Author Topic: Scripting classes, kits and races by Mortis  (Read 8349 times)

Offline Amy

• Global Moderator
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
Scripting classes, kits and races by Mortis
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:25:19 AM »
OK first off read my : Level up via scripts & Making New Races (updated) tutorials....

Also you MUST know scripting and specific's ...... plus item & spell work and all other relevant knowledge..

Step 1:

-make a single invisible creature that will handle ALL class's and kits level ups. (lol) don't worry about AI or dlg yet...

-create all the spells your class needs for their innates and gained abilities.. (repeat for each class/kit)

Step 2:

- add a ton of lines to specific.ids
(one line for each class/race/kit) give whatever values you want..

-rig a dlg to the invisible creature to allow you to pick your class/kit
the effects of picking a class/kit are as follows...
a new value of 1 appears in the relevant specific's for your player... This Dlg should use a global like "picked class" so it can only run once...

-rig the AI of said invisible creature to grant abilities on level up depending on the summoners specific value..

IF
Level(LastSummonerOf(Myself),10)
Specifics(LastSummonerOf(Myself),PC_DEMONIST,1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ApplySpellRES("spell name",LastSummonerOf(Myself))
DestroySelf()
END

This would be looped for every specific value and every level (a lot of lines but worth it)

Step 3:

-edit the main class abilities in the 2da files so every level up summons said invisible creature...

-by using different specific values you can create an AI file that will level up and give abilities to any number of classes...

Also via this method you could remove all original kits and make people play as a standard fighter or paladin, and during certain quests a specific could be set and they become a kit (like 3rd classes)

GETTING COMPLEX...

Right done that, k... now for fun..

REMEMBER ONLY 1 SPECIFIC CAN BE USE DON A PLAYER AT ONCE

so if you want new races and new class be ready to make a new value for each race AND each class combination... (and lots more in the level up AI)

RACES: the same tactic could be made to allow subraces to be picked.. same sets of specifics and script style, but this would only need to be a one off as races don't level up...

GAME INTERGRATION...

pack all the race picking and allowed starting classes picking into one dlg file for the invisible creature.. then alter the games opening cutscene so before anything else this creature appears and forces dialog with you. (even one by one so in multi player you can all have new races/class's etc..)

after that we have the question,

what if I want my new fighter kit to have limited armour, do i need to 2da edit.?

answer=no..

just wack lines into dplayer 2 & 3 scripts so if you have certain specifics (for race/class etc..) you cant use certain items..

a lot of work (hence best for a TC,) but come the end of it you have a smooth race/class system that has NO LIMITS

HE HE HAVE FUN.

Mortis