Author Topic: Bug reports  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Bug reports
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 12:48:29 PM »
Hmm Keto isn't really my favorite character and I forgot she has a crush on Yoshimo. There is no crossmod included and their relationship shouldn't change a thing in Yoshimo Romance content as long as Keto NPC doesn't change original BioWare Yoshimo content :)
However, I feel sorry that you have this bug. Maybe try to reload the game again?
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:
Colours of Infinity: TotDG, Innershade, TWQ, ISNF, Yvette, Foundling
Quests: Eilistraee's Song
NPCs and related: Varshoon | Aeon | Petsy | Tsuki BG2 | Yoshimo Romance | La'Valygar | Quayle BG2 | Swylif | Skie BG2 | White | GaheshLa'Viconia
In-progress projects: Sarine (contribution) | The Purple Splinter | Foundling
Contribution: Ilmatar's Portrait Pack | PaintBG | InfinityKits | Sarevok Friendship

Offline Enkida

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 03:30:28 PM »
Sadly, Keto was bugged even with old saves.  I have no idea what happened, according to my online research that happens when you reinstall a mod, or open a game in ShadowKeeper while Baldur's Gate is still running.  I didn't do the latter, so I can only assume something happened with the former.  I don't recall adding any more mods to my game after I started seriously playing, but then again, you know, testing the portrait pack - maybe it messed with something.  :-(

The good news is I finally got my new game (almost) up to speed where I was before in the romance.  Choosing slightly different dialogue options this time around, I didn't notice any outstanding errors, though that opening "ropes with knots in it" dialogue still came off as a little... hmm.  Weird.  Not bad weird, but not really "smooth English."  I chock it up to being an Eastern proverb that I'm not familiar with. :P

But - this is the bug report thread, and there was a sort-of bug in the new game.  This time I loaded the same mods as before, but using the BWP installer to get the order of installation right (just in case).  Using default BWP settings, this caused everyone's dialogue - Yoshimo's included - to fire off twice in a row near the beginning of the game.  It only happened once so far, and it happened to everyone, so it's a BWP bug and not a Yoshimo bug.  But, since I left the installation order completely up to BWP, that means the default way the YR installs with all the scores of other mods results in a somewhat buggy dialogue timer.  I don't think there's anything you can do about it, since the current BWP is one big fat "insert explitive here" mess, especially if you DON'T want to install every mod and its brother.  But be aware, the mega installer is buggy with YR (and every other NPC, too, it looks).

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find any solution to the problem :(
Well, I never player BWP, because I like to do my own research on released mods, then decide which I want to play this time and - what's more - I do write mods I try to construct a working machine without some "fast and useful facilities".

Thanks for the report, though :)
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:
NPCs and related: Varshoon | Aeon | Petsy | Tsuki BG2 | Yoshimo Romance | La'Valygar | Quayle BG2 | Swylif | Skie BG2 | White | GaheshLa'Viconia
Contribution: Ilmatar's Portrait Pack | PaintBG | InfinityKits | Sarevok Friendship

Offline Enkida

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »
In the player initiated dialogue, you have the option to ask Yoshimo why he chose to become a bounty hunter.  This option never goes away and you can change your answer every time.  Not sure if that was planned or not but I would call it a bug?v

Offline banalreality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 02:52:11 AM »
Hello!

First of all let me say that I've really enjoyed the mod so far. I've never taken along Yoshimo before and this has really made feel for him as a character, even if it's mostly pity ^^'.

I'm not sure if I've run into a bug, or everything is as its supposed to be. I've just killed Bodhi in chapter 6, and that vampire that stole Yoshimo's heart in Spellhold. Only...There's no heart to be found now. Is that intentional? I had my fingers crossed that he was to be revived, but I see nothing leading up to this :/

So...Have I run into a bug/conflict (I've a few other romances on the same save, and Edwin was kidnapped this time around) or should I just wait and see?

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:12 AM »
Nope, it's not a bug. Here is the line from vampire's dialogue, just after plot in Spellhold:
~Hmmhmmhmm! Ah, your pitiful words make me thirsty. How disappointing I can‚??t kill you now. But an order is an order. And I'm sure we'll meet again. (Smashes the heart)~
She smasheed the heart, so you won't find it. However, that's not the end of the story :)
Remember that if you've got Imoen in your team, she will also have some talks about Yoshimo.

I hope you find this mod quite touching!
Cheers!
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:

Offline hook71

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 08:50:48 AM »
Looked through the mod and found some typos:

[spoiler]ANOME25J.d:

~Saying your sorry isn't anything to be ashamed of.~

your -> you're

~*chuckle* I hardly see how. But I have grown in your company, CHARNAME. Not only thanks to your influence. Observing the fates of others...such as Yoshimo...has helped me to understand my own, a little. Perhaps.~

CHARNAME -> <CHARNAME>

ANOMENJ.d:

~Look at him - a man to whom nobility means only gold, to whom an honourable title is simply another commodity. I saw many like him in the Copper Cornet. They seek out their prey and drain it like leeches.~

Cornet -> Coronet

Candlekeep.d:

~Usually, my friend, but I'm not hired. I am even been considering leaving the life of the bounty hunter behind me.~

"I am even been considering" -> "I am even considering" or "I have even been considering"

~So, you have returned. It has been some time since we last spoke. With Irenicus's defeat I was given a chance to live outside that - glass. Do you know me? I am Rielev.~

Irenicus's -> Irenicus'

Imoen2J.d:

~Hey, I fell for it too - he seemed so nice when we have met him. Didn‚??t he say something about a geas? If that's true, then I guess he just couldn't do much about it.~

when we have met him -> when we met him

~I don't know what kind of geas Irenicus used. Maybe he didn‚??t even use it on Yoshimo ‚?? maybe he used it on someone Yoshimo had to protect. I don‚??t know enough, CHARNAME. But it‚??s powerful, evil magic. Irenicus is a real monster if he‚??d do that to someone...~

CHARNAME -> <CHARNAME>

~He's dead already, so there‚??s nothing do discuss. I‚??ll move on. It‚??s not like I‚??m short of willing men or anything.~

do -> to

~But, I'm afraid of what might happen, now. You remember how that vampire smashed his heart before we could deliver it to Illmater's temple? It was Bodhi and Irenicus who ordered her, so maybe they‚??ve come up with something else.~

Illmater's -> Ilmater's

Imoen25J.d:

~You must be tired. But I guess we have can‚??t stay here forever. Still, you‚??re the boss so...~

we have can't -> we can't

~I guess Illmater gave Yoshimo the redemption he deserves.~

Illmater -> Ilmater

~I thought you loved him very much. It guess I was wrong.~

It -> I

Yoshimo.d:

~Well, I'm am waist deep in this already, and we still have to rescue Imoen. Rest assured that I will not leave your side easily!~

I'm am -> I am

~Ah, perhaps we will find something from Kara-tur in the Promenade. There are plenty of merchants there, and plenty of wares. At least, there‚??s a chance.~
~To be honest, I do not miss only the rice wine and culinary habits of my home. I miss Kara-tur itself. The lands and culture here are very different. Even the sky seems to be different.~

Kara-tur -> Kara-Tur

~But for now Kara-Tur is far away, and I will not be able to see it‚??s beauty any time soon. Tell me, <CHARNAME>. Have you ever seen my homeland?~

it's -> its

~Honor is your good name - how other people regard you. My honour is my life, and I would never besmirch it.~

honour -> honor

~I wouldn't considerable you an honorable man, actually. You don't seem to be the sort of person who pays attention to that, Yoshimo.~

considerable -> consider

~It pains me to admit my own failibility, my friend, but I perhaps spoke in haste during our last exchange. From now on expect my usual attitude. That should work, eh?~

failibility -> fallibility

~Ah! Almost! So? I wish to see how it will go with my luck. Perhaps I should have found a potion of luck before I challenged you to a gambling game. (He takes the dices and throws them)~

dices -> dice

~ (The first of the dice lands, showing six pips. The second slows to a stop, showing another six. The final die begins to slow with a tantalizingly high number of pips when, from nowhere, a Saskatcewan pheasant snatches it up and dashes off into the brush. )~

Saskatcewan -> Saskatchewan

~That was an interesting game. Perhaps we will play dice again someday. Now we should be going, my friend - before the bird gives the dice back and you win!~

dice -> die

~Ah, that's mostly interesting, leader! Imoen shot you, eh? She sounds like a brat, but still she seems to be quite important to you.~

mostly -> most

~I see - Sarevok. That makes things clearer. But I'm glad that you managed to survive, <CHARANAME>. It must have been a hard for you.~

<CHARANAME> -> <CHARNAME>, been a hard -> been hard

~I need no rags from you, thief. This is no time for charity or complaining! We need to keep moving~

Full stop missing at the end.

~I ‚??d like to talk to you for a bit more. That‚??s okay, isn't it?~

I ‚??d -> I‚??d

~I wonder if it is a stray dog or if he is lost. I hope he‚??ll be alright. You can't come with us, pup ‚?? you would become some orc‚??s dinner. Hehe, you are a good dog. A very good dog. (the dog is panting happily, tongue lolling outside it's mouth.)~

it's -> its

~That should do, my friend. We should wait few minutes before we replace your belongings.~

wait few -> wait a few

~ I am fine, my friend. I woke up a some time ago, but since all were sleeping I decided to sit here for a while and watch the fire.~

woke up a some -> woke up some

~Ah, even a simple cup of tea with you can cheer a man up, <CHARNAME>. I could find no better companion even in a Kara-turan teahouse. I thank you.~

Kara-turan -> Kara-Turan

~Indeed. I‚??ve got a bad feeling, but I know we we‚??ll succeed ‚?? don‚??t worry, Yoshimo.~

we we'll -> we'll

~It's because I care happens between us, Yoshimo.~

care happens -> care what happens

~We can't take you home, so I thought I‚??d bring part of Kara-tur to you, Yoshimo!~

Kara-tur -> Kara-Tur

~Ha! That‚??s the first time I‚??ve seen you looked surprised! Eat it - it's yours.~

looked -> look

~It's fantastic! Now I understand why you miss your homeland. There‚??s nothing like that in this part of Faerun. Kara-tur must be very different indeed.~

Kara-tur -> Kara-Tur

~As I said, touch is the best guide I could find. I‚??m just learning as much as I can about the Deep Gardens.~

touch -> Touch

~I could have told you that without entering the room. This is the Copper Cornet.~

Cornet -> Coronet

~Here, in Faerun, Ilmater is one of the gods who does not fight to have more followers, and his temples are as small as shrines in Kara-tur.~

Kara-tur -> Kara-Tur

~I would never thought you would be nostalgic, Yoshimo!~

I would never think you would be nostalgic, Yoshimo! or I never thought you would be nostalgic, Yoshimo!

~Even thief must believe something - we deal with deadly business every day. I hope that if I fall, Imater may lend me a hand.~

thief -> thieves, Imater -> Ilmater

~I think that would impossible even with all Torm's power.~

would impossible -> would be impossible

YoshimoAdd.d:

~It is just - religion in Kara-tur is somewhat different. Here, it is all great monuments and expensive objects. I can't get used to it.~
~I know little about the Way of Enlightenment, it wasn't widely followed in my region. I know it was brought from Shou Lung - a different part of Kara-tur.~

Kara-tur -> Kara-Tur

~It is different - as I said before. And while I find the religion of this land interesting, I grew up with the Kuraturan way of looking at the gods. I miss it, sometimes.~

Kuraturan -> Kara-Turan

~Come, we shall do what me must and leave this place immedietally.~

immedietally -> immediately

~I must say that peculiar as it is, it's not less extraordinary than the Planar Sphere itself. I am mostly intrigued with its plan. It must have took Lavok ages to make it work.~

took -> taken

YoshimoPID.d:

~Can you tell me again which part of Kara-tur you‚??re from?~
~That makes sense. I think I‚??d like to see Kara-tur one day.~

Kara-tur -> Kara-Tur

~He considered me a weakest of my brothers - he didn't take my age into account when I was compared with my 'ani' - that would be the word for older brothers.~

a weakest -> the weakest

~There's no need for that, sweet plum! My father is an old fashioned, but a good man. I suppose he tried to motivate me in his own way. But he hardly believed I would leave home, I think.~

is an old fashioned -> is old fashioned

~I wish I could see one of those festival she took part in.~

festival -> festivals

YoshP.d:

~Yoshimo shall leave you then. If you wish for my company again, you may find me at the Copper Cornet.~

Cornet -> Coronet

YRxMes.d:

~One night a man just appeared and handed me a bag of coins. He said that he and his companions were going to sail far away, and he told me to look out for someone like you. He said his name was - what was it? Yorishmo? I think he was from Kara-tur. He was foreign, anyway. He said if he wasn't with you, I should give you this package.~

Kara-tur -> Kara-Tur

~Yoshimo! That's right. I wasn't sure if the remembered the name correctly... I'm just glad I can stop looking, now.~

if the remembered -> if I remembered

YRxYU2.d:

~I... I lied to you. I tried do convince myself that I can forgive your sin, but it's impossible. I'm sorry.~

do -> to

~I died in this place and the curse trapped me. It is my fate for abetting Irenicus. I think even Illmater cannot reach me here.~

Illmater -> Ilmater

~I can't stand it... I tried do convince myself that I can forgive you, but it's impossible. I'm sorry.~

do -> to

~Remember something - this may be our farewell, but it doesn't mean that we should forget about each other. I will die with this place and then, perhaps, my place will be with Illmater.~

Illmater -> Ilmater

YRxYUN.d:

~With her actions, Bodhi made the geas impossible to dispel- my heart is gone and I cannot be redeemed. Illmater has no power to save me without my heart. And that is why I am here, my friend. I must obey Irenicus and his insane commands. So - friend is foe once again.~

Illmater -> Ilmater

Items:

Yoshimo mother's necklace

This beautiful pendant, a flower fixed in amber, is from far-off Kara-tur. Yoshimo stole it from his mother‚??s room when he was a young man, and has carried it with him ever since.
He left it, along with a letter, with a messenger before your party left for Spellhold. Yoshimo must have been certain there was no way to avoid his death.

STATISTICS:

Protection from magic +6%
Saving throws bonus: +2
Protection from petrifaction
Regeneration: heals 1 HP every 20 seconds

Yoshimo mother's necklace -> Yoshimo's mother's necklace, Kara-tur -> Kara-Tur, petrifaction -> petrification

Blue-eyed Ring

This ring was found in the Tanner's basement in Bridge District. According to Yoshimo, it belonged to Ulla, who was found dead - she must have been murdered by the Tanner. There is a small dedication on the inner side of the ring. It says "I'll always love you - V."

STATISTICS:

+3 saveing throw vs. death

in Bridge District -> in the Bridge District, saveing -> saving[/spoiler]

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 06:17:50 PM »
Thanks. I suppose I should prepare a new version... I will try to do so... In 2 weeks time, maybe. I'm very busy right now.
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:

Offline Blacklily

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »
Whatever I do, I cannot get YR to work. :( Yes, my character meets the requirements, female, human, 13 charisma...
The romance dialogues never start, but interestingly enough, the additional ones (like when you enter the Adventurer's mart) do.
Any idea what to do? A cluaconsole command, perhaps (although I've already tried some commands, but since I'm no modder, I may have tried the wrong ones)? Please, I'm desperate here. :(

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »
Have you got Yoshimo Friendship installed? If yes, then Yoshimo Romance used in-game time for 3 first talks. Make sure you talked to Gaelan in Slums, that it's chapter 2 and then try resting for a few times.
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:

Offline Blacklily

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 03:14:08 AM »
I haven't got Yoshimo Friendship installed. In fact, the only other mod i'm currently using is Dungeon-be-gone, and even that, I used only for the first level of Irenicus' dungeon. :/
I'm in chapter 2 and tried resting like 5 times now...
The strange thing is, that not even CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(500000) works, which always solved any kind of problem with other romance mods. :P
Yoshimo just doesn't want to hook up with me, or what? :/

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 03:58:02 AM »
Try more than 5 times. AdvanceRealTime works with real time, and I told you that this used in-game time for 3 original talks. Timer is set to 2 or 3 days, so 6 or 9 "rests".
Also check is Global("YoshimoMatch","GLOBAL") is set to 1.
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:

Offline Blacklily

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »
Resting solved the problem. Thank you for the quick answer! :)
Boy, am I well-rested now or what? :D

Offline Lava Del'Vortel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 06:53:14 AM »
Sorry for the problem. I had to do something to make the original talks fire. They were strangely coded and a bit unpredictable. Now you can get through them quite rapidly. After you had those three BioWare talks, you will be able to enjoy the romance. The romance doesn't use in-game time. Only those 3 original ones use it.

Let me know if you enjoyed the mod :)
Lava's Scriptorium

Done projects:

Offline hook71

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 03:07:19 AM »
Just a note that the typos I reported in reply #22 in this thread are still valid for version 2.0.