Author Topic: HELP needed : BGI MONSTER SIMPLE Animation format  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Gwendolyne

• La Licorne
    • View Profile
    • La Couronne de Cuivre
HELP needed : BGI MONSTER SIMPLE Animation format
« on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »
I have ported many animations from Diablo II into I.A.

But I still have one detail to fix.

The xxxxG2-E files contains 3 attacks (Slash, Backslash and Jab). How does the engine handle with them ?

I mean when I tested them, it seemed that only the A1 and A3 sequences where played.
Maybe it depends on the type of weapon the creature is equiped with (fields Melee animations : Overhand, Backhand, Thrust) ?

Furthermore, if I want to use a range weapon, is it possible to use the BGI Simple Monster format ? And if yes, which sequences must I use for that (0-8, 9-15 or 16-23 ?).

Thanks in advance
CARPE DIEM ...

In progress : "Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Eternel"

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Modders
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HELP needed : BGI MONSTER SIMPLE Animation format
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »
Welcome.. :)

Wish I had an answer for you but alas, this is something that has eluded me over the years. I hope you find the answers you seek soon quickly though. I have seen what you and Salomon Kane have cooked up, especially the unicorn animations, and think it is awesome!

Offline Gwendolyne

• La Licorne
    • View Profile
    • La Couronne de Cuivre
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:46:47 PM »
Seems I will have to do many tests with different weapons and see what will happen.... ;D

btw, thanks for your support.

According to the Unicorns (from Oblivion), they are quite ready to be tested, I only have to finish 3 horses (6 others are ready) before delivering a beta test.

I thought I would never see the end of those little beasts !  ;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:15:15 PM by Gwendolyne »
CARPE DIEM ...

Offline Gwendolyne

• La Licorne
    • View Profile
    • La Couronne de Cuivre
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »
Well well well, I have done 3 tests.

1. Inverse the sequences of Attacks 2 and 3 : same result (only Attack 1 and 3 are played).
2. Change Attacks 2 and 3 with Attacks sequences of other creatures : without any weapon equiped, the creature is still atacking with Attacks 1 and 3.
3. For each G2-E file, test with various weapons.

Conclusions :

A. Sequences 8 to 15 (Attack 2) are never played. Or maybe by specific creatures, but I did not test all of them.
B. It "seems" that the type of weapon the creature is equiped with impacts the frequency of how Attacks 1 and 3 are played. A3 is much more played with staves (10,70,20), spears (0,0,100), halberds (0,35,65) and short swords (10,25,65) while weapons coded in (50,50,0) - mostly swords and blunt weapons - are using most of the time the Attack 1 sequences and less of 10 % Attack 3.

I don't know if you can take that for granted, maybe all that stuf is hard-coded... :-\

Anyway, the only thing I know is that I must check all my BG2-E files and invert the orders of sequences if necessary. That's the only way to provide decent animations with at least two attack modes.  ??? :eek

CARPE DIEM ...