Author Topic: Undying general discussion  (Read 26395 times)

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
  • Man against the Machine
    • ICQ Messenger - 251194643
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - gscott7833
    • View Profile
    • http://teambg.net
Re: The Undying General Discussion
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2008, 07:17:44 PM »
That's the dialog.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast BG1 Weidu
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Offline telsono

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2008, 11:29:22 AM »
I have enjoyed using Callisto so far and I would have to agree completely with Solaufein about her mental stability. She is not redemable, what you are talking to is a little girl in a woman's body bent on revenge. The little girl is also all that is keeping her from going completely off the edge. And she is only there by a thread!

I had a thought about a scene with her where the main character sees her sitting by herself with just enough of the flickering flame of the fire to reveal her presence. From her back pack she pulls out a tattered and heavily stained cloth doll with charred fringes. Callisto hugs it for a second and then craddles it in her arm and starts to talk to it. "Is Dolly hungry? Mommy will feed Dolly now." At this point she pulls out her dagger and nicks her thumb to allow some blood to flow and gives the doll the drops of blood to its mouth. The main character would leave at this point.

Callisto would also be asexual, her normal development arrested by her deepseated trauma. Any attempt to persue sex with her physically would cause her to go beserk and try to kill the person. If anyone would want to due to her poor personal hygiene.

Her personal hygiene would be a question as well. Close physical contact with others would be a problem by these and her mental condition. Only a female character acting as a gentle mother image would be able to get her to brush her hair and clean up. ("Be a good girl for Mommy and brush your hair and wash up.") Otherwise she would have matted hair and otherwise not desirable characteristics.

Then again these are my 2 cents.

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2008, 06:26:48 AM »
Yes she is nothing but a grown up child with a homicidal mentality with the abilities of an expert fighter.

True she holds no interest in sex, as you said asexual if that. She wants nothing to do with procreation. Her enjoyment is hunting down and killing those who wronged her. But even revenge is bitter sweet. You may feel something briefly but in the end, you will feel worse.
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth
Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Offline Solaufein

• Lord of the Realms
  • Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
Re: Undying general discussion
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2013, 10:11:01 AM »
Casts resurrection.

An idea came to me about this. Calli's father was a ranking officer in an elven army who intercepted a matron mother and her elite guards near the surface. They were killed and that matron's house fell. Some of the matrons children survived, who were houseless and outcasts. Their only way to survive would be to flee to the surface. Now revenge is on their mind. They make deals with "lowly" surfacers and form their own raiding party. They start looking for those who brought down their house. They finally catch up to Calli's father who is living a simple life as a farmer. Most of the villagers are killed and Calli is one of those who survives. Unknown to her, the drow leaders are "making" her into the cold blooded killer that she eventually becomes.

Sins of the father.

One thing to be brought into discussion : Callisto's village was raided by a band of drow and surface elves. That is EXTREMELY unusual. Will the mod explain this strange alliance ?
My mods:
Dark Horizons
The Undying
Nikita
IWD2 store

Co-contributor:
Aurils Bane
Encounters
Saerileth