Author Topic: Moving Fast  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Scourge of Kobolds
  • Modders
  • Level 1
  • Scourge of Kobolds
    • View Profile
Moving Fast
« on: September 09, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
I've been noticing a lot of updates on this and let me just say that you make me feel lazy.  Really lazy.  Shame on you!   :D

Actually, no, it's nice to see someone working so hard on a project for such an old game.  Keep it going!
In progress - Armin Kasun - a mercenary NPC for BG2

On hold - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Moving Fast
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 06:08:11 PM »
Hahaha! Thanks Sir_Carnifex. The enthusiasm that people show in their desire to learn modding helps motivate me as well, so touché.  ;)

Throne of Bhaal is not as heavily modded as Shadows of Amn, plus I have never actually played all the way through it yet, so it keeps it feeling fresh for me to mod it. Good luck on your projects. I know you have been working on other things, but I hope to see Halbo finished one day. For all the good mods they have at BWL, they are lacking in NPCs. I also vote to keep the name Halbo, in case you are still debating to change it or not.

As far as what the future holds for the mod, I have been fiddling with the idea of adding a few new areas to Throne of Bhaal. One of them is the illustrious university of Athkatla, which would only be reachable via Watcher's Keep. Here is an early view of the map that I am still working on. (It could use a little love)

Now mind you, this probably won't be done before I hope on releasing the next version of the mod, which will be sometime in October (if ever  :P), as creating and populating the areas will take quite some time, but it something to look forward to. Happy modding everyone!  ;D

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Scourge of Kobolds
  • Modders
  • Level 1
  • Scourge of Kobolds
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Fast
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
New areas are always nice.... This from a person who's never played a mod with a new area in it!  My problem is I don't get around to playing much at all, so installing new mods isn't something I do much.   I expect I'll never get around to playing through all the ones that interest me.   I do like NPCs though, and not just for the different personalities, but I enjoy trying different party arrangements, trying to accomplish something with a lot of one type, or a good mix.

As far as my mod, Halbo is shelved.  As I said before, it's hard to get interested again after four years, so right now something new is easier to work on.   At least until I get back into full modding mode -- I'm still not there yet.
In progress - Armin Kasun - a mercenary NPC for BG2

On hold - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker