Author Topic: more NPCs in party  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Passions

• View Profile
more NPCs in party
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:25:52 AM »
November 9th, 2001, 12:15am

Does anyone know if it is possible to have more then 5 NPC’s in the party at the same time? I’m not speaking of the “charmed” follower or familiar that jumps areas with you. I’m talking about an honest to god 6th or even 7th NPC. It does seem there’s space for it on the portrait bar.
I do remember seeing something about this in the old forum but the site went down before I could go back and read through it.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Krondor-of-Helm

• ICQ Messenger - 85824869
    • View Profile
    • Torgan Romance
Re: more NPCs in party
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 02:29:12 AM »
November 9th, 2001, 1:09am

To the best of my knowledge adding any more than five npc's is currently NOT possible at this point. If the Infinity Engine's source code is released to the public it may be that someone makes that option available. However, there must be reasons why Bioware & Black Isle limited the party size to 6 in all four major games.

Krondor.
Helm sees all. Know that and be judged.

Offline Passions

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
November 9th, 2001, 1:21am

Then I will continue to hope that the reason they limited it is the same stupid reason you can only use 3 or 4 of your party in final fantasy, legend of dragoon, etc., etc. Thanks for the quick answer Krondor and also for your npc making tutorial. Though I haven’t gotten to the point of needing it yet, when I do its nice to know its there.
And still who knows, perhaps some brilliant teambg member is just holding on to the secret of adding more npcs so they can unveil it in their next mod. Once they do, then we can all hit him (or her) over the head with a heavy object and steal away the secret!
Hurrah!

Go TeamBG!!

Offline Krondor-of-Helm

• ICQ Messenger - 85824869
    • View Profile
    • Torgan Romance
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 09:58:05 PM »
November 9th, 2001, 9:10pm

Rest assured that the number of Characters in your party question has recieved a fair ammount of attention to date and I'm pretty sure someone will have a solid go at increasing the number if it is possible to do so Personally I find keeping all my 6 under control a bit confusing at times ....

Krondor.
Helm sees all. Know that and be judged.