Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 15934 times)

Offline ilot

• View Profile
A few questions
« on: April 17, 2011, 01:57:53 AM »
Hi

I've 2 questions:

1. I would like to know if in the last version of TDD (1.14) is solved the "bug" about "Could of Pestilence"  ;D

2. I've noticed that the "Anti-Paladin" (kit of TDD) is not be able to use "Dark Justice" but this blade is granted to an anti paladin!!!!  ???
Why? Can I solve this situation edit the item with Near Infinity? The itemname is: "Antisw".

Thanks

Offline Hoppy

• View Profile
    • Email
A few questions
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 01:58:00 AM »
Hi ilot!

The specific items for many of the kits are trashed and it is like the one you had for mage hunter.  You can easily edit the item to be usable by Paladins and evil alignment.  That would work but if you have a Dark knight in your party, the sword would be usable by that kit as well.

TDD has one too many kits for Paladin.  In older versions the Saureal (sp?) was unavailable in kit selection and in Weidu versions the Dark Knight took the bench.

The only way to see all kits is to use the TOBEX (http://www.shsforums.net/forum/606-tobex/) by Ascension64 and its component for extended kit selection.  It is still possible to change existing NPC's to have the kit or use Shadowkeeper to edit a save and select the missing evil Paladin.

Offline superbai

• View Profile
Questions
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:44:40 AM »
Quote from: Ilot

2. I've noticed that the "Anti-Paladin" (kit of TDD) is not be able to use "Dark Justice" but this blade is granted to an anti paladin!!!!  ???
Why? Can I solve this situation edit the item with Near Infinity? The itemname is: "Antisw".

Just fiddled around with this and worked it out. Just use Near Infinity and enable the weapon for Cavalier, and then your anti-paladin should be able to equip it.

Offline ilot

• View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:29:07 PM »
Hi Hoppy  8)

Thanks to Hoppy and superbai

...and about "Could of Pestilence"????? Is solved??

Offline Hoppy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 04:19:07 PM »
No and probably will not be anytime soon since it has been like this since TDD was born.  Just to be clear, the only problem with the spell effect is granting experience for kills but the spell effect itself works.  I added a SLAY opcode so there might be a chance for a kill like with Cloudkill but it is based on save so it won't happen everytime. So without XP for kills, think of it as a balance effect for a low level spell. Also, think of it tactically and use it with other area of effect spells or ranged attacks and you'll get XP more or less from the other damages and not Cloud of Pestilence.

The BWP had a fix that I tried but it sucked and trashed more things beyond the spell itself.  That's what happens when things aren't tested and fly by night fixes rule all.  Spell Revisions has a Cloud of Pestilence too but it is different,  I might see if I can use that in a future update but that's not going to be for a while.

Offline ilot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 02:22:38 PM »
Thanks Hoppy :)