Author Topic: Demon Hearts  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Korpen

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Demon Hearts
« on: May 01, 2005, 01:37:16 PM »
I have no mods except the Saerileth Romance mod installed, I completed the planar sphere quest and have 2 demon hearts left do they serve any purpose other than for the quest? Also, I have completed all the quest at windspear hills (killed shadow dragon as well) is there any use for the shadow dragon ward stone/symbol of Amaunator/shadow prison key?
Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death. -Miyamoto Musashi
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -George Santayana
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.-Mahatma Gandhi
"My Country is the world and my religion is to do good." Thomas Paine

Offline Qualidor

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Demon Hearts
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 05:15:25 PM »
No to all of the above, if Saerileth is your only mod.

Some other mods re-use certain items in the list you presented, but the original game does not.

Offline Wistrik

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Hearts
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 07:21:48 PM »
Quote from: "Korpen"
I have no mods except the Saerileth Romance mod installed, I completed the planar sphere quest and have 2 demon hearts left do they serve any purpose other than for the quest? Also, I have completed all the quest at windspear hills (killed shadow dragon as well) is there any use for the shadow dragon ward stone/symbol of Amaunator/shadow prison key?

You can get three demon hearts in the course of the Planar Sphere quests but only one is used by the sphere's engine, leaving you with two extra hearts that serve no purpose in the unmodded game.

The Shadow Dragon Ward Stone provided an alternate path of not fighting the Shadow Dragon in order to defeat the Shade Lord. Since you killed the dragon, the ward stone no longer has any purpose.

The reason you still have the shadow prison key and symbol of amaunator is because of bugs with the doors that are supposed to require those 'keys' not being flagged to actually require those keys, and/or you put them into a bag of holding which keeps the door/key usage from working properly. (Keys are supposed to disappear when used -- you hear an accompanying sound effect when this happens.) There are several bugged doors, which leads to the player carrying around a lot of useless keys by the end of the game.

Saerileth has nothing to do with any of the things you mention. Those items are all part of the unmodded game.

Yes, this answer is basically the same as the one that precedes it, but I was in the mood to offer indepth information, so there you have it.

Offline Zyraen

• Level 2
    • MSN Messenger - zyraen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Demon Hearts
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 07:26:03 PM »
Get item upgrades and use the demon heart to upgrade the ever awesome Celestial Fury! :)
SoAVer
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps and redistribution, and more.

Offline Lord Kain

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12483/
    • Email
Demon Hearts
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 07:31:58 PM »
I don't think its right to use demon hearts to upgrade the celestial fury.
"Who--who are you?"
"Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."
"I can see that"
"Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

Offline Korpen

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Demon Hearts
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 03:29:56 AM »
ok, ty.
Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death. -Miyamoto Musashi
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -George Santayana
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.-Mahatma Gandhi
"My Country is the world and my religion is to do good." Thomas Paine

Offline Chulitna

• View Profile
keys
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 11:23:28 AM »
I collected the keys once. I had a ton of them by the end of the game. I just kept going back home (Ranger Cabin) and dumping them in a box.

Actually, I collected all sorts of stuff, holy symbols, keys, books, you name it. I like the troll's cookbook.