Author Topic: Bug? Or...a funny thing happened on the way to Gromnir's  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Camylleon

• View Profile
    • Email
Bug? Or...a funny thing happened on the way to Gromnir's
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:30:56 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it *is* a bug, it's necessarily Neh'Taniel's fault, but...

The first problem I had was in the prison on the way to Gromnir's pad. Twice I tried to finish the headless skeleton mini-quest. Twice, Neh'Taniel...froze? It was weird. He was still in the party, his pic was fine. BUT his figure didn't show up in-game...no body, no green circle. I was able to access his backpack, but unable to put anything into it; I got the wonderful "too far away" message. So...huh. Not sure if there was something "tweaked" in the prison that involved Neh'T or not.

I was able to work around it, I just didn't finish that quest. Lemme tell you, I was freakin' out...because I was worried I wouldn't be able to get Neh'T where I wanted him...;-)

So...that all went well. UNTIL...Amkethran. I talked to Marlow, Neh't's warning cued...and then he disappeared. Whoosh! He was gone. I thought maybe it was intentional, after all he'd pulled this sort of thing before, although there were always reasons for it before...(ahem). I thought maybe I'd find him outside the inn, but nope, not there. I thought maybe I'd find him in the cemetery or something. After all, there was a lich, maybe there was a mini-quest there, too? But no...I find him in Marlow's pad, Marlow is gone, the daughter is asleep on the bed. "Neh'Taniel has nothing to say to you" when I click on him, so he won't rejoin the party at this point.

To be fair, it may not be Neh't's fault. I've got Sola and Ajantis in the party as well, and they've been annoying me anyway. It was just...a bad idea. Neither of those boys know when no means no... ::) So it might be a mod-on-mod conflict of some kind.

Knowing y'all are rather busy, I'm just going to start another playthru with Neh't, with no other modded NPCs...and see what happens.

Oh, and on that note...I've been keeping track of some typos, grammatical oopsies, and spelling mix-ups...wouldn't want to reveal "spoilers" however, so...would you want me to email them? Not sure how to hide spoilers here...

AND DESPITE ALL THIS...the frustration IS TOTALLY WORTH IT. In fact, it wouldn't *be* frustrating if I didn't absolutely adore Neh't.   :wub Yeah, he's worth the effort...and then some! So thank you, kudos, and brava to all the people involved in his creation.  :lilly

Offline RainDancer

• View Profile
Re: Bug? Or...a funny thing happened on the way to Gromnir's
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »
I apologize for resurrecting this topic, but seem to be having something of the same issue in the prison in Saradush. I'm not sure where else to go for assistance, which I'm hoping is still to be had here.

After placing the skull and necklace in the proper place in the prison, a duplicate prisoner shade spawns and Neht disappears. Or rather physically disappears, such as it is. His portrait still appears in the party, but he cannot be selected, or removed or anything else. I try to exit the prison after completing the quest and get the ever irritating reminder that I must gather my party before leaving - and believe me I would if I could.

I tried to root around in Shadowkeeper for an answer (the extent of my extremely limited ability when it comes to fixing issues I'm afraid), but the only thing I could find different between the start and end of the quest was a Global variable SKSpirit - which was set to 1. I tried changing the value and even deleting it to no avail. Likely not the best course of action, but bred of desperation.

I went back to a save prior to the quest, removed Neht from the party, completed the quest then had him rejoin. All seems to be well if I do that - except for the fact he misses out on the quest. He must really hate vampire filled prisons (not that I think they are a great vacation spot) to force a choice between leaving him behind or making me be stuck there trying to gather my party.

Regardless of the little issues, I must say the mod really is excellent and well written and I am enjoying it immensely, Saradush prison non-withstanding. Thank you for all the hard work it took to get him this far.
Please let me know if you need any further information.