Author Topic: World Map Mod  (Read 11736 times)

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • The night is dark and full of terrors...
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
World Map Mod
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:30:19 AM »
So what is this mod about? I've heard of this mod before but never really looked into until I was forced to use when I installed the CtB mod. I'm looking at this from a modders perspective because if its easy to add areas to the world map, I'll use it for the next version of the Undying mod. There are so many places on that map to be used, I'm surprised more people don't make more adventure, quest mods to take advantage of where you can go.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• View Profile
Re: World Map Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:30:28 AM »
So what is this mod about?
Well, it's a mod that overwrites the world map files that game has, with it's own version... but what makes it special, is that the map is first of all, bigger(8000x6300), something like 10 times bigger than the original. And second, the install is pre-coded so that after the overwriting, it patches the worldmap so that it also contains all the other world maps that the other worldmap overwriting mods use... the list includes...
G3Fixpack
BGT-WeiDU and all BGT-WeiDU's big quest submods(DrizztSaga for BGT/Tutu, Dark Side of the Sword Coast for BGT, The Grey Clan Episode I: In Candlelight for BGT, Northern Tales of the Sword Coast for BGT, The Secret of Bonehill...)
SoS
TDD
RoT
TS-BP
NEJ's
G3Aniversary mod
The Worldmap mod is required anytime two of the above mods are installed as the last one overwrites the once before it... and the last version of TDD requires it's files to be in the install folder by default.

I'm looking at this from a modders perspective because if its easy to add areas to the world map, I'll use it for the next version of the Undying mod. There are so many places on that map to be used, I'm surprised more people don't make more adventure, quest mods to take advantage of where you can go.
It's really not... of course that statement is colored with the fact that I know nothing much in the real moding.

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • The night is dark and full of terrors...
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
Re: World Map Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:33:44 AM »
Its a pretty map. All large mods should use it.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester