Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 13352 times)

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wish List
« on: October 19, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
Here is a place for people to post things they would like to see in the mod. I have a few of my own, that for whatever reason, time constraints, lack of skill or whatever, I could not do myself.. (yet  ???)

1) A scripted cut scene resolving the Abelard-Heloise-Fulbert Saga.

2) A scripted auction on the second floor of Lady Goldsword's where players would have a one time chance to land precious artifacts.

3) More things to do with the condo you can buy in the Water Gardens. Eventually, I pictured it like a stronghold, only with funnier tasks such as buying enough shrimp cocktail for a dinner party of having your suit tailored correctly for the cotillion.

4) Some place for Oswald to take you in his airship... For any that have finished this quest all the way through, you will know that Oswald offers to take you somewhere in his airship but the dialog options only allow you to decline. I hope to change that one day.

Probably more stuff, but that is all I could think about off the top of my head.

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Scourge of Kobolds
  • Modders
  • Level 1
  • Scourge of Kobolds
    • View Profile
Re: Wish List
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 07:03:01 AM »
Is the cutscene something you can't do because you just don't know how to script it?  Have you tried looking at the cutscenes already in game to see how they work?
In progress - Armin Kasun - a mercenary NPC for BG2

On hold - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »
Is the cutscene something you can't do because you just don't know how to script it?  Have you tried looking at the cutscenes already in game to see how they work?

Yeah... Just lazy I suppose. No excuses..  :-\

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 03:22:53 PM »
1) Wish I could figure a way off adding this sweet rendition of the Water Gardens by Lava, without having the game crash. (found it! :D)

The shading is much better and it looks sharper... but for whatever reason, when I try to add it using the IETME, the game crashes. Otherwise, everything in the area works, but I noticed that if I try to make any alterations to the map, the DLTCEP can't read the area any longer, so something is still fishy. My first guess it that b/c I embedded a few characters in the area, the change of map cause problems.

2) I wish I could add some kits. I read CamDawg's tutorial but have not not been able to produce anything thus far. A, Nightbringer of Shar kit for Shar-Teel, or a Cleric of Tempus for Branwen would be pretty cool, plus other thief and bard kits for Montaron and Garrick.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:35:06 PM by Smiling Imp »

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Modders
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 03:51:49 PM »
Woah! You found the files! I thought they were lost for good!
You may want to try saving the file in 24-bit bmp, but I think I checked it before... I have no idea why it doesn't work...
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:
Colours of Infinity: TotDG, Innershade, TWQ, ISNF, Yvette, Foundling
Quests: Eilistraee's Song
NPCs and related: Varshoon | Aeon | Petsy | Tsuki BG2 | Yoshimo Romance | La'Valygar | Quayle BG2 | Swylif | Skie BG2 | White | GaheshLa'Viconia
In-progress projects: Sarine (contribution) | The Purple Splinter | Foundling
Contribution: Ilmatar's Portrait Pack | PaintBG | InfinityKits | Sarevok Friendship

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »
Woah! You found the files! I thought they were lost for good!
You may want to try saving the file in 24-bit bmp, but I think I checked it before... I have no idea why it doesn't work...

Yeah, I tried changing it, but to no avail.  :-\ I'm certain now that it has to do with the area itself. The thing is, it seems that I can add & take away characters, but the minute I try to make any kind of artistic change to the way the area looks.. game crash!  :'(

Anyways, I thought of a few other things to wish for.

1) I wish to add a proper sub component, adding a version of Kagain that only sells vanilla items. Plus I think he deserves his own quest.   

2) Wish I knew a better way to pull of the Inter Component Banter Pack. If anything has caused me more problems, its this damn thing! Not 100% certain, but the way I was doing it before might be the reason why some NPCs interjected the same thing twice in a row sometimes. What I really need is a simple way to make the dialog file work, even if not all the prior components are installed, so that their missing banter .d file does not hang up during WEIDU installs.

3) I wish for world peace.

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »
Long time ago, I made this...

To use as a text screen before the genie brings you to the extended part of Kalah's Circus. Never could figure out how to get it done though. Maybe one day, I'll get back to it.

Offline Shemp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 12:21:54 AM »
Those images look good.

Offline Galraen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 03:57:43 AM »
Me I'm greedy, romances for all!!! :lilly

More ToB content would be nice too!

Great Mod. On the Gamebanshee forum I mentioned item description and how ther should be more. That was before I realised just how many items there were! The thought of coming up with full item descriptions for that many items is seriously daunting, likely to send you to the funny farm if you tried. ;D

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »
 Now that I am more comfortable writing character scripts, I might consider writing a romance in the future. I did do a short Montaron Romance that I am currently adding on to, but something more fleshed out and serious would be a good change of pace.

As far as ToB is concerned, I have always wanted to add another map location. I have to study up on the region though and see what cool locations are nearby that are worth adding.

Thanks again for taking interest in the mod, Galraen. If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Offline kmark2323

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 06:48:41 AM »
Dynaheir. Bring her back. Khalid has been brought back, bring back Dynaheir as well. It would make for a great story with Minsc. He could have TWO WITCHES, REJOICE!

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:26:38 PM »
Dynaheir. Bring her back. Khalid has been brought back, bring back Dynaheir as well. It would make for a great story with Minsc. He could have TWO WITCHES, REJOICE!

I was thinking about that. The only reason I hadn't done it yet was because another modder on here was thinking about bringing her back. However, since it seems they are no longer active, I just might take up the challenge.

Have any ideas as to how I should go about it. What I mean is how did she survive? Or is she an undead? I have a few ideas of my own but would like to see what other people think about the idea.

Offline kmark2323

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 06:30:30 AM »
I am not sure/don't remember what the vanilla game gives us as regards to her demise.

Did Minsc bury her? I doubt it as the rest of the party was taken captive. Maybe her wounds weren't mortal?

Maybe they raised her for their own evil needs. Quite possibly changing her a bit...maybe turning her evil with a quest for the PC to bring her back?

Or maybe this is a great oppurtunity to introduce the Witches of Rasheman into BG? Possibly with the Red Wizards as an enemy?

Maybe she was the reward that Irenicous gave the thugs who ambushed the party? Finding out that she is alive and creating a quest to rescue her, which could also allow for vegenance against the PCs abductors, for evil PCs of course?

Myabe a mix or combo of all of the above?

You have created an excellent mod already, adding Dynaheir would be a finishing touch in my book....

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 12:42:39 PM »
I am not sure/don't remember what the vanilla game gives us as regards to her demise.

Did Minsc bury her? I doubt it as the rest of the party was taken captive. Maybe her wounds weren't mortal?

Maybe they raised her for their own evil needs. Quite possibly changing her a bit...maybe turning her evil with a quest for the PC to bring her back?

Or maybe this is a great oppurtunity to introduce the Witches of Rasheman into BG? Possibly with the Red Wizards as an enemy?

Maybe she was the reward that Irenicous gave the thugs who ambushed the party? Finding out that she is alive and creating a quest to rescue her, which could also allow for vegenance against the PCs abductors, for evil PCs of course?

Myabe a mix or combo of all of the above?

You have created an excellent mod already, adding Dynaheir would be a finishing touch in my book....

Sadly, I had a crazy dream quest all coded up for Dynaheir and was just tweaking out the difficulty, but my PC blew up and I did not back it up!!   

I still wish I knew how to add animation to the game! Making the flying elephants that Tiax from this mod is always talking about come true would be awesome!

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 01:47:27 PM »
I still wish I knew how to add animation to the game! Making the flying elephants that Tiax from this mod is always talking about come true would be awesome!
The Infinity Animations mod has a way to do it. You could even use it's resources(animation .bam files and the bgmain.exe patch), as long as you give its author the credit and detect if the mod is already installed with the required resources(to avoid the repatch & recopy).

And no, there's no (flying) elephants in InfAnims. But you could use a made up creature as the Elephant and get Tiax reaction for (yes, cheep) laughs.