Author Topic: Are these glitches? (Possible Spoils)  (Read 3417 times)

Saurstalk

Are these glitches? (Possible Spoils)
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:02:12 AM »
5/5/01 6:24:20 pm

I'm playing through DSOTSC and noticed a few likely bugs. If they are, I'd like suggestions. If they aren't and I simply need to play a little further into the game, I'd still like suggestions.

First, just to let you know where I am in the game: I defeated the Forest Dragon and made a pit stop in Nashkel while on my way back to Beregost. So, with that in mind, here are the issues:

1. I killed the Banshee and when I went to revisit the fighting Phantoms in the area map directly south, nothing happened. Can I stop them from fighting?

2. After killing the Forest Dragon, there was no relic left behind after it exploded. (The priest had sent me to kill the beast and retrieve the relic.)

3. I talked with Gilian and the only lead I got was to look for Clarice (name?), but Gilian had no idea where she lived. I've been in all the houses, as well as upstairs in the mansion. I can't find Clarice.

4. When I went to the inn to rest, I was approached by a child to meet a person inside the inn who wanted to speak with me. I went inside and there's no one there. ??

5. Not a bug Q, but are any DSOTSC NPCs crucial to complete the game? Or can I use all my own and Bioware's NPCs?

Offline Grog

• The Absentminded Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Auril's Bane
Re: Are these glitches? (Possible Spoils)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »
5/5/01 7:17:32 pm

1) There is one particular phantom you must talk to, to innatiate the quest. It's pretty easy to knock him off, with stray fire or a Turn Undead

2) The relic is in the "treasure trove" of the dragon's, it's not actually on the dragon =)

3) (not 100%) You need to find Clarice, but you 'find' her later on, and learn something more about her. I believe the mayor's wife gives you some clues

4) If you're talking about the Nashkel Inn, Concobhair is in the very back of the hallway.

5) Nope, you just need to borrow Jet and CuCh for a while for thier quest =)

Hope this helps,
Grog
"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward."  - Victor Kiam

TheGnome

Re: Are these glitches? SPOILERS, that's for sure!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:31 PM »
5/5/01 7:22:57 pm

Ok, I'll try to answer your Q...

1. The phantoms can be stopped, one of them should come and talk to you, beginning a small side quest right where they are !
2. Have you tried to enter the dragon's hiding place ? Just on the left of where it is at first...
3. Clarice will not be found that way... Go up to the bridge (north of the Nashkel map), you'll meet a young lady who'll ask you to retrieve her necklace she lost on her way here from Beregost. You should try the area just north...
4. The child was to tell you to go and meet someone who'd give you a specific direction on where to find that dragon...
5. As far as I know, there are only 2 new NPC who are needed to have the new quests : Jet'Laya and CuChoinneac'H.

Hope that helps...

Offline Grog

• Administrator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »
5/5/01 7:29:16 pm

ah, yes Mr. Gnome you are right about Clarice.

Sorry 'bout that

Cheers,
Grog

TheGnome

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »
5/5/01 7:38:30 pm

No real prob', Grog, I saw we posted the answer at approx. the same time, which can be seen as a "cooperative process", a term very handy those days don't ya think ?

LOL

Offline Grog

• Administrator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:34 PM »
5/5/01 8:06:42 pm

LOL!!

Too bad there won't be an Gnomes in PoR2 =/

TheGnome

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »
5/5/01 8:33:05 pm

Hmmppff, they don't know what they're missin' !!!!

;)