Author Topic: Xzans upgrade to TDD RESURRECTION  (Read 27839 times)

Offline Xzan_the_Battle-mage

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Xzans upgrade to TDD
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 11:53:57 AM »
November 8th, 2001, 3:54pm

Drizzt will be found after you leave the Underdark,  and will be a liiiittle bit stronger than your party members at that time (I am going to run through the game with a full party to be exact in experience,  but I am bumping him up a little).  His quest will be quite difficult,  although not impossible ,  I want to make it realistic so that it doesn't look as if Drizzt's party was overtaken by weaklings.

Drizzt will have some neat abilities,  such as the useful Globe of Darkness spell,  and I am thinking of adding a possible Berserker ability to go along with his Underdark "hunter" fury.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
November 8th, 2001, 4:42pm

Just a couple of suggestions to add into your tank of ideas.  
1) You might wanna enable the player to start right away after the underdark quest for drizzt. Most of the players have finished BG2 at least 5 to 6 times, and have no desire to replay it again. (or maybe that's just me and a small minority? I doubt it.)

2) It would probably throw in more of a fun factor and closeness bond to have drizzt being built up in some ways by the player.
EG: You stated he would get several abilities. How bout, when ya get him after the underdark, his abilities have been all drained by the vampires. You have the choice to go on several sidequests to gain his abilities back. Make em special, unique, powerful. Copying special abilities off other kits would probably be the easiest way out, but very disappointing to many players. (Like me. heh)

Sean.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
November 8th, 2001, 5:49pm

Drizzt is tied in with Bodhi's quest,  Bodhi is the leader of the group of vampires that attacked his group,  so it kinda pieces together,  you will get Drizzt as soon as you exit the Underdark,  and then you can be on your way to kill Bodhi ) with a possibility of some stuff in between .

Thinking about what you were suggesting...I was thinking Drizzt will be about level 12 when you get him (level drained by vamps like you said) then you have to find a certain cleric to properly heal him...which in turn allows him to then regain his abilities...we'll see though =).

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
November 11th, 2001, 6:41pm

Minor update...a few quests have been added (so they are obviously in heheh),  I am currently working on expanding the item list and touching up on a few mistakes that TeamBG made...(spelling mistakes,  signs,  etc.)  

The first version of this add-on will be SoA/TDD compatible,  the ToB add-on will come later =).

Offline drizzt

• Oloth phuul tuth abbil lueth ogglin
    • ICQ Messenger - 131023435
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:01 AM »
November 12th, 2001, 7:48am

And when will this version come out please?
"Le mariage n'est pas une loterie. la loterie il y a des gagnants."
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bradley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:02 AM »
November 12th, 2001, 9:36am

Xzan,
Is there anyway you can create some additional ranged weapons like javelins or thrown spears?  Not sure of the complexity but it would be pretty nifty to throw some javelins of lightning or piercing at the enemies.
Bradley

Offline drizzt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »
November 12th, 2001, 9:38am

I think you have enough range weapon in the game don't you? just have a look at them in the SK and you'll see.
George Bernard Shaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:04 AM »
November 12th, 2001, 3:58pm

It is undetermined at this time when the addon's will be out I'm afraid =/.  Have been really busy working on it lately but also have been out of the house quite frequently.

I could make some more throwing weapons if you really like =) throwing spears that return to the thrower or something...=).

Anyways,  gotta jet,  take it easy all =) Keep in touch.

Offline Silvanoshae

• ICQ Messenger - 125567960
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ArcticBoarder525
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »
November 12th, 2001, 5:08pm

Hmmm Xzan, if you want, I can help you with any biography or any story writing you want done, I am a great writer and enjoy it greatly, I would luv to help....oh and, i have a very nice portrait for Drizzt. Feel free to email me or ICQ me.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »
November 12th, 2001, 5:21pm

Ahh,  any help would be great =).  I am currently massively bogged down with making these npc's and writing scripts...etc.  

I am currently using an alright picture of Drizzt,  (see "Drizzit"'s picture {the person on the boards...posted in this thread a couple times} ).  But if you have a better one then I am open to that =).

So,  if you would like to help then that would be great,  but don't worry yourself too much over it =).

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »
November 12th, 2001, 6:56pm

Mini-poll for those waiting on this addon....

Do you want Drizzt to look like he normally does in the game? (blue cape, armor, mundane looking scims, etc.) Or do you want him to have a look more like one of the characters you have in your party? (glowing scimitars,  special colored armor,  black skin,  white hair).

1. Stick with the old Drizzt

2. Make him look more friggin realistic!

=)

Offline Sigwald

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:08 AM »
November 13th, 2001, 2:50am

on November 6th, 2001, 3:52am, Railan wrote:

To whoever said that Zaknafein uses regular drow scimitars, wrong. He use masterly made longsword and sometims a whip. Usefull for taking the tongue of people he don't like...

Why scimitars would be "regular" for drows anyway, in most forgotten realms books they use more often basic long swords than scimitars. Scimitars are just Drizzt favored weapons, that does not have to be the case for all drows...

Offline drizzt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »
November 13th, 2001, 4:14am

I say 1 : I like the way helooks in BG1 & BG2.
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Sigwald

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
November 13th, 2001, 4:38am

I'll vote like Drizzt, he looks quite fine, and I'm sure you got enough work as it is doing your mod

Offline Varzael_the_Exiled

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 11:54:11 AM »
November 13th, 2001, 5:43am

I think there is a problem when you try to equip your Drizzt NPC if you use the ''original''model(the ingame one).So,if you have himn to join the group,it ould be a lot easier to make him by the usual models,otherwise it is very time consuming and leads to many crashes(tried a custom Drizzt NPC the other day from a sirte and that's what it said).Eventually they had to make some tweking with his equipment and still he could use no ranged weaps(no animation for that i guess.,.).So,I voter for 2,it doesn';t matter anyway,it;s much easier,with less crashes and Drizzt is always Drizzt(synonym for COOL

Btw,I can work on any story you want or item text or item/spell making.If you would like me to help you post it to send you my email adress via PM.I would be glad to help with anything within my skills.