Author Topic: Adding new animations to BG2  (Read 4808 times)

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Modders
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Adding new animations to BG2
« on: September 15, 2012, 08:17:54 PM »
 Has anyone ever tried this? I found this...

http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/resources/infinitum/index-anims-ac.html

... And was fooling around with the idea of adding driders to Sendai's Enclave. It gives me animated GIFs to work with, but I have no idea what to do after that.  ??? I know there is Infinity Animations which does this task, adds the animations slots etc. and I  would like add an animation and keep it compatible with that. Was wondering if anyone had any pointers or could point me in the right direction.  

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• View Profile
Re: Adding new animations to BG2
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 01:07:51 AM »
There is such a mod as Infinity Animations... it has most if not all that animations that have been done to Infinity Engine, to my knowledge.

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Modders
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »
There is such a mod as Infinity Animations... it has most if not all that animations that have been done to Infinity Engine, to my knowledge.

Thanks for replying, Jarno. Yeah, I know about Infinity Animations, but I did not think that anyone could use the resources from that mod nor did I want to have to rely on another being installed for components in mine to work. What I meant from my first post is that I know that mod names the animation slots. I was hoping to be able to create the animation, just so I learn how, then use the same animation slot name so it does not interfere or double up with IA. Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »
Thanks for replying, Jarno. Yeah, I know about Infinity Animations, but I did not think that anyone could use the resources from that mod nor did I want to have to rely on another being installed for components in mine to work. What I meant from my first post is that I know that mod names the animation slots. I was hoping to be able to create the animation, just so I learn how, then use the same animation slot name so it does not interfere or double up with Infinity Animation. Or am I misunderstanding how it works?
Well, the IA mod has two things going for it, it can be set so it does the above without the major parts of the mod(the gigabites of other mods, as they are used in the megamods)... as it's compiled from singly installable parts if one wants to set it so... and the animations are not restricted to the original BGMain.exe's limits, as the Infinity Animation has all the code needed to add as many animations as the installer want to.
There is for example theW_PackMule that does exactly what you want to it's own exported animation from the World of Warcraft game, along with it's other content... but why it's a Infinity Animation mod ? ...is that many players like to install as many mods as possible, which creates horrors if there's no single source to unite the work done, and it also gives everyone civil enough to be on a forum member the tools to do what they can for the moding community, or use other peoples resources. As you can read from a few of the threads on the ShSforums link above, one needs only to apply for a animation slot for the animation to be included... and there's somewhat tutorial on how to actually make the whole process the animation to be valid on the of BG2 engine, and there's people to ask questions, never be afraid of that.

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Man against the Machine
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »
That Pack Mule mod looks cute.