Author Topic: Dynaheir in BG2  (Read 13346 times)

Offline BR4ZIL

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dynaheir in BG2
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 09:49:59 AM »
Hey there, just an update that after January 20th i will be picking up this project again, if you guys have any ideias/sugestions please do post them here, Dynaheir/(insert your NPC here) dialogues are most welcome.  :)

Offline BR4ZIL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
And i am back, had a really bad month of personal failure & family troubles, but back. I have organized what i intend to do with the mod and i hope this wont be the "i had this ideia for a dialogue and i am just gonna code in" anymore, gonna try to balance the number of NPC-NPC & area talks (so you dont get bombarded with talks in Wakeen's Promenade locations and then Dyna stays silent in other areas)

Also brewing an ideia for a personal quest (but i belive that is beyond my modding knowledge, at least for now). Will try to keep things rather simple so one can have enough content through SoA's campaign.

I have about 2 weeks of free time right now and then i am going to go on a family vacation. At the moment my biggest trouble is to relearn how to code with WeiDU, been a while since i last touched it  :-\

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 08:12:18 PM »
Keep it going, give us Dynaheir for BG2. :)
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Offline BR4ZIL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 10:01:47 PM »
Hey everyone, i know i have been away for almost 2 years now. Real life kicked really hard on me since my last post (dont we wish we could just cast Ressurect in real life too?) and suddently i was bombarded with alot of responsabilities. And after all this time you might want to hear i will be resuming my work on "Dyna" for BG2, but alas i will not promise anything.

Not only because i dont have the free time i used to have when i started thinking about doing this but also because i lost all my coded progress i had made with the mod. On the bright side i still have my 2 notebooks with all the dialogue trees i wrote for her and most of the general ideias. So it would be a matter of recoding everything up. Also on the bright side, i am currently studying Computer Sciences (not sure if in the US the course is called that, but its basically learning structured programming and all of that) at my local university, so if i do get back to her in the future, i hope things will have sped up, at least in the coding departament (althought i am still just learning C & C++, but the general programming logic crosses over to any language, including BG2 modding)!

I might eventually start something on my free time between classes, but once again, as much as i would love to finish this and give you guys the continuation to Dynaheir's romance and story, i just dont have time :(

I would also need to get updated on the new Enchanced Edition mod technicalities, i have zero clues on how to make mods compatible with EE. Another thing i would need to get updated on are the new NPCs, for example, if any of them mentions Dynaheir being dead, i would need to fix that too.

As i said in my first posts, if your interested in persuing this very same ideia, feel no shame in copying my ideias (hell, even PM me and ask me for all the dialogues i have wrote!) if you want to (as long as i get a bit o credit, of course).

I know it is a rather sad post, but i already feel ashamed already for basically abandoning you guys, but please belive when i tell you i had alot of hopes and tried to make this mod, i hope i release (or see it released) someday, but as it stands it might not be in the near future :( .

On another note, shame on the BG community for not caring for poor Dynaheir! Seriously guys, Viconia gets a truckload of mods while poor Dyna stays dead (even mister "i can dance on the head of a pin" has more mods than her)! :P

Thats was all, i think, i will also try to be more active here at TeamBG too :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:06:25 PM by BR4ZIL »