Author Topic: saerileth FAQ (salvaged thread)  (Read 53895 times)

Offline eocine

• MSN Messenger - If'n ya wanna know, just ask...
    • View Profile
    • Email
saerileth FAQ (salvaged thread)
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 07:05:45 PM »
D'Oh!

Ahh well, that'll teach me to read all the info in future...  :rolleyes:

Still, I've enjoyed it enough so far that next time I'll make a compatible PC and actually do it right....

And i spent all that money on the necklace too... Sigh...
 :P

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 07:18:01 PM »
Is she still carrying the necklace?  She should give it back to you.  She won't say anything about it, but she should refuse to have it in her inventory.  :P

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline eocine

• MSN Messenger - If'n ya wanna know, just ask...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 08:09:03 PM »
Yep, she gave it back to me.... *Sound of heart breaking*... Guess I'd better check up on its second hand value...  :D

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 08:16:55 PM »
This particular issue has been a source of controversy from time to time.  Sorry!  :P  Saerileth likes the boys with high Charisma, and she does not like the idea that she was deceived.

Sillara
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »
Two concerns for the modders :

WARNING ! Spoilers ahead !

1. Does Saerileth still marry Edorem is the romanceactive is 3 (if you rejected her love, angered her with something or deceived her with a charisma-enhancing item).

2. It's about the dream Saerileth has in TOB. I really don't get it, what's the problem with it ? It seems a very happy future. Why does Saerileth dread it ? I'm confused... I need a  :idea: .

End Spoiler.
Real sucks, Barca rules !

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Loké

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 09:59:13 AM »
Evidently you missed part of what she said. The first part was sad and the last bit was nice.
'Nobody matters in the end.'

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 04:08:55 AM »
Quote from: "Loké"
Evidently you missed part of what she said. The first part was sad and the last bit was nice.

Not so nice. It's obvious something is weighting on Saerileth, and I don't realize what.

And for question 1, Sillara (I insist, because, if the answer is yes, there can be some problems) ???

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2005, 07:27:29 AM »
Currently, yes, she does.  She would marry Lord Edorem simply out of the sisterly regard she has for him.  Look at it like this.  Charname has rejected her, and her heart is broken.  She cannot be happy again.  Why not make her dear friend/brother Edorem happy if she can?  :P   I am still thinking about this, though.  Consider yourself heard.  I am considering reworking this aspect due to Saerileth's devotion to the PC, even if he *does* reject her.

Sillara

Offline f9th-underdog

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2005, 12:02:40 PM »
Is the girdle of frost giant strength supposed to be in sigil? i thought I read  somewhere in here that it would because Seri wouldn't appreciate the humor of bringing up the demon knights in the UD. I don't seem to be able to find the thread, and there wasn't one in Sigil, unless someone else was selling one.

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2005, 03:22:52 PM »
Quote from: "f9th-underdog"
Is the girdle of frost giant strength supposed to be in sigil? i thought I read  somewhere in here that it would because Seri wouldn't appreciate the humor of bringing up the demon knights in the UD. I don't seem to be able to find the thread, and there wasn't one in Sigil, unless someone else was selling one.

good question.  in the end, we decided NOT to sell the girdle in sigil.  instead, there is an alternate way to get the girdle from the demons without sacrificing to demogorgon.  just play it and you'll find out...

Offline f9th-underdog

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2005, 03:57:58 PM »
No Problem, just wanted to make sure it wasn't supposed to be there and I missed, or maybe something like it had the store file from V3 that didn't get updated.

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2005, 01:15:02 AM »
Quote from: "Sillara"
Currently, yes, she does.  She would marry Lord Edorem simply out of the sisterly regard she has for him.  Look at it like this.  Charname has rejected her, and her heart is broken.  She cannot be happy again.  Why not make her dear friend/brother Edorem happy if she can?  :P   I am still thinking about this, though.  Consider yourself heard.  I am considering reworking this aspect due to Saerileth's devotion to the PC, even if he *does* reject her.

Sillara

Well, Sillara, that is not reason enough. What if Charname dies ? Would she marry Edorem just to make him happy ?

Now, since the answer is yes, I shall tell you what is the problem. I asked this in the past, but I did not insist upon it, since my question was raised only because of my curiousity. But some new information I acquired change the perspective and compelled me to reiterate the issue : the paladin's code of honor says that a paladin should love just once and his love persists regardless of changes in paladin's circumstances or those of the beloved. He will never abandon his beloved for another, even in case of unrequited love. A paladin himself may choose his own beloved and declare his love. This declaration is equivalent to an ethos vow; the paladin must remain true to his beloved from that moment onward. Even if the love is rejected, because inaccesible love is considered by the paladin's code the purest form of love and to remain true to your beloved in such circumstances is considered an accomplishment worthy of utmost respect. If Saerileth chooses to marry Edorem, that can be considered an ethos violation because a vow of love is as binding as any component of a paladin's ethos (the source is a paladin's handbook for AD&D).
     And, BTW, Saerileth could consider the rejection/betrayal a hidden test from Tyr to determine her resilience... After all, to be a paladin means much more than battling evil in the name of your god (that's why Edorem dissappointed me - his behaviour practically brought him on the edge of falling).

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2005, 03:41:05 AM »
Quote from: "Feanor"
    Well, Sillara, that is not reason enough. What if Charname dies ? Would she marry Edorem just to make him happy ?

I know this is not addressed to me, but damn I have to answer it.  dude.... if charname dies, you RELOAD THE GAME.  so it's a moot point.  charname dies = game over.

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2005, 03:52:37 AM »
Quote from: "nethrin"

I know this is not addressed to me, but damn I have to answer it.  dude.... if charname dies, you RELOAD THE GAME.  so it's a moot point.  charname dies = game over.

Debates about character's personality generally ignore game mechanics. The idea of role-playing is to make the character behave according to his personality.
     And, anyway, from what Sillara said, I could conclude that Saerileth married Edorem out of pity. Maybe Edorem is crazy about her, but he should retain some measure of pride : he's a paladin, after all, not a schoolboy running after the queen of the prom.

I know this is not addressed to me, but damn I have to answer it.

Well, Nethrin, it was not adressed to you because I only don't know precisely your station in this mod. Until now, I have the impression that Sillara is the main creator, while you are the main technician.  :D

Offline nethrin

• Retired Modder
  • Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2005, 05:18:23 AM »
Well, Nethrin, it was not adressed to you because I only don't know precisely your station in this mod. Until now, I have the impression that Sillara is the main creator, while you are the main technician.  :D

thanks.  that's the most insulting thing anyone has ever posted about me.  I have put just as many long hours into the CREATIVE aspect of the mod as sillara has.  how dare you.