Author Topic: Beginning the Romance  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Anata

• View Profile
Beginning the Romance
« on: May 14, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »
Hi there, Lava! It's Agashi from over at SHS. Figured you were right about giving the mod a try, since my own Yoshimo Romance probably won't get off the ground anytime soon.  ;D

Thing is, though... I can't seem to get the first LT. The Adventurer Mart talk and the talk after we meet Gaelan Bayle both fired at the appropriate times, but I haven't gotten anything else.

I know I meet all the romance requirements...  I've used the AdvanceRealTime CLUA command to no avail. :-\ Can it be that I'm just being too impatient?

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Beginning the Romance
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 03:54:36 PM »
Hi :) First of all - have you installed Yoshimo Friendship? If yes, then Yoshimo Romance will use real time to speed 3 original BioWare talks. If no - and I suppose you don't have YF installed, right? - then Yoshimo Romance will use in game time to speed the BioWare talks. To speed them, rest for a while (but after your talk with Gaelan). I think the time between the dialogues is set to... 3 days? So try resting 9-10 times to fire BioWare talks. After the 3rd BioWare talk, Yoshimo Romance will start to work normally, using RealTime.

Let me know if this solved the problem :)
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:
Colours of Infinity: TotDG, Innershade, TWQ, ISNF, Yvette, Foundling
Quests: Eilistraee's Song
NPCs and related: Varshoon | Aeon | Petsy | Tsuki BG2 | Yoshimo Romance | La'Valygar | Quayle BG2 | Swylif | Skie BG2 | White | GaheshLa'Viconia
In-progress projects: Sarine (contribution) | The Purple Splinter | Foundling
Contribution: Ilmatar's Portrait Pack | PaintBG | InfinityKits | Sarevok Friendship

Offline Anata

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »
Ah.... I see. I actually did get the first Bioware talk, so it sounds like I'm right on track. Right. I'm off to enjoy some quality time with my favorite thief.  :wub

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:50:33 PM »
I think you should rest until you get all BioWare talks. I suppose you know all of them, so it would be better to focus on new stuff, right? :P
Still, let me know when you get any timered romance talk. Just in case :)
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:
NPCs and related: Varshoon | Aeon | Petsy | Tsuki BG2 | Yoshimo Romance | La'Valygar | Quayle BG2 | Swylif | Skie BG2 | White | GaheshLa'Viconia
Contribution: Ilmatar's Portrait Pack | PaintBG | InfinityKits | Sarevok Friendship

Offline Anata

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »
Oops... Forgot to report back.

Everything worked out fine. I spotted a few typo errors here and there, but everything else in the mod went just swimmingly.  :D I'm in Spellhold now and I play to continue until I reach the final encounter with Yoshimo toward the end.

Question: Is there still a lot of content in SoA, or have I gone through most of it? I ask because its gotten quiet without my special friend hanging around  :-\ and I was thinking about transitioning my party over to ToB to get the final portion of the mod.

If there is still a fair amount of content, I'll stick it out for the rest of SoA.  :evil

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »
And where are you right now? Spellhold? There should be some stuff - few talks with Imoen, a dream, a gift... But is everything fine for sure? Have you had the Heart thing after killing Yoshimo and other thieves?
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:

Offline Anata

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 11:24:48 AM »
I haven't quite gotten to that part yet. I'm still on the first level of Spellhold and I haven't played anymore since my last post. Its going to be a busy day, so I probably won't get much more done until late tonight.

Quick typo report: In the first dialogue with Imoen after you rescue her, she calls you CHARNAME if you ask her to explain what a geas is. Missing <,>'s perhaps?

I will report back with my findings once I complete SoA. Gotta see all that content!  :lilly

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »
Thanks :) Yeah, so there is more content. There is dreamlike sequence - a cutscene - (or maybe you saw it already...?) - conversation between Yoshimo and Irenicus + normal dream, but later. I think there are like... 3 talks with Imoen about Yoshimo. Also 1 encounter in Spellhold, 2 post-Spellhold encounters in Athkatla + something more.
ToB content is smaller, but there is still something! But I advice to keep Imoen in party :)
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:

Offline Anata

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 01:24:03 PM »
Uh... I got to the end of Spellhold and didn't see any other content besides the one talk I got with Imoen and the one I got with Anomen. I didn't get any additional encounters or cut scenes.

Could it have been skipped because I ran through it so quickly? Is there a certain area I have to travel through to get the encounter? Could the globals have gotten messed up because for some reason Aerie's romantic reaction to the Slayer change played even though I was female and not romancing her? Please help me!

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 01:49:07 PM »
At what point are you right now? Use this:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("YoshimoIrenaCutScene","GLOBAL")

If it is set to 2 and you didn't have any cutscene, you may want to use an older save, and make sure your romance is set to 2, that you have not used inapropriate reply. It won't fire if you killed the romance. If you're on the right area (AR1512) and it still did not appear, use this code:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("YoshimoIrenaCutScene","GLOBAL",0)

and wait like up to 3 minutes (it should fire after 2 minutes, though)

RomanceActive check (it should be set to 2):

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("YoshimoRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:42:37 PM by Lava »
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects: