Author Topic: Project: Eternity  (Read 4947 times)

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Scourge of Kobolds
  • Modders
  • Level 1
  • Scourge of Kobolds
    • View Profile
Project: Eternity
« on: September 22, 2012, 04:16:11 PM »
Anyone looking at this?  Obsidian is doing an isometric game that they say draws inspiration from PS:T, BG1/2, and IWD1/2.   It's being funded through Kickstarter since, I'm guessing, no major publisher would fund such a project.  I'll admit I'm curious what's going to come of it, but I've not offered any backing on it.   I don't like to put money into something until I know exactly what is going into it, etc., and usually that means waiting quite awhile. 

Here's a link:  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity
In progress - Armin Kasun - a mercenary NPC for BG2

On hold - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• View Profile
Re: Project: Eternity
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 04:37:21 AM »
Anyone looking at this? 
Well, yeah, there's a lot of people that have done so... the 1.8 mils talks on it's own. Why no other mentions? Cause these forum's are slowing down, not that the PPG's forum does any better, kinda unfortunately, as the BG:EE's forums are taking people ... well, that's from my point of view.

It's being funded through Kickstarter since, I'm guessing, no major publisher would fund such a project.
Well, actually, they say they wouldn't have been able to sell the idea of the game to a publisher while the Kickstarter gave them a chance to hide the idea while still make people interested on it...

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Scourge of Kobolds
  • Modders
  • Level 1
  • Scourge of Kobolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
Anyone looking at this? 
Well, yeah, there's a lot of people that have done so... the 1.8 mils talks on it's own. Why no other mentions? Cause these forum's are slowing down, not that the PPG's forum does any better, kinda unfortunately, as the BG:EE's forums are taking people ... well, that's from my point of view.

I knew about the 1.8 million.  I was just curious if anyone HERE, as on this forum, was keeping an eye on it.  I figured someone would be, but it's not like there are a lot active, so it was slightly, marginally, barely possible that they weren't.  But not likely.

On forums, this place is actually a buzz of activity compared to PPG right now.   ;D

On hold - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker

Offline BR4ZIL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »
Heh, i was going to post about this, both Wasteland 2 & Project Eternity are interesting to me. i actually poured 25 bucks into eternity, if its going to be made by Chris Avellone, i am backing it up.

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Scourge of Kobolds
  • Modders
  • Level 1
  • Scourge of Kobolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:16:38 PM »
Heh, i was going to post about this, both Wasteland 2 & Project Eternity are interesting to me. i actually poured 25 bucks into eternity, if its going to be made by Chris Avellone, i am backing it up.

Project Eternity is now offering Wasteland 2 as well if you do a $165 package.  Just announced today.

Offline BR4ZIL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:37:38 PM »
Well, 165 dollars is a bit too much, considering i would have to pay 65% on top of that (import tax) for the physical stuff, not counting the fact that a dollar roughly equals to 2 brazilian reais, which makes the total price double. I will stick with the digital download and buy Wasteland 2 when it comes out.

PS: The Wasteland 2 videos are hilarious and really catch what i think about publishers today

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2?ref=live

Its the first video on the page.

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 11:04:18 PM »
Wasteland 2 looks good. Anything like Fallout will have my interest.
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Offline BR4ZIL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »
Kickstarter just finished, had a blast watching the live countdown party, everyone was getting drunk on vodka  :lilly

Now begins the long wait until the game is finished.... until then we have more BG mods & BG Enchanced Edition coming out  :D

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Scourge of Kobolds
  • Modders
  • Level 1
  • Scourge of Kobolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 10:30:28 PM »
I see they made the 4 million goal, too.