano
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2005, 02:54:42 PM »
Quote from: "Undertaker"
It's 18.11, the thread started 17.05, I registered 2 days later. So long it took me to ask Madano :p

Heh, well the good thing is that I was actually prepared when I saw that you had posted in it. :D You’re building a reputation among those with ask topics after all. ;-) :D

:D I still have tons of questions I can ask But maybe later (need to browse other ask threads first)

Heh, you do that. Gives me time to recover. ;-)
I am.

Narbondel Reborn

Offline Xenshail

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Ask Madano
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2005, 09:00:04 PM »
If I ever make a mod I will restrict it to five questions per person until I answer them.
Many Many pretties... piled high beyond the sky. (Sigh)

You! Do I know you? No, I don't know anyone! Back! Bad Dog! Play Dead!

Ooh this face is boring, now I'm...

Shut up! No more questions! Make an appointment! The Coordinater speaks to no one! No one... speaks the Coordinator...

When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like.

Never alone, even when alone. You just cannot see!

You go do that, and try to relax. The warden will be by soon enough. Then cookies.

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Ask Madano
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2005, 09:14:43 PM »
Quote from: "Xenshail"
If I ever make a mod I will restrict it to five questions per person until I answer them.

I'm patient at asking question. You will answer them sooner or later :evil:
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

Offline Revan's Shadow

• Level 1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - shadow_of_revan
    • View Profile
    • http://lightanddark.myforum.ro
Ask Madano
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2005, 04:38:04 PM »
Good day, sir Madano. *bows*
I have some questions, if you don't mind:
Have you ever been in love?
Have you ever been betrayed?
What would you say if you would see a man/woman with great power (the force) and a flashing saber (lightsaber, as it is called)?
What weapons do you posess?
If you would be on a mission, and there are some casualties by mistake, and people would acuse you of them, would you accept a punishment, although it was partially your fault?
What was the strongest spell you ever used?
Do you enjoy music?
For how long do you have Nebbin?
What colour is she?
Do you enjoy your journeys?

Thank you for now, sir Madano.
(Psssst! Fantasy, sorry if you have some troubles with the answering :evil: , but I'm kinda new here, and I want to learn these things about sir Madano. At least I'm not like Undertaker here  :evil:  :p. Good luck on the mod! Cheers!)
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
 Helping my master in achieving world dominance

Tsubasa wa yume, soshite sora!

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
Ask Madano
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2005, 09:22:55 PM »
Quote from: "Revan's Shadow"
At least I'm not like Undertaker here  :evil:  :p.

That's true, you're not like me. Firts of all you are a female :P
Evil hidden everywhere
Is where the answer lies
Evil never dies

Offline Revan's Shadow

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Ask Madano
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2005, 04:32:26 AM »
Quote from: "Undertaker"
At least I'm not like Undertaker here  :evil:  :p.

That's true, you're not like me. Firts of all you are a female :P

And you're more 'experienced', so to speak. (and no, i'm not saying you're old :evil:) I mean in 'foruming' :D
I'm only a meatbag, as HK would put it. :D

And I don't think that genre has something to do with this :p
And if I was male? What then? :evil:

(Trying to obey the masters :D :evil:)
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Offline Fantasy

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • barbie gateste
Ask Madano
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2005, 06:00:15 AM »
Good day, sir Madano. *bows*
I have some questions, if you don't mind:

Good day to you too. And no, I do not mind answering questions, so ask away. *Madano smiles friendly.*

Have you ever been in love?

Yes, once. I fell in love with Marina, who in return loved me too.

Have you ever been betrayed?

Not really. The betrayal is mostly on my part. *A flash of sadness can be seen in his eyes, but then it’s suppressed again and his normal expression returns.*

What would you say if you would see a man/woman with great power (the force) and a flashing saber (lightsaber, as it is called)?

Hm, well if the person does not appear to be hostile or in a bad mood, then I would probably ask if I could take a look at the saber. But if that could create problems, then I would stay quiet and observe from a distance.

What weapons do you posess?

The only weapon that I always take with me is Moonlight. *He gestures to a simple looking staff.* Other then that I often take along a sling, and I tend to create a dagger from time to time.

If you would be on a mission, and there are some casualties by mistake, and people would acuse you of them, would you accept a punishment, although it was partially your fault?

That depends on if I have a choice. If I have, then no. I will not be held responsible for something that is not my fault. And in this case I would only accept responsibility if those who are also to blame are also held responsible. Of course that still does not mean I would accept the punishment, for that depends on what kind of punishment we are talking about.

What was the strongest spell you ever used?

The prismatic spray. I had not mastered the spell yet, but sometimes that does not matter.

Do you enjoy music?

Yes, mostly the simple songs and music that one can find in villages or inns. It reminds me of happy times.

For how long do you have Nebbin?

For quite some time now. I summoned her when I was almost 14, which is a custom where I grew up.

What colour is she?

She is green. Although sometimes you would say she is brown, especially when she has been trying to dig something up.

Do you enjoy your journeys?

I enjoy Nebbin’s company and the freedom to go where I wish to go. But I am particularly fond of sleeping outdoors or finding your way through the wilderness.

Thank you for now, sir Madano.

You are welcome.

(Psssst! Fantasy, sorry if you have some troubles with the answering :evil: , but I'm kinda new here, and I want to learn these things about sir Madano. At least I'm not like Undertaker here  :evil:  :p. Good luck on the mod! Cheers!)

Heh, don’t worry about it. :-D I like answering questions for him and it sometimes gives me new ideas for a conversation or interjection. ;-) And thanks for your support. :D

Heh, HK will never stop calling us meatbags, unless you’re Revan of course, then he just thinks it. ;-)
I am.

Narbondel Reborn

Offline Revan's Shadow

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Ask Madano
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2005, 06:30:49 AM »
Quote from: "Fantasy"

Heh, HK will never stop calling us meatbags, unless you’re Revan of course, then he just thinks it. ;-)

Well, when i bought him, he did call me a meatbag (in the game, of course :D)
(I wonder where i put that pacifist program for HK. :twisted: *thinks for a while* Damn, I don't remember)

Cheers! :D
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )