Author Topic: Subrace Mod Part 2  (Read 23917 times)

Offline Raven

• Miriam's sane half
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Like Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Vampire Tales
Subrace Mod Part 2
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:42:36 AM »
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:23 am    

Continue here. Seems like the last post and some other posts on this board have become corrupted.
Per me si va nella citta dolente.
Per me si va nell eterno dolore.
Per me si va tra la perduta gente...
Lasciate ogni speranza perduta che'entrate!

Offline Silke

• View Profile
    • Email
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:45:25 AM »
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:33 am    

Hey you !

I'm a sixteen-years-'old'-I.E.-games-fan-Frenchie, and I think it would be quite interesting for 'us' (French BGII fans... 'Cause there are some, eh...) if you - Welverin - would authorize me to translate your mod in my native language.

The only problem is that I haven't ANY skill in I.E. scripting... I could translate your Readme easily, no problem at all, but I don't know how to translate (Too much translate's in this post.) the 'in-game' text. i must admit. Maybe if you - Or someone else, doesn't matter - would 'extract' the text from the mod files which contain some (I suppose it works a bit like that, no ?), and then send me it (The text, I mean... Well, I guess I'm not very clear, my English is quite bad. But good enough to translate such things... As your mod :p), it could be owkay. Then, what d'you think about it ?

(By the way, BIG thanks for you add-in, man, it is ENORMOUS, and I know much people think the same... You can be proud... truly !)
"That's what the Minstrel sings,
Join in the horrible screams,
Take part in murderous deeds,
Renowned be the Lion-Hearted..."

Blind Guardian - Battlefield.

Offline Silke

• View Profile
    • Email
Readme French Transaltion finished.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:45:30 AM »
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:48 am    

Welverin, I inform you that my French Translation is finished - Except for the stats, of course -... Just send me the whole strings when you can/want icon_wink.gif
Oh, and in the case where some people might not be updated icon_razz.gif : Welverin has, at the moment, some little problems, he can't post... That's it.

Offline Welverin

• Retired Modder
    • ICQ Messenger - 232256782
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Welverin+Horlbar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - welverin_despana
    • View Profile
    • Email
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:45:31 AM »
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:17 am    

@Silke: That's great I've just send you file with strings via email so check your mailbox. It should be there if not then let me know and I will try again. Anyway, thank you very much for help.

Since I can post again I wanted to thank icelus for his enormous help
I'm just a poor, lonely wanderer.

War and Love are two things for which it's worth to live.

Offline icelus

• Level 1
    • ICQ Messenger - 39176894
    • MSN Messenger - icelus2004@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - icelus1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - icelus1
    • View Profile
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 06:43:52 AM »
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:16 am    

Heh...just doing what I can for my fellow members of the modding community
<theacefes> dude im a lesbian
<theacefes> how the fuck am i mormon

Offline Silke

• View Profile
    • Email
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 06:43:53 AM »
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:17 am    

@Aroc, if you read it... I could translate your whole Morituri Kit, also, as I'm doing for Welverin's Subrace Mini-Mod. But I STILL don't know anything about I.E. Scripting... So, in teh case where you would accept, the way acted Welverin was smart : Errr... How to explain... Gathering the in-game text in a file, classified as strings... It's not VERY clear, O.K., but you understood, eh ?

Offline Silke

• View Profile
    • Email
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 06:45:34 AM »
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:06 pm    

Welverin, if you read it... I tried to send you a mail, but my box has got a few problems... So, there it is :

"Aye man ! I'm really sorry for being so late, but I had a few personnal problems, was back at school, also, etc... Well , it's over now (Except for school...), in fact I finished the translation almost a month ago, but I unfortunaly couldn't send it, not enough time... But here it is, finally !

Sorry, once more, and see you soon, I hope,

Mal."

Well, actually I think I have a neurosis... I know I look quite fine, but, hum, I'm not going to explain !
... And for the translation, I'll try to send the whole package again in a few hours o:)

Offline Welverin

• Retired Modder
    • View Profile
    • Email
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 06:45:35 AM »
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:59 am    

Hehe, I'm not dead  I was just testing some new technologies and ways of modding, as well as got involved in TC, but that's a different story, thats why I haven't visited forum too often, and haven't made any updates  Anyway, next update, which will, hopefully, be out soon, will be quite big, and I'm afraid will raise size of the mod considerably.

@Silke: No problem at all, no need to apologize  There is no rush anyway

Piotyr

Baldurs gate tutu
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 06:43:56 AM »
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:48 am    

Can you make this mod work in bg1tutu? It shoulden't be hard seeing as it runs in bg2. I would think it would take a bg1tutu only mod tho... Just make a file for your char to pop up in candle keep or something. Well if you can't no biggie. Thanks for reading.

Offline Grumpy Guy

• View Profile
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 06:43:57 AM »
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:54 pm    

Unfortunately, I am currently deeply enthralled with BGTuTu, so unless you can make it compatable with that (which sounds hard but...) I will have to try this later. Hopefully I'll be able to get in on the actual release.

IN ANY CASE, to the reason I posted. Actually, the reasons I posted; there are two:

1.) Why Kender and Tinker Gnomes? Both of these subraces, although much beloved, are Dragonlance natives and unheard of in the Forgotten Realms. Meanwhile, still no Genasai, which can be found in the realms... (PLEASE, please, please, please... I SO want to play an Air Genesai Kensai...) As a side note - why no Avariel (sky elves)? I know the flying thing won't work, but it might be interesting to see what Aerie has to say about meeting one of her own kind...

2.) This one is more important. It has to do with the language on this thread. PLEASE stop insulting yourselves! Your English is outstanding. Much better than my Polish (or French, for that matter...). In fact, your English is much better than some native speakers I know.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Good luck, and keep up the good work!

Offline Grumpy Guy

• View Profile
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 06:43:58 AM »
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:04 pm    

Thought I would let you know - I decided to put away BGTuTu for a while so I could try this out. I'll let you know what I think...

Not that my opinion really matters that much

Offline Welverin

• Retired Modder
    • View Profile
    • Email
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 06:44:00 AM »
Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:32 am    

Every opinion matters

As for Tutu version, well, I will download Tutu and see what can I do, it shouldn't be so hard to do after all, but I won't do it before I will be satisfied with normal version icon_wink.gif

I've added Kenders, Tinker gnomes and athlasan halflings mostly becouse I wanted my mod to contain all subraces described in Complete Book of .... (Elves, Gnomes, Halflings, Dwarfs and partialy Half-Elves). Well, I haven't imagined that someone can have problem with that, I mean you can always pick another subrace, but maybe I should think about that a little more icon_rolleyes.gif Anyway, I'm not sure but I think that I've read somewhere that there is a portal linking Dragonlace world and Toril somewhere in the realms, I can be wrong though. I will probably add genasai as an option but a bit later since I've started to improve some things now, so it will have to wait for its turn icon_twisted.gif
Avariel? Well, I just hate the idea of being forced to say at the begining that someone cut your wings off but if you can came with a good story explaining why you don't have wings I will glady add Avariel subrace as well

Offline Welverin

• Retired Modder
    • View Profile
    • Email
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 06:44:02 AM »
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:38 pm    

Aroc wrote:   
Good luck Welverin. I wish you the best outcome in your personal endeavor for knowledge

Thanks Aroc

Offline SirLancelot

• View Profile
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:52 am    

Emm, first of all sorry for my lack of english language, im spanish. Nice to meet a polish modder BG2 fan!

Right, great work, Welverin, ill try to give you some interesting suggestions, and ask one or two things

Ok, so, whats the answer for the question about drow powers?
I dont know what happens when you uses the following abilities/spells:  Darkness, Fearie Fire, Levitate, Suggestion

Why dont includes that in the readme? It could be very useful for tactics, you know Ah, also for the other non typical subrace abilities your mod introduces!

Another thing. I have discover that if a create a wild mage drow, he loses his ability to cast magic!!!  Its a bug? Please, please, tell me

Emm, i think a Wizard Slayer Dorren Dwarf or Drow its completely overpowered, have you thought about this? If the two MR gains per level applies, of course. Have you blocked class MR improvement?

Ah, i should welcome your efforts for compability, Welverine. For the moment, your mod works fine over a couple of mods: Freedoms Reigns, Reign of Virtue, Easy of Use, Ascension, Redemption, Soulafein, Item Upgrade, NPC flirt packs, Kelsey, Planar Sphere, Banters Pack, Unfinished Business, Ruad...Plas,plas,plas!

Well, i leave now. I promise to come back if i have news to report.

Offline SirLancelot

• View Profile
Subrace Mod Part 2
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 06:44:04 AM »
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:04 am    

Ok, You Kai, dont worry any more, im going to help you icon_biggrin.gif
Create your character as usual and start the game. After Irenicus show icon_lol.gif ends, you will notice that an strange drow?, talks. There is the subrace selection, inside that dialogue. Enjoy!