Author Topic: Ideas?  (Read 29487 times)

GreyViper

Ideas?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:47 pm    

A mod featuring Ravenloft. Could be like "Ship Of Horrors", the party wants to travel by sea (not important where) but their ship is enveloped in mist and brought to Ravenloft to some "Island of Terror". Thats where the fun will start. Anyway lately I have come to ahem "like" this Realm Of Darkness, one thing is interesting this land has never had local Paladin, what I mean is this all Paladins have been outsiders and their life span seems verry, verry short.

Offline ChosenofShala

• View Profile
Chosen of Sha'la mod?
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:23 PM »
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:04 pm    

Um, I like the idea of making a undead hunter Paladin....I was going to recommend bard for this mod if you'd asked me a year ago, but in recent months a friend of mine has brought up exactly why Bard was always the Chosen's class and then they Dual-classed to cleric later on. I've spent the past few weeks since he brought that up rethinking them and what i'm proposing is slightly different from the posts on Sorcerer.net and Teambg that are a fwe months old.

Before most of the planes established themselves Trea existed and the war between the goddess Sha'la and the dark god Dram'tus had been going on for extended time. 8 Billion years into the war the 4th era occured and it is here that they began to export the Chosen of Sha'la to other planes for fear that Sha'la would loose the war, and it is about this time that the mod would take place. A Chosen of Sha'la would enter into Faerun probably a female one since females are more common then males. It should be a optional Romance mod I hope, The character should go from being remote and distant from the group, to slowly opening up as she gets to know the party. If posible have a script that makes her a Priority Target for undead since Chosen have an Aura around them that makes them natural enemies of undead same as undead have a Aura that drives the Chosen into a anti-undead bloodlust attacking any undead nearby ally or enemy undead. Her weapon of choice should be the short sword the traditional weapon of choice for Chosen of Sha'la. She'd have a few special abbilities of her own that are not natural for undead hunters but come instead as being chosen of Sha'la. I'd like to have her be introduced in the Slums or Waekeans Prominard having her approach the party and ask them to help her against some undead that have been stalking her at night. A couple of vampires? or Shadows? or lichs depending on party level. As the game pregresses a slightly higher precentage of encounters with undead should occur but nothing to obviously to high until after you find out what she is and she'd explain the consquences of her being in the party. any questions? comments? or suggestions?

Offline ChosenofShala

• View Profile
previous post
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:24 PM »
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:28 am    

This is my previous post from a long time ago in Forgottenwars.net's forum....have been doing revisions since then but thought you might like to see it. questions or comments are acceptable. now it'd be more Paladin like just because of their function in their culture and the noted lack there of Bardic spellcasting abilities. although music would still be a large part of their culture and a innate abbility of theirs it wouldn't be in them just cause it doesn't enhance their combat skills like bardic music does.

The mod puts something from a plane i created into Baldur's gate 2, the Chosen of Sha'la. inpeticular a Bard named Kathrine Dreason. She would be introduced shortly after you left Gallen's house in Act 2. she would approach you as you move toward the exit, and ask for your protection from a vampire that has been stalking her in the night. She would offer to join the party and the following night you'll be attacked by 2 vampires and a Shade. from there she'd have alittle something to say about everything that happens in the game. if you side with bodhi in the quests to get to the asylum she'd leave the party, but if you side with the shadow theives she'd begin to form a romance (if male and either human,elf, or halfelf) with you once you arrive on the island. unlike most bard's she'd be a grandmaster at Shortsword use, very strange indeed, (but common among Chosen who consider it the holy weapon of the Priesthood of Sha'la, and often are trained to use them before they reach puberty.) Also some of the priests in the group may question why she has certain priestly powers (naturaly can heal others) but she will avoid the topic until later (she's more like a Bard/Cleric but since the class doesn't exist in BG2 I can't assign her what most Chosen are) eventually if they presist she will answer them saying that she grew up in a temple and learned some of the skills (Paladins will think this is not true, or rather is a half truth). as the story continues more and more little things come out, until when Bohdi captures her and she does not become a undead (chosen can't although being inflicted with vampirism does weaken them until their bodies fight it off) she admits what she is, most if not all of the party members won't know what that is and she'll spend a while explaining it. again small interactions occur until eventually you reach Hell. In hell she will ask you if after you have reclaimed your soul if you would be kind enough to help her people, on the plane of Trea who live in constant fear of the evil god Dram'tus who seeks to corrupt and foil the world with his taint. you may choose either yes or no, she wouldn't hold it against you, as far as she's concerned she may never return to the world, but she would hold the hope that somehow her people could be saved from an ancient prophecy that predicts dram'tus seceeding. If you took the choice to go you'd have to find another planar gem if you chose not to go RP would continue and romance would slowly progress further, posibly even leading to a pregancy. Durning the choice of wether to become a god or not in TOB she would argue that mortals were never intended to be gods, that the price of imortality often outweights its benifits.

Offline Seifer

• View Profile
    • http://www.final-exodus.net
Ideas?
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:42 am    

In regards to the kit you are after you can take a bard kit and modify the hell out if it, to what you are seeking.
Like my hair?

Offline xXx

• Modders
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Ideas?
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:15 am    

Monty Pythons Rules!!!

Offline Twinblades2

• View Profile
    • Email
Cambions
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:51 pm    

Soulbringer wrote:
Ivanji, as i have seen now you did not get an answer to what a cambion is, well then im going to answer it the best i can.
A Cambion is (as far i have understood and used it like) a some what like a half-demon, thouh they spend their time in the (dont hang me up on this i cant remember if they ar Baatezy, Tanary or the third kind of demons in the blood war (you know what that is)) Abyss/Nine hells/ or the third kind of place where the demon of the forgotten realms world eksists, hoped i helped you just a bit.

According to IWD2 cambions are similar to tieflings, only while tieflings are half fiend half human, cambions are half fiend half elf.

Offline Silke

• View Profile
    • Email
Ideas?
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:28 PM »
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:48 pm    

Damn ELVES ! They gay, uh ! Thin like a pin, silly them ! Tss tss tss ! And they *make* Cambions ! Bastards !

(And Monty Python do rule, yes Sir !)
"That's what the Minstrel sings,
Join in the horrible screams,
Take part in murderous deeds,
Renowned be the Lion-Hearted..."

Blind Guardian - Battlefield.

Offline Zymeth

• View Profile
Ideas?
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:29 PM »
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:39 pm    

Hmm... well I think that there should be a diffirent monk stronghold like a monastery... something like that... also a moonblade quest for elves, yea a moonblade. I mean in BG1 when you got Xan and his moonblade weren't you a bit jealous? I tried so hard to equip it *a mage with a moonblade* a burning sword. That would truly be grand.

Offline Zymeth

• View Profile
Ideas?
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:30 PM »
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:41 pm    

Also has any one seen the movie *Underworld* that would truly make a great mod indeed... vampires versus likens, the only part that would pose dificulty would the areas, dialogues and stores. The classes already exist
like- shapeshifter, vampire kensai or monk with drain spells or use the subrace mod to create one. As I said earlier I don't have experience but im *trying* to make items dialogues and new areas. Please get back to me on this

Offline Silke

• View Profile
    • Email
Ideas?
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:31 PM »
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:05 pm    

Monks are almost ignored, along BGII. It's a shame. No items, no real quests...

Ideas
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:21 am    

Yup I do, I'll play u sometime, monks rule

Offline Zymeth

• View Profile
Ideas?
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:33 PM »
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:08 am    

Ooops, forgot to sign in icon_redface.gif yeah by the way you do konw that wong fei's iuon stone and mostly Tzu Zan's Bracers are monk items. Also they can uae Keldorn's Armor

Offline Twinblades2

• View Profile
    • Email
Ideas?
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:34 PM »
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:27 pm    

Zymeth wrote:
Hmm... well I think that there should be a diffirent monk stronghold like a monastery... something like that... also a moonblade quest for elves, yea a moonblade. I mean in BG1 when you got Xan and his moonblade weren't you a bit jealous? I tried so hard to equip it *a mage with a moonblade* a burning sword. That would truly be grand.

Welverin might be interested in the "moonblade quest" idea sinse he made the subrace mod. It would be quite a good idea if one of the elves from general Ethan's camp or from Suldanessalar gave it to you."

As dor that "cambion" issue I think they would make an interesting subrace. We should ask Welverin what he thinks in the Subrace Forum.

Offline Silke

• View Profile
    • Email
Ideas?
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:20 pm    

Well, Welverin made - And IS MAKING - a Subrace mod, but I don't know if it would be a good idea to make that mod with dozens of new quests for each subrace etc... At least, Iin my opinion, it would be better to make a first version with quests etc, and another one without these. Like concerning the Vampire stuff.

Now what's your point of view about this ?

Offline Twinblades2

• View Profile
    • Email
Ideas?
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 10:55:36 PM »
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:16 pm    

Silke wrote:
Well, Welverin made - And IS MAKING - a Subrace mod, but I don't know if it would be a good idea to make that mod with dozens of new quests for each subrace etc... At least, Iin my opinion, it would be better to make a first version with quests etc, and another one without these. Like concerning the Vampire stuff.

Now what's your point of view about this ?

Hi Silke

I wasn't expecting Welverin to make a new quest for every single subrace. icon_biggrin.gif

I just thought he might be interested in the moonblade quest for elves mentioned preveously.