Author Topic: Very upgraded Strongholds! RES  (Read 15900 times)

Offline The Silver Bear

• View Profile
    • Email
Very upgraded Strongholds! RES
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:34 pm    

First of all I would like to congratulate this site!! It's strongly good AND useful! Really useful!
Now..to my ideas.
I was thought that the strongholds quests were great, but lacked something. They lack continuity. I always finish my stronghold quest a LOT of time before even entering the Underdark! And even playing with multiple strongholds MOD, it's not the same thing. So, I was thinking....why not create a MOD to each stronghold so that they could be upgraded. I mean...a warrior upgraded stronhold, a wizard one, and so on. When I say upgraded, I do not mean only harder creatures, not this kinda stuff...but new areas, new quests, new dialogs, things to extend the time of each stronghold. I remember of me becoming a little furious when first playing the game and then completing the fighter stronghold. You know...I was missing something...harder battles, barbarians invasions, and more. I know it would be very very hard and time using to this but think about the role playing. What do you think about that???

By the way...sorry by the english...

Offline Ka'Victus

• View Profile
    • Email
Very upgraded Strongholds!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:57:35 PM »
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:49 am    

Yeah, I agree heartily. My favourite mage stronghold was so simple that at certain times, I even decided to forgo it. There should be an extension to the stronghold, like an ultimate test to upgrade your title : let's say, for planar sphere, maybe the cowled wizards or Elminster himself come to confer the title Archmage to the player after a major quest or through a maze of proving grounds (where you fight monsters after monsters without rest) etc.
Dare you incur the wrath of the GrandMaster of Wild Magic!!!

Offline Lord Daggoth

• View Profile
    • Email
Very upgraded Strongholds!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »
Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:28 am    

I have some ideas for this, but i have never even touched a BG2 mod program.

Some things you might be able to do in the Planer Sphere:
1. You can search for and train your own custom mages (not like the mini one that comes with the game).
2. "phase" to some basic areas (city districts, Trademeet, Druid Grove, ect...) and use a spell to return to the sphere and back to where you casted the spell (like the Pocket Plane).
3. Purchase golom parts and use the mashine again to make as many as you want (as long as you can pay for needed supplies).
4. "phase" monsters in to a specific room (like that Lum the Mad creation).
5. Add more areas (perhaps a teleportaion golom that lets you teleport to the areas you have currently added on.)
6. Maybe a quest to overthrow the Cowled Wizards (and restore the right to use magic in city limits to everyone (or something))
7. Can learn how to use the planar sphere and (if you gained more that one demon heart) travel to some other planes (like the one in the Bard Stronghold quest).

That is a few things that I came up with.
If someone starts to create this mod then please leave me a message.
"I am the astro-creep, a demolition style hell american freak" -- More Human than Human

"I'm hot, and when I'm not, I'm cold as ice" -- Problem Child (AC/DC)