Author Topic: Cleric of ?  (Read 8557 times)

Offline Magnus

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Cleric of ?
« on: May 02, 2005, 06:09:03 PM »
Should Yeslick be a straight cleric, a Cleric of Lathander, or a cleric of Helm?
Where's me bleedin ale?

My Mods & Contributions:

Dark Horizons

CoM Encounters

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
Cleric of ?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 06:13:46 PM »
Remain a standard cleric, unless you write up a priest of Moradin kit leave him the way he is. He's a dwarf, let him worship a dwarf deity.

Helm and Lathander are generally human deities.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Qualidor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Cleric of ?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 08:47:40 PM »
Actually, Yeslick worships Clangeddin. He even mentions it in the BGI soundset.

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cleric of ?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 09:26:27 PM »
Clangeddin Silverbeard  (Greater God)
Father of Battle, Lord of the Twin Axes, the Rock of Battle
Symbol: Two crossed battleaxes
Alignment: Lawful Good
Element: Fire
Portfolio: Battle, war, valor, bravery, honor in battle
Domains: Dwarf, Good, Law, Fire, Strength, War
Center of Worship: Halls of Victory, Hakar’islar (Solis)
Favored Weapon: “Giantbane” [battleaxe]
Cleric Alignment: LG, LN, NG

When a dwarf marches off to battle, the hymns of Clangeddin Silverbeard (clan-gehd-din sihl-vur-beard) echo in his warrior’s heart. Those dwarves who fight by profession or preference (which is most of them) honor the Lord of the Twin Axes in word and deed, pledging to honor in battle, mastery in training and wisdom in war. Clangeddin never backs down from a challenge, never compromises and never surrenders, even when all is lost. Clangeddin harbors a special kind of hatred towards giants, and it is said that the natural ability of dwarves to confound and defeat these enemies is a gift from him.

History/Relationships
Clangeddin allies with all members of the the dwarven pantheon and has a kinship towards Lorik of the human pantheon. He also holds friendships with Arvoreen and Tyr. According to Clangeddin, the only good giant deity is a dead giant deity, a theory he has tried to prove repeatedly.

Dogma
The finest hours of dwarvenkind come in the thrusts and feints of war. Seize the opportunity to defend your kin and ensure their victory wherever conflict erupts. Revel in the challenge of a good fight and never waver in the face of adversity, no matter how ominous. Lives should never be thrown away foolishly, but the greatest honor is to sacrifice oneself for the cause on the battlefield in service to a righteous cause. When not fighting, prepare for the next conflict physically, tactically and by acquiring resources.  Attack hill giants whenever possible and other evil giants whenever necessary..
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Magnus

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Cleric of ?
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 03:19:01 PM »
I was thinkin of using a preexisting cleric class from the game but making a priest of Clangeddin would be even better.
Where's me bleedin ale?

My Mods & Contributions:

Dark Horizons

CoM Encounters

Offline Qualidor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Cleric of ?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 07:22:12 PM »
If you're prepared to do so, that would be awesome, yes!

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cleric of ?
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 07:38:42 PM »
helm has that seeking sword or what ever its called ability maybe the kit for this deity could have a fire axe that does extra damage to giants.
"Who--who are you?"
"I can see that"

Offline NiGHTMARE

• View Profile
Cleric of ?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 06:25:49 AM »
In case it helps, these are the abilities of the pnp priests of Clangeddin, the Alaghar (Alaghor being the plural form):

• Alaghor can cast command (as the 1st-level priest spell) in combat situations twice per day.

• At 3rd level, alaghor can cast spiritual hammer or rockburst (as the 2nd-level priest spells) once per day.

• At 5th level, alaghor can cast strength (as the 2nd-level wizard spell) on themselves once per day, receiving the benefit as if they were warriors, or they can cast strength of one (as the 3rd-level priest spell) once per day.

• At 7th level, alaghor can cast axe storm of Clangeddin (as the 4th-level priest spell) or defensive harmony (as the 4th-level priest spell) once per day.

• At 7th level, alaghor who are not multiclassed can make three melee attacks every two rounds.

• At 10th level, alaghor can cast detect magic (as the 1st-level priest spell) at will.

• At 13th level, alaghor can inflict a triple-damage battle axe blow once per day. (The attack must be selected after a successful hit, but before the damage is rolled.)

• At 13th level, alaghor who are not multiclassed can make two melee attacks per round.

• At 15th level, alaghor can cast blade barrier (as the 6th-level priest spell) once per day.

Offline Redrake

• God of Frustration
  • Modders
  • Level 4
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - remildragos
    • View Profile
    • A lawyerish website
    • Email
Cleric of ?
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 02:07:13 AM »
Sounds to me like you don't need to create a new kit, but rather modify Yeslick's abilities and description.

Surrender or be squished!

Offline Magnus

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Cleric of ?
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 04:16:15 PM »
Could do that or make another new kit for BG2 for dwarves only; Cleric of Clangeddin.
Where's me bleedin ale?

My Mods & Contributions:

Dark Horizons

CoM Encounters

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
Cleric of ?
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 05:24:07 PM »
I do not think that making a new kit for an NPC is necessarily a good thing if the NPC does not warrant it.  Yeslick does, however, warrant it.  He mentions Clangeddin in his *soundset*.  He is a dwarf.  Go for it!

(And Saerileth will like him a lot.  She follows Tyr, after all.)

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Magnus

• Global Moderator
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Cleric of ?
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 07:09:07 PM »
By Clangeddin's hammer!
Where's me bleedin ale?

My Mods & Contributions:

Dark Horizons

CoM Encounters