Author Topic: CHR -> CRE : doesn't seem to work  (Read 8563 times)

Offline sugaki

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: CHR -> CRE : doesn't seem to work
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 06:30:16 AM »
December 24th, 2001, 1:49am

on December 19th, 2001, 1:52am, Deano99 wrote:
yes, you reference StrRefs (text) that is already in the dialog.tlk from a standard version of SoA for example, so it will work on everybodies install.

{/quote]

Sorry, I'm a newbie.. so I don't understand what exactly you are talking about... but I'm making an NPC with new .dlg's.  I thought the only StrRefs in the .cre are the creature's Short name and name?  If your char has a new name, you can't refer to the original dialog.tlk..  Or am I wrong? (I hope so)  

Offline Lone_Wolf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 06:30:20 AM »
December 24th, 2001, 1:57am

on December 24th, 2001, 1:49am, sugaki wrote:
Sorry, I'm a newbie.. so I don't understand what exactly you are talking about... but I'm making an NPC with new .dlg's.  I thought the only StrRefs in the .cre are the creature's Short name and name?  If your char has a new name, you can't refer to the original dialog.tlk..  Or am I wrong? (I hope so)  

If he/she has an name which isn't in the Dialog.tlk then you have to add it to it.
The DLG are external Dialog files used for dialog between NPCs & PCs these contain also StrRefs and are edited by using IDU

Offline Ben

• Romeo & Romeo rulez!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
December 19th, 2001, 1:09am

on December 18th, 2001, 7:36pm, Arundor wrote:
That could be the problem right there.  As Deano stated, ShadowKeeper creates hybrid CRE files, not true CRE files.

Okay, thank you guys  Just a last question : some people (like manveru) manage to create DLG files without writing in the TLK file !  Do you know how they can do this ?