Author Topic: Xzar's Quest  (Read 13354 times)

Offline superbai

• View Profile
Xzar's Quest
« on: April 17, 2011, 01:24:23 AM »
Hey, Hoppy! I'm playing a BWP install with TDD 1.14. With Xzar's Quest, it seems that having Montaron's Body in my inventory does not trigger the resurrection scene at all---Xzar does absolutely nothing.

So after looking at some of your older posts, I'm wondering if this is the same problem as the TDD v BGT thing that you've described. In my standard BWP install, TDD goes before BGT. But if I install BGT first, would that solve the problem and allow Xzar to resurrect Montaron?

Offline Hoppy

• View Profile
    • Email
Xzar's Quest
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 01:40:53 AM »
If BGT is after TDD then an imported version of Xzar would work only.  If TDD is after BGT, only the TDD version and not the imported version would work.  I tried to do it for both but that means editing BGT files.

Once BGT is installed after TDD, my edits would become void so I scrapped them and I didn't particularly feel like pursuing it.

Offline superbai

• View Profile
Xzar's Quest
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 01:41:03 AM »
So basically that means if I want Xzar's quest to be completed in my current install (TDD before BGT), I have to have him in my party by the end of BG1, so he can import via BGT.

Offline Hoppy

• View Profile
    • Email
Xzar's Quest
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:40:08 AM »
Exactly.  Same goes for Shar Teel and Kivan's quests in TDD.  This is due to BGT coding which will change TDD's anyway if it comes after.  TDD does the same thing consequently so if it came after BGT, then only TDD NPC's got the show.  You have to remove the code from both mods and rescript it for both varieties to make it work both ways and I don't see it happening anymore.