Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 19134 times)

Offline Austin

• View Profile
Re: Wish List
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 09:32:51 AM »
Wish I knew a better way to pull of the Inter Component Banter Pack. What I really need is a simple way to make the dialog file work, even if not all the prior components are installed, so that their missing banter .d file does not hang up during WEIDU installs.
Smiling Imp, I've added what you mentioned here! Now the component is split and won't cause any problems if some NPCs are missing.
Link: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8355.msg78816#msg78816

Offline Austin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 08:07:09 AM »
+ Smiling Imp, this is missing in mod right now:

- no epilogues in ToB for all NPCs
- none of the NPCs have comments in the final conversation with Melissan and in the dialogues with the Wraith of Gorion and Solar.
- in the component "Xzar and Montaron in ToB" Volo has a story about Xzar, but about Montaron - no, he ignores him.
- Skie have no dialogue on the Tree of Life (in the SoA ending)
- the romance with Montaron is brilliantly done, but it has no continuation in ToB and no ending. Montaron must definitely speak out when at the end of the game the Charname will make a decision whether to remain mortal or become a goddess. And this romance has no epilogue either.
- Montaron has no dialogue with Aerie, Keldorn, Cernd, Nalia, Haer'Dalis and Valygar (not a single banter in SoA). It would be nice to add them.
- no one has dialogues with the four new NPCs from the EE version of the game (Neera, Dorn, Wilson, Rasaad).

Will this be added?
If not, then maybe you can at least write the texts themselves so that I can code them?
You are great at making jokes and dialogues!! And I can code dialogs and could help.
Or, even if this is not possible, then maybe you will consent to me to complete some things (like epilogues)? Unfortunately, I don't know English well and write through an online translator. Therefore, if I need to create the text myself, proofreading will be needed. And besides, I don't have the same sense of humor as you :) But I really want to help you complete this great mod!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:02:18 AM by Austin »

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 08:53:13 PM »
+ Smiling Imp, this is missing in mod right now:

- no epilogues in ToB for all NPCs
- none of the NPCs have comments in the final conversation with Melissan and in the dialogues with the Wraith of Gorion and Solar.
- in the component "Xzar and Montaron in ToB" Volo has a story about Xzar, but about Montaron - no, he ignores him.
- Skie and Eldoth have no dialogue on the Tree of Life (in the SoA ending)
- the romance with Montaron is brilliantly done, but it has no continuation in ToB and no ending. Montaron must definitely speak out when at the end of the game the Charname will make a decision whether to remain mortal or become a goddess. And this romance has no epilogue either.
- Montaron has no dialogue with Aerie, Keldorn, Cernd, Nalia, Haer'Dalis and Valygar (not a single banter in SoA). It would be nice to add them.
- no one has dialogues with the four new NPCs from the EE version of the game (Neera, Dorn, Wilson, Rasaad).

Will this be added?
If not, then maybe you can at least write the texts themselves so that I can code them?
You are great at making jokes and dialogues!! And I can code dialogs and could help.
Or, even if this is not possible, then maybe you will consent to me to complete some things (like epilogues)? Unfortunately, I don't know English well and write through an online translator. Therefore, if I need to create the text myself, proofreading will be needed. And besides, I don't have the same sense of humor as you :) But I really want to help you complete this great mod!

Writing new dialogs sounds fun, although I don't have as much time as I used to. There are a few things I always wanted to finish up in the mod. But don't feel the need to wait for me. I always imagined this project as a community effort, so if there are things that you think should be added, feel free to add them yourself. I won't be offended in the least. Quite the contrary, I'm just happy people still enjoy the mod and it looks like you are quite capable in both coding and imagination. I pretty much retired from modding when my old POS computer couldn't run the Enhance Editions of the game, but don't let that stop you from enjoying the missions of <CHARNAME>

Offline Austin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2021, 07:52:25 AM »
Thank you so much for the wonderful mod, as well as for your trust and support, Smiling Imp!

I gradually supplement the mod in the part where the texts were absent before (epilogues for the NPC, dialogues that were skipped, and more).
http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8355.15

If anyone has dialogue ideas or suggestions, please write here!

I would very much like to add to the mod what you planned and what you wrote about in the first message:
1) A scripted cut scene resolving the Abelard-Heloise-Fulbert Saga.
2) A scripted auction on the second floor of Lady Goldsword's where players would have a one time chance to land precious artifacts.
3) More things to do with the condo you can buy in the Water Gardens. Eventually, I pictured it like a stronghold, only with funnier tasks such as buying enough shrimp cocktail for a dinner party of having your suit tailored correctly for the cotillion.
4) Some place for Oswald to take you in his airship... For any that have finished this quest all the way through, you will know that Oswald offers to take you somewhere in his airship but the dialog options only allow you to decline. I hope to change that one day.
I implemented the last point!
I could also add the first three points, but I myself cannot write dialogs for this, this is a difficult task. If you or someone else writes these texts, I can code those points too.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:59:15 PM by Austin »

Offline Austin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2021, 01:27:45 PM »
2) A scripted auction on the second floor of Lady Goldsword's where players would have a one time chance to land precious artifacts.
I want to inform everyone that this Smiling Imp's idea will soon be implemented and added to the mod! I am currently coding new texts and separate scenes with the sale of various goods at the Lady Goldsword auction, several hundred new lines (already written about 600) and dozens of dialogues will be added! The author of the texts is Jericho2 from the Arcanecoast forum. The texts are originally written in Russian and are gradually translated into English and proofread.
The next update will add them, but this will not be very soon, I have a lot of work to do on the code for this, and Sarevok57 renders invaluable assistance in proofreading the English version of the texts!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 01:40:43 PM by Austin »

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 09:36:28 AM »
If anyone has dialogue ideas or suggestions, please write here!
Well, these are my subjective, personal wishes which I understand are not everybody's cup of tea and maybe hard or impossible to implement. More romances for starters, I wish there is possibility to continue or start romances with female NPC's ( continuation of Branwen's and Dynaheir's romances from BG1 NPC project, Safana's from SoD, Skie's from Lava's mod and so on ). And I would prefer if possible some multiromance cheat the way Anthology tweaks or Imoen romance offer, for example.   I hope that maybe eventual agreement can be reached between various authors for various crossmod content of this kind.
Second thing is ZELINK content, great mod overall but I just couldn't stand the way Link shamelessly flirt or try to seduce every female member of the party while Zelda keep talking how great he is and asking love advice every five minutes.  ;D  I would like to turn the tables on the guy and little humble him, as there can be only one alpha in my party, and that is Bhaalspawn.
Yeah, it seems like lot of requests easy to write but hard to implement but it never hurt to ask.  ;)

Offline Austin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2021, 06:09:56 AM »
Well, these are my subjective, personal wishes which I understand are not everybody's cup of tea and maybe hard or impossible to implement. More romances for starters, I wish there is possibility to continue or start romances with female NPC's ( continuation of Branwen's and Dynaheir's romances from BG1 NPC project, Safana's from SoD, Skie's from Lava's mod and so on ). And I would prefer if possible some multiromance cheat the way Anthology tweaks or Imoen romance offer, for example.   I hope that maybe eventual agreement can be reached between various authors for various crossmod content of this kind.
Second thing is ZELINK content, great mod overall but I just couldn't stand the way Link shamelessly flirt or try to seduce every female member of the party while Zelda keep talking how great he is and asking love advice every five minutes.  ;D  I would like to turn the tables on the guy and little humble him, as there can be only one alpha in my party, and that is Bhaalspawn.
Yeah, it seems like lot of requests easy to write but hard to implement but it never hurt to ask.  ;)
Thanks for the suggestions!
I can code romances if someone writes texts for them)
But regarding Skie, this could only be a new romance, not related to the Lava's mod (because his version of Skie is different in character from the one in this mod, and he did not give permission for cross-mod content)

In the case of Safana, we had the idea of ​​making a romance with her, but here she has an active romance with the Coran and many dialogues are connected with this. Therefore, we abandoned this idea and added only friendly dialogues with it.

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 09:02:53 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions!
I can code romances if someone writes texts for them)
But regarding Skie, this could only be a new romance, not related to the Lava's mod (because his version of Skie is different in character from the one in this mod, and he did not give permission for cross-mod content)

In the case of Safana, we had the idea of ​​making a romance with her, but here she has an active romance with the Coran and many dialogues are connected with this. Therefore, we abandoned this idea and added only friendly dialogues with it.
Yeah, I'm well aware of problems with crossmoding and artistic visions of various authors. But I can at least thank you for open mind and good will. Too bad for Safana, this is one minx my CHARNAME would like to know better, but hey, at least I can hope that eventually some romance content will be added for rest of the girls. Especially for Zelda. Try to imagine Link's face. Well Link " eeexxcuussee me " !  ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 09:04:24 AM by Greenhorn »

Offline Greenhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2021, 02:09:52 AM »
One more thing that I would like to see is some crossmod content between ZELINK and BG1 NPCs if possible. I think some banters involving NPC's from those two mods wouldn't be bad idea.