Author Topic: Comments on Saeri TOB ending (SPOILERS) (salvaged thread)  (Read 27937 times)

Offline Isaac

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Comments on Saeri TOB ending (SPOILERS) (salvaged thread)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 12:01:45 AM »
good thing so now all the heartbreakers can pay for abandoning her.
Isaac - Lilly's apprentice in Silliness

Offline Fraylor

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - kieran_delaney_57@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - fraylor1@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 10:03:39 AM »
I shall have to change my ways then. As I always chose Godhood as My character's when they are Good reason thus, they can do the best for the realms if they ascend. *Looks guilty and decides to retreat before he gets egged for being so callous.

Fraylor: Coward and Proud of it!

First book of my series

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2005, 02:16:15 AM »
Quote from: "Fraylor"
I shall have to change my ways then. As I always chose Godhood as My character's when they are Good reason thus, they can do the best for the realms if they ascend. *Looks guilty and decides to retreat before he gets egged for being so callous.

Toss eggs at Fraylor.  :D

Seriously, now, I think that a good character should not ascend, because it would mean to assume the portofolio of murder, which was the former portofolio of Bhaal. Is is doubtful if a good ascended Charname remains so or the taint will corrupt him and turn him into a true Lord of Murder.
Real sucks, Barca rules !

I like Real only when it plays in Segunda Division !

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Fraylor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2005, 03:54:30 AM »
*Mutters* Damn his rationality. I now feel guilty for leaving all my romanced characters. *Mutters*

Ah yes but Charname may believe that it is for the best, as he would feel guilty for the rest of his life for not becoming a god to make sure that good things come out of it. Also he ould feel guilty for giving up so much power. As even my good characters have their dark side although they wouldn't say so, as that's something I add myself. :)

First book of my series

Offline Attalus

• Level 1
    • MSN Messenger - viconiaslover
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2005, 08:04:40 AM »
My characters have no dark side.  That's why Saeri loves one of them.   :D  Birds of a feather flock together.
"I do love thee for all the qualities that make thee -- thou."  - Saerileth

"And you are here with me, now; you are the rock that saved me." - Aribeth de Tylmarande

"It's Attalus and Imoen, now.  We are one.  C'mon, let's go get our soul back."  - Imoen

Offline Fraylor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2005, 08:10:47 AM »
Ah yes but she loves me too although she doesn't know of the dark side of my character. No one does, unless they look on this thread or it is the character. Anyway I am really enjoying the mod. I liked the first quest.

Anyway from now on I shall chose to stay mortal. *mutters* Damn Guilt! *mutters* I shall remain with the romanced NPC. Plus that way I can see the other end dialougues ;).

First book of my series

Offline Xenshail

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2005, 08:23:59 AM »
Quote from: "Feanor"

Toss eggs at Fraylor.  :D

Seriously, now, I think that a good character should not ascend, because it would mean to assume the portofolio of murder, which was the former portofolio of Bhaal. Is is doubtful if a good ascended Charname remains so or the taint will corrupt him and turn him into a true Lord of Murder.

However he has the solar to help him.
Many Many pretties... piled high beyond the sky. (Sigh)

You! Do I know you? No, I don't know anyone! Back! Bad Dog! Play Dead!

Ooh this face is boring, now I'm...

Shut up! No more questions! Make an appointment! The Coordinater speaks to no one! No one... speaks the Coordinator...

When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like.

Never alone, even when alone. You just cannot see!

You go do that, and try to relax. The warden will be by soon enough. Then cookies.

Offline Fraylor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2005, 09:19:38 AM »
Exactly. Solar would make sure I wasn't corrupted by the taint. Thank you Xenshail. *mutters to self* You should have thought of that. Pay more Attention in future or you will miss important details. *mutters to self*

First book of my series

Offline AstraKiseki

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2005, 10:03:15 AM »
I only saw it because I accidentally misclicked.   :-(   I was crying for a whole day.  In order to recover, I had to use my saved right-before-the-sex games of Tsujatha (six times), Kelsey (three times), and Sir Anomen (five times, but I sat listening to the theme he has and the voice actor).

I want to know how to get the other endings.
Tired of thief-mages?  How about trying out a wide-eyed young man more than a few picklocks up his sleeve?   
 Parn Celoair

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2005, 01:57:50 AM »
Exactly. Solar would make sure I wasn't corrupted by the taint. Thank you Xenshail. *mutters to self* You should have thought of that. Pay more Attention in future or you will miss important details. *mutters to self*

The solars will help him in his duties as god, but he cannot influence his evolution. The problem is that there are no guarantees of how power coming from a very evil source would influence a mortal. The gods behaviour is strongly influenced by their portofolio. And, if Charname gets the portofolio of murder, it's a disaster.

It is said that Mount Celestia is a place of perfection. None else than Saerileth could have been the symbol of its splendor.

Offline Xenshail

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2005, 07:02:03 AM »

The solars will help him in his duties as god, but he cannot influence his evolution. The problem is that there are no guarantees of how power coming from a very evil source would influence a mortal. The gods behaviour is strongly influenced by their portofolio. And, if Charname gets the portofolio of murder, it's a disaster.

I am not sure I can agree. Solar would help your duties as a god but I am sure it? would also help you stay away from the path of evil as it? didn't want an evil Lord of Murder, known by end-dialogue-evil-accept-godhood. Besides if that was true than Bhaal would not be Lawful Evil. I mean really, death (especially violent or ritual murder) is nowhere near laful, neither is Loviatar's torturing, and if Mask, the god of theives, and Vhaerun, the Drow god of thieves, are both evil then why isn't Erevan Illesere, Elf god of thieves, evil as well. And Helm,god of guardians, protectors, protection seems more of a good god than neutral. Hoar, god of revenge, retribution, poetic justice doesn't seem much of a LN god if you ask me. Maybe CN but not Lawful. And Kelemvor's, LN god of the dead, predecessor is Myrkul who was an evil god. It is not the portfolio that determines the god but the god that determines how the portfolio shall be used. Ilmater used suffering in a good way by enduring and suffering for others.

THe PC could easily use his portfolio in a good way, to ease suffering in death, to grant forgiveness with someone's death, to punish evil by death. His portfolio is death. He can use it however he wants. I could even see a TN pc accepting and balancing the portfolio to make it for both the just and unjust.
[/rant]
Many Many pretties... piled high beyond the sky. (Sigh)

You! Do I know you? No, I don't know anyone! Back! Bad Dog! Play Dead!

Ooh this face is boring, now I'm...

Shut up! No more questions! Make an appointment! The Coordinater speaks to no one! No one... speaks the Coordinator...

When Tiax rules, britches will not ride up so wedge-like.

Never alone, even when alone. You just cannot see!

You go do that, and try to relax. The warden will be by soon enough. Then cookies.

Offline Fraylor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2005, 07:11:36 AM »
Quote from: "Xenshail"
It is not the portfolio that determines the god but the god that determines how the portfolio shall be used. Ilmater used suffering in a good way by enduring and suffering for others.

THe PC could easily use his portfolio in a good way, to ease suffering in death, to grant forgiveness with someone's death, to punish evil by death. His portfolio is death. He can use it however he wants. I could even see a TN pc accepting and balancing the portfolio to make it for both the just and unjust.

Thats exactly how I see it. I mean although Charname would be giving up his/her mortality, he would still keep his or her personality and beliefs. I believe that would dictate how the god would use his powers. Therefor I have to also disagree with Feanor. Bhaal was Evil to start with, hence why his portfolio became evil. I'm not going to expand on this as it would involve reiterating what Xenshail said which is pointless really. Solar says that she would guide him, which means that she will make sure that he or she is not corrupted by his or her new powers, which they gain if the accept the portfolio.

First book of my series

Offline Feanor

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2005, 07:27:39 AM »
Quote from: "Xenshail"
It is not the portfolio that determines the god but the god that determines how the portfolio shall be used. Ilmater used suffering in a good way by enduring and suffering for others.

Thats exactly how I see it. I mean although Charname would be giving up his/her mortality, he would still keep his or her personality and beliefs. I believe that would dictate how the god would use his powers. Therefor I have to also disagree with Feanor. Bhaal was Evil to start with, hence why his portfolio became evil. I'm not going to expand on this as it would involve reiterating what Xenshail said which is pointless really. Solar says that she would guide him, which means that she will make sure that he or she is not corrupted by his or her new powers, which they gain if the accept the portfolio.

Fraylor, the problem is that the PC cannot know how the taint will affect him. Truly, what you say could be correct, but on the other hand, there is no assurance and the PC should be wary if he is willing to take the risk. Especially that the PC takes not only the portofolio of Bhaal, but alsso his divine essence. All the good NPC's advise the PC against such a course.

Anyway, one thing I still have to say. If you ascend and abandon Saerileth, prepare for :  :crybaby: .

Offline Sillara

• Retired Modder
  • Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - gilalion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sk8pilmp
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - charisariel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gilalion.com
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2005, 07:16:25 AM »
Anyway, one thing I still have to say. If you ascend and abandon Saerileth, prepare for :  :crybaby: .

Yay!!!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love Tsujatha?
If you like Tsujatha, you should read his novels.
Natha ssin'urn lu' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l' rivven: Yasraena zhah ghil!
Saerileth's bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more  she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.

Offline Undertaker

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • http://forums.chosenofmystra.net/index.php
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2005, 07:33:18 AM »
Quote from: "Sillara"

Yay!!!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Those who abandon Saerileth should be sentenced to be CTRL+Y'ed  :mad:  :mad:  :twisted:
Evil hidden everywhere
Evil has a chilling stare
Null and void of any care
Is where the answer lies
It does no good to beg or cry
It does no good to question why
It does no good it never dies
Evil never dies