Author Topic: Madano - FAQ  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Fantasy

• Level 2
    • ICQ Messenger - 199348340
    • View Profile
    • barbie gateste
Madano - FAQ
« on: May 17, 2005, 05:58:11 AM »
Is this a WeiDu mod?
It will be when I'm done.

When will you be done?
As soon as I'm done. :P But not anywhere in the near future, I only have a limited amount of free time after all. ;-)

What is this all about anyway?
Oh, just the usual. Love, friendship, trust, respect, character development, magic, intrigue, secrets, betrayal, loyalty, anger, growth, happiness, laughter and of course saving the world from a crazy ex-Elf... ;-)

Didn't this use to be about one NPC?
True, but now it's about two. Madano will still be the main focus of this mod, but that doesn't mean that Arvan will be underdeveloped. :-D

So you have to take both along?
No. Having Madano along without Arvan is quite possible, but Arvan won't join your party if Madano isn't present as well (nor will he stay for that matter).

Why did you decide to add him as well?
Well... he didn't really give me that much choice... he just kinda, well, wrote himself into the mod. :roll: And no, I'm not crazy and I'm well aware that he's the result of my fantasy and not a living being. :p

Hm, does that mean this is going to happen again?
NOOOOOO!

*ahem*

I'm going to make sure no one else manages to do that, even if that means I'll have to delete them completely. :evil: Of course thatís easy to say, seeing as how the rest is less alive than those two. :nod: And I donít regret him becoming part of this, if I would I would have resisted it longer. :p

Right... so there's a romance?
Yes, Madano will romance females of every alignment and almost every race.

Who can't romance him then?
He won't be interested in Half-Orc's. Further more Elves, Halflings, Gnomes and Dwarves will need to have a charisma of at least 12.

Why are humans and half-elves excluded of his?
Because he's a human, and because he looks at half-elves as humans with Elven features.

That is a silly reason.
Don't tell me this, tell him. :P

Is there a friendship path for males?
Madano will have a friendship path for males and females, although it will not be possible to switch from a serious romance to the friendship path. There will also be an enemy path available to everyone.

What does that mean?
Well, instead of becoming friends you can become his enemy. But he won't leave or attack you straight away, not until he found what he's looking for. But after that... ;-)

What about Arvan?
Right now I don't think he'll have a friendship path with others, although there will probably be something similar in the form of a conspiracy/cooperation path... and before you ask I'm not going to give away more info about that just yet, I need to think things through first. :-)  

You said something about changing Madano?
Yes, if you romance him then you'll be able to change him to NE or CG. And no, this won't be easy, or very hard. It's just a matter of acting the right way at the right moments.

Does that mean he's going to bother me about his past?
Well if you find that a bother: then no. But if you like to learn more about his past, then that's possible. I believe in the freedom of choice so the decision is up to you.

You mentioned weapon magic?
Yes, it's an important part of who Madano is and what he has been through. You'll learn more about this through some conversations, if you're interested in that of course. You can also skip those and just accept it as part of who he is. :-)

You said he has a familiar, but isn't the PC the only one who can have familiars?
True, but Nebbin isn't a real familiar according to the game. She doesn't have special abilities that the player (or Madano) can use, nor is it possible to let her fly around. She's just as real as Boo though. ;-)

If he's a wild mage, then why does he hold a sword in the portrait?
That will be explained in the mod. Even more it's...

*gets a distant expression*

Hm, intriguing idea... yes, I think I'll do that.

*realises she's not alone*

As I said: it will be explained in the mod. And thank you for giving me another idea. :D

Eh, thanks. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Well the best way you can help me is by keeping an eye on this forum. I'll probably ask for suggestions and opinions regularly, and will appreciate any input you can give me. :-)

Isn't this a bit much for your first mod?
Yes, I'm crazy and a perfectionist. :P But I love to write and know I can do this. Besides, I found a very nice community of people who are willing to help me with problems that might occur. ;-)
I am.

Perhaps I should not, but that is not for you to decide.

"And yet I walk and talk, even smile..." - Lle caela diolooamin.

Everything and nothing... I wish it wasn't so true.

Narbondel Reborn

Offline Fantasy

• Level 2
    • ICQ Messenger - 199348340
    • View Profile
    • barbie gateste
Madano - FAQ
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 06:52:06 AM »
Updated it. :-D
I am.

Perhaps I should not, but that is not for you to decide.

"And yet I walk and talk, even smile..." - Lle caela diolooamin.

Everything and nothing... I wish it wasn't so true.

Narbondel Reborn