Author Topic: Ideas?  (Read 29731 times)

Offline arghorcchewer

• View Profile
Ideas
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:37 PM »
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:27 am    

This is a question as well as an idea.
I'm wondering if either one exists or if anyone is working on something of the sort. One of the things that annoyed me about icewind dale one was its lack of dragons (minus how). I'm surprised no one has made a mod dealing with this. At the same time I'm not because Baldurs gate 2 kicked the crap out of Id1 in terms of plot, gameplay length and abilities.

Offline Fenris

• View Profile
    • Email
Ideas?
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:38 PM »
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:47 pm    

eh, again about Cambions:

Twinblades2 wrote:

Quote:
According to IWD2 cambions are similar to tieflings, only while tieflings are half fiend half human, cambions are half fiend half elf.

According to AD&D 1st. Ed. Monster-Manual II:

Quote:
When a human female mates with a demon, the offspring is always a cambion male.

The only female Half-Demons were Alu-Demons and were the Offspring of human males and a Sukkubus.

I haven't found another Source about Cambions.

Tieflings have only fiendish Ancestors.

In 3e you can use the Half-Fiend Template on nearly everything.

Offline Twinblades2

• View Profile
    • Email
Ideas?
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:39 PM »
Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:35 pm    

If I was inaccurate about cambions I stand corrected.

Drizzt Do' Urden Mo
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:40 PM »
Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:51 am    

Hey guys I've been a fan of the Infinity Engine games for a pretty long time now and I have been trying out all sorts of cool mods and such. I think that lots of modders have TONS of talent ( especially people here, Project Auril really blew me away!) One time I picked up a book by R.A. Salvatore clled the Icewind Dale Trilogy. At first glance I thought it was simply a narration of the "3" Icewind Dale Games: Icewind Dale, "Heart of Winter", and Icewind Dale 2) It didn't take long for me to realize that it was a completely different story taking place in the Spine of the World Region. It was then that I discovered Drizzt Do'Urden. I was fascinated by this Drow Ranger who had become the exact opposite of all that is Drow. I think that he is a real hero. Anyway I think that someone should make a TC about Drizzt's Past. ( for Bgate 2) You could use Ust Natha as a general template for Menzoberranzan ( though It will have to have many changes and be a LOT bigger! You could use R.A. Salvatores excellent book, The Dark Elf Trilogy, which tells about Drizzt's past, as a step by step guide for making the story part of this mod. Think about it! The House vs. House wars, the chores in the temple of Lloth, the training of Drizzt by Zaknafein, his initiation into the Academy. "Choice" would be the main part of the mod, as Drizzt slowly begins to understand the evil of his race. He would have a "familiar" Guenwyvar, the panther, sacred to Meilliki ( cant spell it). His final escape from the Underdark would be cool! The mod could be in 3 chapters, based on the 3 parts of the Dark Elf Trilogy. "Homeland" would be about Drizzts upbringing and escape from Menzoberranzan. The boss of "Homeland" would be reincarnated Zaknafein. "Exile" would be about Drizzt's escape from the Underdark and his being tracked by Kellindil. The "boss" of "Exile", although you wouldn't kill him, only fight him, would be Kellindel, Drizzt's surface elf cousin, equally adept at the bow and sword as Drizzt. "Sojourn" would be about Drizzt's training under Montolio and becoming a Ranger. The 2 bosses of The third and final chapter would be Graul the Orc War Chief, and then finally Caerok, The Silver lord of the night wolves. I'm no modder myself, but doesn't this idea sound nice? I dont want to sound like somebody who just sits back and doesn't do any of the work, but would anyone be interested in at least considering making this mod? FEEDAK WELCOME.