Author Topic: ? about trollford quest R  (Read 19310 times)

Offline Grey

• View Profile
Re: ? about trollford quest
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 08:33:28 PM »
October 28th, 2001, 11:27am

Okay - i picked up the trollford quest, found dinan, unlocked his cell - my dialogue says, "let's go" but he doesn't leave. so i did. i returned to umar, went into the tavern, approached his mom. she doesn't acknowledge that i rescued her son - she suggests i do something about the ogres in the area. so i complete the umar hills quest. i return to johanna, and she has some other comment unrelated to her son's rescue. i go all the way back to dinan's cell. he's still just standing there. i cannot initiate a dialogue.
an aside, his friend, who's the one that bit the troll - his dialogue repeats itself everyitme i talk to him. i can go through the whole thing again and agian. he also, like dinan, never leaves, and nothing happens with the fact that he has a troll growing inside him. is something supposed to occur. my last comment to him is along the lines of how he's going to suffer, but it must be done - as if i'm either going to extract the troll, or he's going to die, or maybe change into a troll...
have i encountered a bug?

Offline Well99

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 08:33:29 PM »
October 28th, 2001, 2:05pm

You fought the dwarf and his buddies right?Then went back to the cell to talk to Dinan?
Also if your mage has burning hands in spellls learn it can help you with boy that ate troll tar tar ..it did with me..

Offline Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »
October 28th, 2001, 2:12pm

yes - i found the dwarf, went back, unlocked the cell, coversed with dinan, said, "let's go" but he didn't move - nothing i can do about that, so went back to umar to report to his mom, johanna. she did not acknowledge that i had freed her son.
as for the friend with the troll part in his belly - are you saying to cast a burning hands on him? what's funny is that i was so annoyed i attacked him (this is after going back a secong time to try and free dinan) - but he never turned hostile - so he needs to be attcaked - is this critical to freeing dinan? what about dinan's girlfriend - i told her to get out while the path was clear - was there anything i was supposed to do with her?

Offline Well99

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 08:40:07 PM »
October 29th, 2001, 5:45am

I not sure if curing/burning Dinan friend is critical.I know one time thru my mage fired him up without me doing anything.Also be ready to heal him...As far as the quest itself..I never had a problem...it works for me..I not sure why it doesnt for you.
I know I told the frost giant I would not split the loot with him or let him have the kid..same as with the dwarf..

Offline MadFireballer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »
October 30th, 2001, 2:22pm

When I got to the end of this (very cool I thought) quest and freed Dinan, I opened the door but he wouldn't converse with me at all ("Dinan has nothing to say to you.")

I haven't been back to Umar yet.

J

Offline Well99

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:22 PM »
October 30th, 2001, 3:57pm

Just curious..did everyone talk to Gnome in cabin?I dont know if it has anything to do with problems..I know i did..

Offline wingnut19

• View Profile
    • Email
? about trollford quest
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:23 PM »
October 30th, 2001, 4:17pm

Well99.....Alright I'm gonna break down how I did this quest and if you can see where the heck I went wrong please tell me.

spoiler
I met the lady in Umar Hills. I went to trollford and cleaned out the 1st map. I spoke w/the gnome and he told me about the area. I entered the dungeon. I went through 2 areas resembling the athlaka sewers. at the start of the second some goofball npc got wacked by a troll. This area led into a copy of Firkaags dungeon. I went through, found dinans woman saved the kid with the troll in his tummy and finally found Dinan. He told me about the dwarf So I went out the exit and was met by a frost giant whom attacked me. After that battle I was transported to an area full of fallen trees. I marched through there till I found the entrance to the dungeon. Inside I killed the dwarf and took the key. To the right was a passage that led to a copy of the Darnise dungeon in the back of there I encounteered a marilith who I waxed. I left and As soon as I stepped outside I was teleported in front of Dinans cage. I unlocked it and he thanked me ........Then he sat still and wouldn't talk to me anymore (dinan has nothing to say to you) so I left via the way to Knord and went back to Umar hills. His mom wont talk to me about it and when I trudged all the way back there the little jackass is still sitting there. Now did Dinan actully leave the cave for you and did his mom thank you or give you a reward or is this quest done as is? '
whew

Offline Well99

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:24 PM »
October 30th, 2001, 4:46pm

I dont know what the problem is.I just did it again and didnt talk to the gnome to take that out of the mix.Did the same as you but didnt fight marilith.Just the dwarf and his buddies.I went back and unlocked the door and then the dialog and I was teleported to the inn.
Just a suggestion..Start a new game ..import chrs..go to gov district and hit umar and do the same as before and see if you have same problem.It sounds like we did the same thing..Did you patch after this save by chance?Just curious..

Offline wingnut19

• View Profile
    • Email
? about trollford quest
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:25 PM »
October 30th, 2001, 5:04pm

Hmmm...Yes this is on a clean 100%patched up version. The only thing is maybe I shouldnt have killed the Marilith because When I went outside I was teleported to the cage, unlocked the kid,  and when I went outside I just walked back to umar hills. Did the mom actually say anything to you about completing the quest and am I missing out on a good reward?

Offline hlidskialf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »
October 31st, 2001, 2:02am

This was an odd bug for me too Po'. I spent a while trying various fixes for it but after the dialog with Dinan ("let's go") the cutscene would not engage. I tried playing around with the area script, thought that maybe because of the various Wait()'s in the script after upping the Global to '4'  might be causing it to skip the cutscene. So, I tried CLUAing the global back, tried setting it to an OR(2) where the global was either 3 or 4, (wouldn't affect anything detrimentally anyway if it triggered off 4.) and moving the commands around including a ClearAllAction command. No dice, it just wouldn't respond. So, I pasted the actions into Dinan's dialog at the appropriate spot and it worked perfectly every time! Can't tell you why, I couldn't see any conflict in the rest of the script, but there you have it. Maybe it would be a quick and dirty fix for the next patch? Anyway, I'm loving TDD! *Breathes in that breath of fresh air...*
The grey wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwellings of the gods.