Author Topic: BG1 NPCs for BG2 vs stand-alone NPCs  (Read 4398 times)

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Modders
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
BG1 NPCs for BG2 vs stand-alone NPCs
« on: July 26, 2012, 01:00:14 AM »
Hi! I know this question was already mentioned somewhere (or even a couple of times, huh), but as we all know, there are stand-alone NPCs from BG1 like Kulyok's Xan / Tiax, Kivan, my Quayle... how does the mod work with thsese? I'm asking because I'm in the middle of preparations to release Skie BG2 (my very first BG2 mod that recently was translated into English).

Cheers! :)
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:
Colours of Infinity: TotDG, Innershade, TWQ, ISNF, Yvette, Foundling
Quests: Eilistraee's Song
NPCs and related: Varshoon | Aeon | Petsy | Tsuki BG2 | Yoshimo Romance | La'Valygar | Quayle BG2 | Swylif | Skie BG2 | White | GaheshLa'Viconia
In-progress projects: Sarine (contribution) | The Purple Splinter | Foundling
Contribution: Ilmatar's Portrait Pack | PaintBG | InfinityKits | Sarevok Friendship

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BG1 NPCs for BG2 vs stand-alone NPCs
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:34:29 AM »
Hey Lava..

The mod is broken down into different components just for this reason. In that way, you can still enjoy Kuylok's Kivan, COM Alora, or your Quayle and still enjoy the rest of the mod. The different components also have 'creature checks' so that if a player were to have your version of Quayle installed and they tried to install the component 'Gnomes is the City: Tiax and Quayle', WEIDU would skip over my Quayle, but the player would still be able to find Tiax even though they are paired up in the component. I tried to include creature checks from all the available mods out there that introduced BG1 NPCs into part two, but those will eventually need to be updated as more and more mods are released. 

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Modders
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 02:47:28 PM »
So it's possible to do a similar feature for BG2 Skie, yep?
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:
Colours of Infinity: TotDG, Innershade, TWQ, ISNF, Yvette, Foundling
Quests: Eilistraee's Song
NPCs and related: Varshoon | Aeon | Petsy | Tsuki BG2 | Yoshimo Romance | La'Valygar | Quayle BG2 | Swylif | Skie BG2 | White | GaheshLa'Viconia
In-progress projects: Sarine (contribution) | The Purple Splinter | Foundling
Contribution: Ilmatar's Portrait Pack | PaintBG | InfinityKits | Sarevok Friendship

Offline Smiling Imp

• Eternal Apprentice
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
As long as I have the .cre name, I can just add more as they come. The only issue would be that my mod is dependent on the party having Skie for Eldoth to appear, but perhaps later on we can think of a way to make him appear whether it's your version of Skie, or mine.

You CAN still visit the Water Gardens though!  ;) ;D