Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 16684 times)

Offline Austin

• View Profile
Re: Wish List
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 09:32:51 AM »
Wish I knew a better way to pull of the Inter Component Banter Pack. What I really need is a simple way to make the dialog file work, even if not all the prior components are installed, so that their missing banter .d file does not hang up during WEIDU installs.
Smiling Imp, I've added what you mentioned here! Now the component is split and won't cause any problems if some NPCs are missing.
Link: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8355.msg78816#msg78816

Offline Austin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 08:07:09 AM »
+ Smiling Imp, this is missing in mod right now:

- no epilogues in ToB for all NPCs
- none of the NPCs have comments in the final conversation with Melissan and in the dialogues with the Wraith of Gorion and Solar.
- in the component "Xzar and Montaron in ToB" Volo has a story about Xzar, but about Montaron - no, he ignores him.
- Skie have no dialogue on the Tree of Life (in the SoA ending)
- the romance with Montaron is brilliantly done, but it has no continuation in ToB and no ending. Montaron must definitely speak out when at the end of the game the Charname will make a decision whether to remain mortal or become a goddess. And this romance has no epilogue either.
- Montaron has no dialogue with Aerie, Keldorn, Cernd, Nalia, Haer'Dalis and Valygar (not a single banter in SoA). It would be nice to add them.
- no one has dialogues with the four new NPCs from the EE version of the game (Neera, Dorn, Wilson, Rasaad).

Will this be added?
If not, then maybe you can at least write the texts themselves so that I can code them?
You are great at making jokes and dialogues!! And I can code dialogs and could help.
Or, even if this is not possible, then maybe you will consent to me to complete some things (like epilogues)? Unfortunately, I don't know English well and write through an online translator. Therefore, if I need to create the text myself, proofreading will be needed. And besides, I don't have the same sense of humor as you :) But I really want to help you complete this great mod!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:02:18 AM by Austin »

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 08:53:13 PM »
+ Smiling Imp, this is missing in mod right now:

- no epilogues in ToB for all NPCs
- none of the NPCs have comments in the final conversation with Melissan and in the dialogues with the Wraith of Gorion and Solar.
- in the component "Xzar and Montaron in ToB" Volo has a story about Xzar, but about Montaron - no, he ignores him.
- Skie and Eldoth have no dialogue on the Tree of Life (in the SoA ending)
- the romance with Montaron is brilliantly done, but it has no continuation in ToB and no ending. Montaron must definitely speak out when at the end of the game the Charname will make a decision whether to remain mortal or become a goddess. And this romance has no epilogue either.
- Montaron has no dialogue with Aerie, Keldorn, Cernd, Nalia, Haer'Dalis and Valygar (not a single banter in SoA). It would be nice to add them.
- no one has dialogues with the four new NPCs from the EE version of the game (Neera, Dorn, Wilson, Rasaad).

Will this be added?
If not, then maybe you can at least write the texts themselves so that I can code them?
You are great at making jokes and dialogues!! And I can code dialogs and could help.
Or, even if this is not possible, then maybe you will consent to me to complete some things (like epilogues)? Unfortunately, I don't know English well and write through an online translator. Therefore, if I need to create the text myself, proofreading will be needed. And besides, I don't have the same sense of humor as you :) But I really want to help you complete this great mod!

Writing new dialogs sounds fun, although I don't have as much time as I used to. There are a few things I always wanted to finish up in the mod. But don't feel the need to wait for me. I always imagined this project as a community effort, so if there are things that you think should be added, feel free to add them yourself. I won't be offended in the least. Quite the contrary, I'm just happy people still enjoy the mod and it looks like you are quite capable in both coding and imagination. I pretty much retired from modding when my old POS computer couldn't run the Enhance Editions of the game, but don't let that stop you from enjoying the missions of <CHARNAME>